Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumb Stuff You've Done in Ista

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Dumb Stuff You've Done in Ista

We've all done some really dumb stuff in Ista, let's face it.

I think the dumbest thing I probably did was how I leveled Racky's craft to 100. I went from 60 to 98 or so on Cobalt back when there was still alloys, stubbornly refusing to do any sort of stone for the sake of doing metal from 0 to 100. Or at least I think that was my reason...

Either way.. not the smartest thing. It took ages, especially since I had to gather both nickel and cobalt. Also since there was the alloy, I couldn't make as many bars in one trip. So.. it took aaggesss. I should've just used Obsidian.

Oh, my reason may have been that I thought metal gave more exp. Even if it did, the time saved using obsidian probably would have made up for that gap... (plus, the machines were even closer! What was I thinking?!)

Can't think of anything else that really sticks out to me, at the moment. Anything you remember that was super silly?

Default Re: Dumb Stuff You've Done in Ista

hmmm, can't exactly remember any dumb stuff recently, but an overall dumby dumb I always do is grabbing only 1 or 2 biped adventure schools when I try a ped....then I dislike biped adventuring altogether and just craft 24/7, not even looking back at adv.

Also yeah, Alloys did give more overall xp back when they were a thing, but I don't think it was that much.

I think the dumbest thing I did is a trap alot of biped players fall into leveling too may classes at once.. I tried to level Warrior, Mage, Cleric, Wizard, Sorc, and Battlemage all at the same time. getting to level 30 was difficult enough. level 40 was grueling and by the time I got to 50 i was down right stuck.. only got myself out of the trap through help of a friendly gold dragon *waves at miira* and extensively leveling crafting so i could wear superior armour.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Oh boy... I think the dumbest thing I've ever done (and still do) is fly with a full inventory and cargo disk of material on auto-forward, tab out, and forget entirely that I was supposed to be doing something. I'll come back to find that I've either flown entirely to the edge of the map and returned to my bind point, drowned and/or lost my disk in the middle of an ocean, ended up flying halfway across the map before I found something to smack into, or have probably been stuck flying into something less than 50m from where I started for the past hour.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I found out the hard way that 1000 death points gives a penalty of 83 hours and 15 minutes.
    I just lost the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    Oh boy... I think the dumbest thing I've ever done (and still do) is fly with a full inventory and cargo disk of material on auto-forward, tab out, and forget entirely that I was supposed to be doing something. I'll come back to find that I've either flown entirely to the edge of the map and returned to my bind point, drowned and/or lost my disk in the middle of an ocean, ended up flying halfway across the map before I found something to smack into, or have probably been stuck flying into something less than 50m from where I started for the past hour.
    I do this all the time! Alt-tab or walk away to get a snack, and end up finding myself out in the middle of the ocean or over some event island way out there. At least when I come across the islands, I can recall, haha.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Quebec (Canada) // Ota'fakag, Trandalar (Order)

Forgetting how to basic mod after a break

horizons_1434592113.jpg

Kill meeee
    Order shard
    Levanan: Ancient Helian drake - 100/100/28 ~ Navkiren: Ancient Lunus drake ~ Nordis: Adult Helian dragoness ~ Sarwulf: Hatchling ~ Aithne: Hatchling
    DeviantArt: Iceveyns

going to the isle of ice when i was level 3 back when golems were there
    squash
    also the autofly craft thing
    grinding things for level instead of doing quests on my first level 100(and getting 30 deathpoints in one day for it)
    getting 30 deathpoins in one day and not eating anything and letting them fade over time
    not deconstructing like 50 scales
    Xeneth -32/60 (Order) | Soenith -1/1 (Chaos) | Straxxen - 23/24 (Order) | Lyssieth - 1/1 (Order)

Making a dragon and making is a main, giving it almost all of the coins I had, started to lvl up, about lvl 40 I dislike the adult head, remake the character, completly forgeting the coins inside, to end up making the same dragon with the same head as before because I got used to it, over 6 golds lost. (The day I discovered the hatchling to adult-ancient mod I almost threw my table upside down like the known meme)

Grinding crafting to like 80 absolutely forgeting I could make myself a better cargo/scalepack and stucking with the lvl 20 ones.

Going on a rampage thinking I can kill like 7 undead mobs from same lvl with only tail whip thinking that the stun will be enough to keep them ocupied till I kill them all one by one, wrong.

Running like 25 mins to get to one spot I totaly forgot I already did the attunement, then recall from rage to use that d*mn portal and discovering that the place I needed to go was a bit more away from there, and had no attunement to there. Well sh*t.

Left dragon gathering a motherlode at golem fields, but was kinda away of the mobs (thus I tought), I went to the toilet, came back and dead. I revived, got back, left it with the same motherlode and went to do breakfast. Died again while came back, left it there once more and just went to open the door, died again. I felt like a complete idiot.

Trying to do some cool picks with Reklar, getting stuck and killed by him.

Way back then there used to be a bug to make wolves follow you without attacking like a pet, I got on a lower lvl like 4 wolves, then went afk, and they killed me dead while I came back. Never did that again.

Tought The Historian was controled by a staff member since he talked in chat, had no idea certain npcs talked (Like Pratt.. of Pratt.. the days we used to curse you to death while you interupted our RP with your repeated nonsense). Began to talk about how awesome this game was to the npc till a hatchling came in the right time and asked, are you talking to someone invisible? I felt so ashamed.

The day I got scared for life with the mage Ulaven at NT moving from place to place the first time ever.

Making spells with techs for bipeds, thinking those would be usefull.. like.. +10 crossbow.

(Cant think of anything else for now

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Levana View Post
    Forgetting how to basic mod after a break

horizons_1434592113.jpg

Kill meeee
    I have to interject just to ask
    how
    how did you mess up that bad
    XD

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    how
    XD
    Kill it with fire!!!

Sorry, I had to XD

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    how
    XD
    Oh Drulkar if I knew. I was too confident I did remember how and it hit me back on the muzzle. xD
    I gave up and redid the edit (got it right this time phew) and deleted that atrocity hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Shazo View Post
    Kill it with fire!!!

Sorry, I had to XD
    Heck we would need even more to be sure nothing remains. D:

Also I did the same mistake of making a main and not transferring everything before deleting it. ;-; Uuhhuhuh
    Order shard
    Levanan: Ancient Helian drake - 100/100/28 ~ Navkiren: Ancient Lunus drake ~ Nordis: Adult Helian dragoness ~ Sarwulf: Hatchling ~ Aithne: Hatchling

The dumbest thing I have done in Istaria involved RoP. When I first did RoP, I didn't know that there was a bridge between Lerena and Draak so I took the long way there. I didn't find out about the bridge for a long time so I told a bunch of hatchlings that they had to go through the Eastern Deadlands to get to Draak. Eventually someone told me about the bridge and I was so embarrassed. I thought that I was helping the hatchlings but instead I just made their RoP harder.

Its not a dumb thing, many people did that way back then, you had to gather a few higher friends to escord you through the swamps to Draak I did that too myself, oh.. old good days

The dumb part is that I made those hatchlings go the long way when they didn't have to.

not sure if the bridge has always been there.

I remember we all had to do it the hard way^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post

I wonder too. But I did not know about it either on my first RoP so I took the long way around. More fright than pain hahaha
    Order shard

No, the bridge was not always there.

Veruliyam had to run the long way.

My other Dragons have not.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

I'm pretty sure it was added a week after I did my first RoP, which was in....2010/2011? it could be that it was already in then and that people just suggested I'd do the hard way (which I really appreciate to this day)

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post

Right? I'm not sure about the bridge either

Thread Information