Thread: 388.47.2

Default 388.47.2

I do not like the fact that the filters prevent us from making the inventory and the pet inventory smaller
    At the moment the 2 boxes take up 2 thirds of the bottom of my screen, instead of being tucked away nice and neat in the left hand 4 inches of the bottom of my screen. Add my disk to the mix and I can forget the bottom of my screen
    I get it that people will want filters but please get that I want to see my inventories and what my character is doing.

Default Re: 388.47.2

Well... At first, I was going to reply to this thread and say "but filters for the inventory window are awesome, I would love that!" but I figured I'd check it out for myself first and uh... wow.

Those bottom two windows are my cargo disk and pet. That... is unreasonably large, haha.

Instead of reversing the changes (I would personally love filters used in trades for my inventory window) perhaps we could get one of the following:

• A button to bring up the old trade filters window that used to be part of the Trade interface, but modified for inventories instead. This way, only one new button would be added next to the current "List View" button, and we could filter our inventories accordingly.
    • An option within the Right Click > Properties... Window specifically for inventories that gives us a new checkable "Remove extra features" option? I've always wanted to remove the redundant coin amounts/buttons from my two disk/pet inventory windows, so tying that in with these new filter buttons would be nice. I don't know if this is possible, however.
    • Make it so that the filter buttons auto-hide behind the circular buttons when the window is resized, back to its original minimum size (which was nice, though still larger than I needed for my cargo disk/pet personally). Similar to how the filter buttons on the Map window work when you resize it.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Filters on trades with consigners, such as how it currently works, I think are useful.

Filters on my own inventory, I just don't see the need.

I have a feeling it will cause more issues than it proposes to solve. how many newbs will be like "I can't find my tools!" or " I have no room in my inventory any more.." just a whole mess it opens up imho.

Add to all that, the fact that it's making the windows much larger, and I would have to say I would rather just pass on that feature, or give some option in settings to disable it so that I don't have to worry about it, and it doesn't affect the window sizes.

My "filters" have always just been pouches dyed various colors. Not sure where the need for actual filters on inventory came from.

I hate it, no need for filters on Inventory. When I'm crafting I keep Disk, Pet and Inventory windows open so I can make sure everything is getting filled right. The way it is now that's 1/3 of the screen gone. Going back to the old client.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

I'm going to have to agree with Guaran and Dacurly I think there isn't really a purpose for a filter for inventory window but more so the pet window, the pet only holds two items there is no need for a filter.

I tend to feel that the filters for inventory are an overkill. Like others I keep my inventory, disk and pet windows open all the time and that will just kill screen territory and cause more button pushing to open and close windows when seeing what's in them.

The filters are especially not wanted on disk and pet windows that only hold a couple of items. However, an option to turn filters off (and on) in individual windows shouldn't be very intrusive.

Biggest issue I see is the size, or the lack of a re-sizing option. Also list mode works just fine to filter stuff. A guild mate said "if you have that much in your pack that you need filters, its time to empty your pack."
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Blight has been updated and now has a button to show / hide the filter option. That should allow the small inventory window sizes.

This update is schedule for release in the near future. Thank you to everyone for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    Blight has been updated and now has a button to show / hide the filter option. That should allow the small inventory window sizes.

This update is schedule for release in the near future. Thank you to everyone for your feedback.
    Thankyou Yfelvik

Must say its a pleasure to play a game where the devs actually listen to the players and make adjustments and not just a this is the way it is, again thx for all yall do.

!!Rwrr!! Smaug !!Rwrr!!

Glad the changes are being enjoyed. Sometimes requests are easy to do and low risk, so they can be completed quickly, while other times more complicated / high risk, so take longer.

Thread Information