Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "What Is Istaria?" - Game Overview Video

Default Re: "What Is Istaria?" - Game Overview Video

*bows low*
    b r i g h t and b r i l l i a n t

as I am a little late ( I`m not much on forum nowadays)
    seems all is said already.

What a precious piece of Istaria

Flame`s and my wholehearted thanks for the time and love you put into this and other Istarian projects!!

You rule Racktor!!

*respectful winghug*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Hey Racktor. Very nice job on that video! Well thought out and narrated. Was interesting, a trip down some memories, and a little inspiring to me. Maybe not to play really but I am giving a bit of thought to getting Maya fired up and try to get a new dragon emote or two made. Been a long while and I'll have to remember how to export them. Anything you would like to see? A PM with a suggestion would be best so as not to hijack your thread.

Keep up the great work!
    I believe it was you who made colored membranes of earfins,id like a mod for that! (like underwing mod by Rack)

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    *bows low*
    b r i g h t and b r i l l i a n t

as I am a little late ( I`m not much on forum nowadays)
    seems all is said already.

What a precious piece of Istaria

Flame`s and my wholehearted thanks for the time and love you put into this and other Istarian projects!!

You rule Racktor!!

*respectful winghug*
    Thank you Lov! ^^ I was wondering if you would comment eventually.

I always try to put my best foot forward and work hard on Istaria-related projects - whether it be a little mod or a long video. ^^ You're welcome though - I just really enjoy working on stuff like this.

Finally made time to watch the whole thing. It is really very nicely done. :-)

Thank you, Awdz ^^ It is kind of a long video, especially for me! (Usually only 4-6 minutes)

A really well made video , It should be official promo video.
    Although I wonder why it have so low views , maybe try adding more tags to video ?

Thanks.

My videos in general get pretty low views. I don't have many active subscribers nor does the video really pop up high for searches for 'Istaria'. I'm not sure what other tags I could add though - my current ones are "Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted", "Massively Multiplayer Online Game" (those two given to me by youtube), "MMORPG", "Istaria", "dragon", "game", "introduction", and "overview".

Usually my best source of views is just people sharing it with others. I even posted it on Tumblr this time though. xD
    http://firedragon97.tumblr.com/post/...to-answer-that

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    I believe it was you who made colored membranes of earfins,id like a mod for that! (like underwing mod by Rack)
    I had to dig around and found that I actually still have the assets for the colored membranes. I thought that I had lost them. The problem is that they way that I hacked them in to work was to use the stripe color to trigger the membrane color change and that is when I had access to the development software and could twitch and tweak my test dragon quickly. It has been a long while since I worked on them so I don't quite remember how it all functioned. But if someone wants to take the membrane cutouts and play with the files then I'll be happy to send them to you. Just send me a PM so as not to derail Racktor's post.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    Neat! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    I had to dig around and found that I actually still have the assets for the colored membranes. I thought that I had lost them. The problem is that they way that I hacked them in to work was to use the stripe color to trigger the membrane color change and that is when I had access to the development software and could twitch and tweak my test dragon quickly. It has been a long while since I worked on them so I don't quite remember how it all functioned. But if someone wants to take the membrane cutouts and play with the files then I'll be happy to send them to you. Just send me a PM so as not to derail Racktor's post.
    I may have to ask you for them at some point. It's a pain in the butt trying to select the area for the wings, nevermind the fins. :P

Very nice

Thank you

Also, on another note - once either we get a dev reply to the free-trial thread or two weeks have passed since the last reply there, I'll make a follow-up video to explain the new free trial system that'll be linked in the current video via annotation. If only I knew the trial system would change so soon, I woulda waited.

Thank you very much Ractor!
    Your video is just what I needed to help explain Istaria over on the Shroud of the Avatar forums.

(Wonders if any other Istarians are playtesting SotA too)
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

You're very welcome, even if I'm super late!

I did make that follow-up video, finally. I have no script and my niece crying in the distance kept distracting me so I stutter and lose my train of thought sometimes. (I don't think you can hear her in the video, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    You're very welcome, even if I'm super late!

I did make that follow-up video, finally. I have no script and my niece crying in the distance kept distracting me so I stutter and lose my train of thought sometimes. (I don't think you can hear her in the video, though)
    Apparently I am a dumb and didn't realise that you choose 'Free Access', not a sub type, haha. I'll either add an annotation or re-record this later, but the general concept is still right.

Thread Information