Thread: Blight Client 388.52

Default Blight Client 388.52

Blight has been updated with a release that should resolve the "background process" Istaria issue. This is where you close Istaria, but it is still running in the background. Please be sure to patch to Blight, and if you still have this issue, please reply to this thread or send in a support ticket.

Here's the change list:

Features:
    Right click to add notes from item creation window (for materials needed)
    Remove joystick check code
    Add Item Filters to Inventory

Fixes / Dev:
    Code for tracking obscure crash
    Add new command PrintLocalObjects so that the coordinates / rotation of local objects are output to debug log. Will be used for future support to allow player world building, and then submit log of changes.
    Misc crash fixes / shutdown fixes

Thank you for your help in testing the latest client releases.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; September 8th, 2015 at 01:27 AM.

Default Re: Blight Client 388.50

I'm getting alot of crashes with that client. I port to Kion, move a bit, crash. I port to New Trismus, move a bit, crash.

It's very annoying...
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Default Re: Blight Client 388.50

Can you enable support logs, let it crash, then zip up everything in /logs folder and attach to support ticket?

https://support.istaria.com/index.ph...ode=view&id=28
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Blight Client 388.52

388.52 is now a release candidate. If there's any issues, please reply to this thread or send in a support ticket.

Right click to add notes from item creation window (for materials needed)

Nice concept, couple questions:

Is there a limit to how many notes you can add?

Also this is just a shortcut to your notepad correct? Not supposed to be individual notes for each component you add a note for. Could get very large and hard to find the particular note your looking for if you add lots of notes.

Common notes: is that just for toons on same account? Or does it cross over to other accounts?

!!Rwrr Smaug Rwrr!!

There's no limit on the notes, and notes are placed on the character's note pad. The notes are intended to tell you how much of "ingredients" you need. For something more like a lookup, it would probably be better to use the formula web page at http://istariareference.com/formula.asp or the Crafting Calculator.

Not a bug but a comment, can the Inventory filters be turned off and on? Perhaps for each individual window? Like for inventor, it might be handy on occasion. I know for my pet and cargo disk windows, its not only unnecessary, but makes those windows too big. Perhaps a checkbox on each window, to enable/disable the filter options? Even if it's an all or none type option, I would like a way to turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Not a bug but a comment, can the Inventory filters be turned off and on? Perhaps for each individual window? Like for inventor, it might be handy on occasion. I know for my pet and cargo disk windows, its not only unnecessary, but makes those windows too big. Perhaps a checkbox on each window, to enable/disable the filter options? Even if it's an all or none type option, I would like a way to turn it off.
    think this was added a client patch not too long after they added filters, but there should be a button with an 'F' right next to your filters to turn them off

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    There's no limit on the notes, and notes are placed on the character's note pad. The notes are intended to tell you how much of "ingredients" you need. For something more like a lookup, it would probably be better to use the formula web page at http://istariareference.com/formula.asp or the Crafting Calculator.
    Would it be possible to add a search feature to the note pad? like on the map.

!!Rwrr Smaug Rwrr!!

Could you talk a bit more about what you're doing with your notepad that makes it require a search? How come multiple tabs doesn't work (just like inventory and having multiple bags for different things)?

I guess easiest example i can give is making food. Theres many recipes with many ingredients needed. Some ingredients need preparing some don't, some you gather some you buy. I wanted to make a large list giving me a handy ingame listing of how many of what is needed and if needs preparing what that requires, and if ingredient is purchased not made.

Example I need to make Red Wine. you can't search for red wine under the formula window, you won't find it. You need to know Red Wine is in the "prepared liquids" formula and search for that. If could add a entry to notepad for "Wine is made from Prepared Liquids formula" then in the rare times i need to make a wine i could use the notepad to tell me where to find the recipe for it instead of scrolling thru and trying to remember/guess which formula its in.

Foods is just one example where having an ingame searchable listing would help. Would save me the trouble of having to open multiple formulas to see what all is needed to gather to make things and how many of each needed.

Just a thought, not wanting to make to much work for you if isn't an easy add.

Also don't understand the "multiple tabs" part. I have 2 tabs Character and Common Notes. Is there a way to add more tabs?

!!Rwrr Smaug Rwrr!!

I filed a support ticket with the log files in it (ID 21787). Istaria now acts like a stop-motion-video for me whenever I move. And while I was in Delgarath, the game just crashed.
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    .. Example I need to make Red Wine. you can't search for red wine under the formula window, you won't find it.
    Thats a good point, something that also bugged (yes, pun intended) me over time. I've forgotten about that until you mentioned it. Hopefully the devs can make products be searchable, in formula window. I'm not sure if I would ever acquire enough notes to need a search feature.

Just note (another pun, I'm on a roll!) that notes under the Common Notes tab can be seen by ALL your characters and is located at /prefs/UINotepad.def .

Notes under Character tab, can only be viewed by the character that saved them originally. Those are at /prefs/server_characterName/UINotepad.def .

For now, if you've got that many notes, you could open those with Windows notepad or another text viewer and search from there.

While we're on the subject of notepads, would it be possible to get a scroll bar to be able to scroll down to read a long list without using arrow keys to move the cursor down to the bottom?

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

...you can't search for red wine under the formula window
    This has been fixed and will be in the next client release.

...Also don't understand the "multiple tabs" part. I have 2 tabs Character and Common Notes. Is there a way to add more tabs?
    ah, no. My brain was thinking chat tabs for some reason. Ignore the crazy person...

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    While we're on the subject of notepads, would it be possible to get a scroll bar to be able to scroll down to read a long list without using arrow keys to move the cursor down to the bottom?
    I've made a ticket for the developers. They're trying to wrap up the client changes, but that (seems) like a small request.

Example I need to make Red Wine. you can't search for red wine under the formula window, you won't find it. You need to know Red Wine is in the "prepared liquids" formula and search for that. If could add a entry to notepad for "Wine is made from Prepared Liquids formula" then in the rare times i need to make a wine i could use the notepad to tell me where to find the recipe for it instead of scrolling thru and trying to remember/guess which formula its in.
    Can't you get around this by clicking "Show Products" in the formula list window? I know I have ran into the same annoying issue, since I have a full formula book, the listing on 750 things to scroll thru is bad enough, which you click Show Products, the list is thousands of items. But I think if you click Show Products, and then search, you should be able to find it.

On my draggy, I have 3 or 4 hotkey bars devoted to crafting, with say the smelting ability hotkeyed, next the master metal bar, next master maelstones (or whichever lair material is made using smelting), etc. So I can avoid the formula window

The fix Yfelvik mentioned, will allow you to search for "Wine" for example, when the Show Products box is checked. Currently, if you try to search a product, that list just turns blank (no results).

The notepad requests are in the next release. This will go to Blight today.

The requests related to search products and the UI improvements are all part of the live client now. Thank you to all for the great suggestions and your patience while the devs reviewed and implemented.

Thread Information