Thread: What has happened to my biped's melee damage?

Default What has happened to my biped's melee damage?

This isn't a dragon vs biped post. This is a simple question, wth happened to my bipeds damage?
    A little about me. I swing a priceless adamantium battle axe delay 45 105-165 damage. I have 2k strength and about 1900 two hand slash. just from gear gifts and enhances. I could use all my pots foods consumables and the kitchen sink to get those numbers higher but why? I'm consistently hitting for 300-399 damage a swing on mobs from dim wisps to mylocs in doom.

I get the whole "higher mobs should take longer to kill" thing but what's the point of lvl'n beserker to 100 for an extra 100 two hand slash that I don't see cause damage is all over the place. maxing stats and skills, by logic, whould tighten that damage variance.

Again, not to flame war, but my dragon's gold rage has a consistent and tight variance damage range. I know from launch that there was a convoluted damage formula, but I enjoy making my toon more powerful by leveling select schools.

My alt human biped has a few schools and a priceless two hand sword lower delay and damage and she hits for 250-350 on many types and tiers of mobs with 1/10th the ingame play invested.

I know there's many factors that play into damage, but maybe take a look into it or tell me what I'm doing wrong.

p.s. this is just from unstyled swings.

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

Default Re: What has happened to my biped's melee damage?

Two things going on here:
    First, you're comparing apples and oranges. Gold Rage is an ability, unstyled swings are not. Compare Gold Rage to Crit Strike, and you might see more similar numbers (I'm not sure).
    Second, Strength does more to help damage than 2 Hand Slash. If you can shift from 2 Hand Slash into Strength, you should see a damage improvement (though at some point you're going to start missing). Points in Strength give you 50% more damage than the same points in 2 Hand Slash. You have both at or near 2K. Do you need 2 Hand Slash that high?
    --
    Daulnay
    Tamlis Askereth, Saris, Order
    Thorncloud Moonskimmer, Dragon, Order

Default Re: What has happened to my biped's melee damage?

I only put my training points in 2handslash and strength, and have strength capped rest in 2handslash and hps. I did the same thing on my dragon. I'd like to test critical strike to see the variance but that 3min cooldown would make it tedious. I have since found a work around using my old Mithril battle Axe.

Thread Information