Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Free to Play style

Default New Free to Play style

with the addition of level caps the info on the Free to Play acces has changed to:

* 1 Character Slot *
    Bipeds Level 10 Cap per School
    Dragons Level 15 Cap per School
    No Plot or Lair
    10 Global Consignment Slots
    1 Concurrent Login
    Can Not Use Account Upgrades (see list below)

my main question here is: what about those that had free-to-play accounts with a human that's already way over those level caps? or is unlimited human access still a thing?

Default Re: New Free to Play style

Good question as I own a 278 234 human and already pay for 3 subs and have no room left on the paid account >.>

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Those changes only apply to new characters. Existing humans are not affected.

I remember the new/patch notes page last night reading that humans are exempt from the new rule ("Free accounts are limited to level 5 per school (for non-humans)"), but it seems to have been edited out since then.

Edit: Unfortunate that humans will no longer be exempt, but hey, the "trial" time is still really nice. Thanks for clarification, Yfelvik.

Wanted to say, since this thread is relevant, that I really like the new free plan! I think it would be nice if the overall cap for both free dragons and humans was level 20, so that free players can get a thorough taste with the entirety of Tier 1 and see some Lesser Aradoth/Aradoth, but level 10/15 is at least an improvement upon the previously-suggested level 5 cap, haha.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    Those changes only apply to new characters. Existing humans are not affected.
    *Lets out a really big sigh* Thank you!!!

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    I remember the new/patch notes page last night reading that humans are exempt from the new rule ("Free accounts are limited to level 5 per school (for non-humans)"), but it seems to have been edited out since then.

Edit: Unfortunate that humans will no longer be exempt, but hey, the "trial" time is still really nice. Thanks for clarification, Yfelvik.

Wanted to say, since this thread is relevant, that I really like the new free plan! I think it would be nice if the overall cap for both free dragons and humans was level 20, so that free players can get a thorough taste with the entirety of Tier 1 and see some Lesser Aradoth/Aradoth, but level 10/15 is at least an improvement upon the previously-suggested level 5 cap, haha.
    With lv 20 cap peds could get taste of all schools. with lv 10 cap they get taste of basic schools and druid and spiritist.

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    With lv 20 cap peds could get taste of all schools. with lv 10 cap they get taste of basic schools and druid and spiritist.
    Exactly! (: Maybe seeing the first tier of the advanced schools would be enticing enough to continue playing a biped with a basic sub~ But that's just my take on it. I'm sure level caps can be adjusted in the future after they test it out at first, since this is totally new territory.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    with the addition of level caps the info on the Free to Play acces has changed to:

* 1 Character Slot *
    Bipeds Level 10 Cap per School
    Dragons Level 15 Cap per School
    No Plot or Lair
    10 Global Consignment Slots
    1 Concurrent Login
    Can Not Use Account Upgrades (see list below)

my main question here is: what about those that had free-to-play accounts with a human that's already way over those level caps? or is unlimited human access still a thing?
    i say extend it to level 30 for each school because level 20 is just too darn fast lol Honestly i like this idea but you should just leave forever free humans alone. since we dont want istaria to bece the corrupted game that is wow and there sub limits. we all know how that works

Alright i say leave forever free alone with humans and any other should let the level cap to level 30 each class. This way they get there fill and at the climax point they feel the game should be supported and please devs dont change the payment plans i cant afford anything more then 9$ a month xD

conclusion. Humans should remain forever free

The 14 day free trial should be replaced with the free to play level limit lock to 30. hows that sound? other wize wow players will start bashing on istaria and they will say oh we copied

Set the forever free dragons to a flag so that when they unlock requirements to become adults they cant acess the quest until payed.
    Last edited by ArchDemon; September 11th, 2015 at 08:35 PM.
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    i say extend it to level 30 for each school because level 20 is just too darn fast lol Honestly i like this idea but you should just leave forever free humans alone. since we dont want istaria to bece the corrupted game that is wow and there sub limits. we all know how that works

Alright i say leave forever free alone with humans and any other should let the level cap to level 30 each class. This way they get there fill and at the climax point they feel the game should be supported and please devs dont change the payment plans i cant afford anything more then 9$ a month xD

conclusion. Humans should remain forever free

The 14 day free trial should be replaced with the free to play level limit lock to 30. hows that sound? other wize wow players will start bashing on istaria and they will say oh we copied
    I think human bipeds should stay free with no level cap cause that's what there were before, I agree there should be raise to at least 30 for other biped races and dragon race. We need to make the game unique different than other games, like some kind of catch.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    I think human bipeds should stay free with no level cap cause that's what there were before, I agree there should be raise to at least 30 for other biped races and dragon race. We need to make the game unique different than other games, like some kind of catch.
    People having trouble with free to play hatchies to join the ranks of adulthood theres an easy fix for that just have a trigger once the player pays for a sub the questline pops up for the right of passage this way it tempts dragon lovers alot knowing they got all the requirements needed and now they will ask there parents and with great reason.

Example. dragon gets to 30 craft and 30 adventure and has all hored and quests needed for rop. notices its not there then asks. you gotta buy a sub to assend past level 30 and unlock rop free to play dragons. tgis tempts them to ask there parents and check there bank because they wanna fly and they wont delete the character cause all that hard work they did. so win win right there.
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...

Having bi-peds for free would be best and the 14 day trial with the level lock to 30 or 20 days free to play would be better. Of course "30 will tempt players to pay and hold onto there character."
    Those who hate, are filled with dishonor.
    But those who have peace in their heart will find a heavenly future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn_Skypool View Post
    Having bi-peds for free would be best and the 14 day trial with the level lock to 30 or 20 days free to play would be better.
    Timed trials are a thing of the past and don't have any purpose now that level limitations are available. Level limits are the way to go to compete with MMOs that are swapping to the same system (WoW).

I still think level 20 is a decent cap for free to play, 30 is stretching it a little. If you wanted to keep free hatchlings from ascending in a level 30 capped environment, easier thing to do would be to have the lore quests preceding the RoP have a minimum level requirement of 30 while the actual RoP requires level 31 or something.

Timed trials are a thing of the past and don't have any purpose now that level limitations are available. Level limits are the way to go to compete with MMOs that are swapping to the same system (WoW).

I still think level 20 is a decent cap for free to play, 30 is stretching it a little. If you wanted to keep free hatchlings from ascending in a level 30 capped environment, easier thing to do would be to have the lore quests preceding the RoP have a minimum level requirement of 30
    while the actual RoP requires level 31 or something.
    If they do level 20 its easy very easy to reach level 20 in a matter of an hour. Level 25 would be best then but again a level 30 character is more likely to be held onto also were trying to advoid copying wow and other mmos and creating a free to play that everyone can agree on. remember its about the comunity not the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn_Skypool View Post
    Having bi-peds for free would be best and the 14 day trial with the level lock to 30 or 20 days free to play would be better. Of course "30 will tempt players to pay and hold onto there character."
    Replacing the 14 day trial as a whole would be better. while also keeping humans forever free.
    Last edited by ArchDemon; September 11th, 2015 at 10:49 PM.

also were trying to advoid copying wow and other mmos and creating a free to play that everyone can agree on.
    It's not copying, it's taking a similar and proven-successful method and adapting it to the game to bring in more of a playerbase. You don't look at a huge, profitable company's methods and say "we're NOT doing what they're doing".

remember its about the comunity not the money.
    lol.

It's not copying, it's taking a similar and proven-successful method and adapting it to the game to bring in more of a playerbase. You don't look at a huge, profitable company's methods and say "we're NOT doing what they're doing".

lol.
    your laughing your seriously laughing that im being serious qbout it matters about the community? thats what i was told on support. "Money dosent mean greatness in a mmorpg or in a game but in its community" Which is honest to god true. Why was tooth and claw color changed? everyone spoke up about it and wanted it in they gave everyone every naysayer a change to say no but they seen no one saying no and they did it and to make others happy they made a mod for people who dont want the change to happen. tell me who anyone in your right mind makes an option for everyone? not many. and i certianly doupt they will say we dont matter since they watch what we say and take in concerderation what we say and try to make everyone happy. If they give no shots about us they wouldent be giving us a choice on the matter to put in another option to make all races to be accessible at all.

Devs if your listioning please make the level 30 level limit work. attract new players the way you wanna attract them NOT by another mmo and get negitive rep about it. Wow is a horrible community game and i do not wanna play wow ever again because how bad there devs are to there community and how rude there community is to there new and current players. Make it level 30 so they hold onto tjere characters we all know from level 20-30 is difficult to grind and i know you can make the dragon rop lock work. Please dont make us players feel you only care about money. Your my favroite devs to an mmo rpg please dont let greed corrupt you like warcraft has corrupted there community

Thank you for your time. im open to anyone elses thoughts.

we all know from level 20-30 is difficult to grind
    I'm with Kida here actually, lvl 30 is too high.
    First of all, you're giving the players basicly 1/3 of the game, if not more because there is practicly no end-game content compared to how many content there is in T1 and the beginning of T2.
    Secondly, yes, tier 20-30 is the start of the grindfest, do you really wanna pull in new players and then, near the end-point of their "trial" basicly go "welp, the last bit was a taste of what's to come, so, wanna join?"
    And lastly, yes RoP might be close, but it's too close we'll get the whole "trial ascensions" drama again even though the age limit is there now. Letting people get too close to RoP will just bum them out when they figure out "oh...I can't do it after all". Even if you put it in big bold letters that you can't do RoP with a F2P account, people still won't read it and go "ermugurd playable durgenz that can fly at lvl 30"

Now I won't just bash the level 30 idea, I'm also going to defend the level 20:
    1. people will be able to join the prestige schools, but they won't be able to do much with them, this is not a bad thing, it leaves them curious as to what the class could potentially be when it's higher level without letting them see too much.
    2. some might say level 20 is reached too quickly, I'm going to say no to this as I think most people are forgetting that these are new people, people that don't know how to uber-level, people that want to see the game, not rush through it like us vets when we make a new character. 20 is enough.

I can agree that level 20 sounds like the best option to me, it lets players experience the whole of t1 content and perhaps even get a wee little taste of t2 if they're brave or adventurous enough. I honestly don't think level 30 is needed to enjoy a trial experience and as Meepsa said, that is roughly 1/3 of the game right there.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    I'm with Kida here actually, lvl 30 is too high.
    First of all, you're giving the players basicly 1/3 of the game, if not more because there is practicly no end-game content compared to how many content there is in T1 and the beginning of T2.
    Secondly, yes, tier 20-30 is the start of the grindfest, do you really wanna pull in new players and then, near the end-point of their "trial" basicly go "welp, the last bit was a taste of what's to come, so, wanna join?"
    And lastly, yes RoP might be close, but it's too close we'll get the whole "trial ascensions" drama again even though the age limit is there now. Letting people get too close to RoP will just bum them out when they figure out "oh...I can't do it after all". Even if you put it in big bold letters that you can't do RoP with a F2P account, people still won't read it and go "ermugurd playable durgenz that can fly at lvl 30"

Now I won't just bash the level 30 idea, I'm also going to defend the level 20:
    1. people will be able to join the prestige schools, but they won't be able to do much with them, this is not a bad thing, it leaves them curious as to what the class could potentially be when it's higher level without letting them see too much.
    2. some might say level 20 is reached too quickly, I'm going to say no to this as I think most people are forgetting that these are new people, people that don't know how to uber-level, people that want to see the game, not rush through it like us vets when we make a new character. 20 is enough.
    Keep the forever free option with humans because i dont want to make them feel that they cant play the game and cant raid with me because moneys involved. As long as the 14 day free trial is replaced by the level limit it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    I can agree that level 20 sounds like the best option to me, it lets players experience the whole of t1 content and perhaps even get a wee little taste of t2 if they're brave or adventurous enough. I honestly don't think level 30 is needed to enjoy a trial experience and as Meepsa said, that is roughly 1/3 of the game right there.
    No its about level 20 is wow trial play >> if we going to get tecnical lets make it level 25 the level limit. I just want them to hold onto there character as 20-30 is the part when they keep there character.

No its about level 20 is wow trial play >>
    Which is not a bad thing. in fact, level 20 limits are in a lot of games.
    Ista gets "wow copy" comments all the time because it's a fantasy MMORPG that is subscription based, giving it a level lock that just so happens to be locked at 20 won't make them any less or worse. And to begin with, comments like that are only made by people that have no plan to join anyway.

Also, like Kida said, if you want a business to fail you should do as you say and go "oh well this business model works, let's NOT use it at all!"

heck, we don't even want this model because "ermugurd it's like WoW", we want it because it makes sense in comparison to istaria's content

I do say 30 is too high, but yes 20 is more decent than 30. I do say that forever free humans is also decant so players can see more to the game and such.
    Those who hate, are filled with dishonor.
    But those who have peace in their heart will find a heavenly future.

Thread Information