Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War Paint (Stances Modification)

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default War Paint (Stances Modification)

Hey everyone!

Something that always annoyed me about the stances was the little marker they put under you. It's useful, of course, but not very.. pretty, I suppose? Either way, it looked a bit strange compared to other spells and animations. My mod probably looks even more different, but it was just an idea that came to me out of the blue that I decided to try to throw together!

Without further adieu, introducing... war paint!
    Fire Stance

Acid Stance

Arcane Stance

These replace the stances as an effect, allowing you to look like a more terrifying and decorated warrior as you fight back the aegis!
    I'm terrible with advertising, haha

Basically, these files replace the little marker underneath you for your stance animations. They are each hooked up to their respective colors - fire to red, acid to green, and arcane to blue. (They're just called Red Paint, Green Paint, and Blue Paint in the files though.)
    I've included a version that is compatible with my mod for wing membrane color. However, make sure you do not use this unless you are using the underwing mod, too! There's a weird glitch that makes it so that you cannot see the wing/head markings if you don't have the underwing mod active at the same time.
    The paint will go over the wing membrane color. Also note that if you download every stance's compatibility version, every single stance will also activate your membrane color of choice. If you download only the corresponding color in compatibility, using other stances will remove your membrane color.

Look for my posts in this thread for future updates!
    The drive also has top-down screenshots. The screenshots above may not accurately represent how the colors look on your character considering my character looks.. well.. different. Your eyes read colors based off of colors next to them, so the blue might look super harsh here due to Racktor's clashing yellow, but might look nice on a darker or bluer character.

Download Here: http://tinyurl.com/o68cszh

How to Download:
    1. Follow the link to the Google Drive folder.
    2. Double-click on the .zip version of the stance(s) you want.
    3. Click the little down arrow pointing at a line on the top black bar to download. (If you can't see this, move your cursor to the top of the webpage.)

How to Install (Normal Version):
    1. Move the .zip folder into Resources_Override
    2. Right-click and choose "Extract here"
    3. (Optional) Delete the .zip folder

How to Install (Underwing Compatibility Version):
    1. Download the underwing mod and install it as per usual.
    2. Delete the "aug_stance_COLOR.def" from the underwing mod's folder.
    3. Move the war paint .zip file into the resources_override folder.
    4. Right-click and choose "Extract Here"
    5. (Optional) Delete the .zip(s)

NOTE: For now, this is for only dragons and khutit. I cannot figure out how to get it to work on bipeds, unfortunately, since they have a lot of layers and layer groups. Dragons are easy - they only have one group. Bipeds...? Unfortunately it may not be possible, unless I only do a face paint version. If you know how to get it to work, though, please do tell me!

Feel free to post screenshots of your dragons with this mod! I love to see how it looks on others!
    Last edited by Racktor; September 17th, 2015 at 12:46 AM.

Default Re: War Paint (Stances Modification)

Wow. Now I'm seriously impressed. *hugs the blue-golden hindleg*

Ummm.. did I say 'you're doing an insane work' already?

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Holy wow, those look incredible! I can't even decide which I like best out of those three!

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Thanks you two! <3 I'm glad you like them! I was worried that they were too... oh, I don't know, uhh.. vibrant, I guess? Saturated, out-of-place? I'm glad you think they're cool

Btw, I've updated the pictures in drive to be of a white/silvery dragon with no markings to show off the mod better. Here's the side views:

SmartScreen Filter prevents me from downloading red compatible zip. I turned it off but still couldn't download

Huh nvm,just tried again and it worked. They are neat and I really want to try the red one.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Hey Rack quick question; where can i get the fire marking?
    *scrolls down* oh lol XD
    i cant see my profile pic i uploaded or my signature pic btw ;o

Wait is this a stance or a marking mod? If it's just a stance aww
    Last edited by Oceanspray; September 17th, 2015 at 08:42 PM.
    TOO CUTE 4 U

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanspray View Post
    *scrolls down* oh lol XD

It's a stance mod that creates war paint markings...it clearly says so in the title of the thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    SmartScreen Filter prevents me from downloading red compatible zip. I turned it off but still couldn't download

Huh nvm,just tried again and it worked. They are neat and I really want to try the red one.
    Strange that SmartScreen would screen it out like that. There's nothing that could harm your computer in there, I promise! A friend of mine downloaded it fine yesterday, too.

*scrolls down* oh lol XD

As Meepsa said, it's a stance mod.. as I wrote in the title. :P

You can make it into markings, if you want, but it will not color to your markings' specific coloration. To make it color I would have to make the image itself grayscale and then re-convert it to agh.

To make it into markings, you have to find your specific marking filename and rename the files in "...\War Paint\<COLOR> Paint\textures_agh\characters\characters\dragon_u\ clothing" to the corresponding names. Knowing your character, it'd either be "dragon_u_so_body00_det_stripes07.agh" and "dragon_u_so_head00_wings00_det_stripes07.agh" or "dragon_u_so_body00_det_stripes03.agh" and "dragon_u_so_head00_wings00_det_stripes03.agh" . (The former is the body, the latter is the head). To be honest, I'm not 100% sure this would work, but it's worth a shot. (And no, you cannot activate/deactivate it with stances anymore if you change it like that :P )

Edit: Also note that everyone with your marking style would now have the mod as their marking, not just you. That's the great thing about stances - you can activate/deactivate it at will just for yourself.

Edit 2: What I described does work, but the game tries to color the file anyway, leading to this on Racktor (with his yellow swirls):

He actually looks kinda neat.
    Last edited by Racktor; September 17th, 2015 at 09:12 PM.

oh ._. wait, meepsa? I know that name... Shadow's curse right?
    TOO CUTE 4 U

oh ._. wait, meepsa? I know that name... Shadow's curse right?
    you also know me as Clusterflap and Ssilky *points at sig* but that's not relevant to this thread so let's keep that out of here.

ok sorry i just realized XD i am a big fan ;P shadows curse is one of my fav istaria movies .w.
    TOO CUTE 4 U

Very nicely done!

Bipeds may be difficult to do though it should be possible. You would probably have to make up several images to match up with the different sections of the biped body and use something like the "Armor Details" layers to apply them to the armor. I don't think those layers are used for anything.

Solitaire too! Omg my youtube browsers have come to life! Solitaire! I saw you're ascension video and it was awesome! have you become ancient yet?
    TOO CUTE 4 U

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Very nicely done!

Bipeds may be difficult to do though it should be possible. You would probably have to make up several images to match up with the different sections of the biped body and use something like the "Armor Details" layers to apply them to the armor. I don't think those layers are used for anything.
    Thanks Soli! ^^

Hmm, alright. I tried just pasting it on the body flat-out to see if anything would show up, which nothing did. Of course that's not much of an attempt, but I suppose it was an attempt at understanding, lol.

It's weird that the peds have so many parts, though, yet just one base texture file for the body. I was hoping I could utilize that.

Solitaire too! Omg my youtube browsers have come to life! Solitaire! I saw you're ascension video and it was awesome! have you become ancient yet?
    Ocenspray, I was ancient when I filmed that video. Just a trick of substituting files to bring out the hatchling in me.

and Red!
    didn`t try the underwing compatibilty mod yet.

horizons_1442601497.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Ocenspray, I was ancient when I filmed that video. Just a trick of substituting files to bring out the hatchling in me.
    Aah clever girl XD

JURRASIC ISTARIA CONFIRMED
    TOO CUTE 4 U

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    and Red!
    didn`t try the underwing compatibilty mod yet.

horizons_1442601497.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    Cute! I'm surprised how well the red looks considering that they're a blue-tinted character. Glad it's working, though.

Aah clever girl XD
    Well... Clever boy would be more accurate. But thanks.

Racktor,
    Did you pattern the def files off the ones used for stripes? You might be able to take some of the functions in the def file for the stripes and apply them to the def you are using for the war paint. Putting in the following might blend the war paint into the texture from underneath so that you can see the shape of the dragon and scales underneath.
    string srcTransferMode = "DESTINATION_COLOR"
    string destTransferMode = "SOURCE_COLOR"

There might be some unexpected side effects to doing that, though. If I recall correctly, the stripes do some strange color changes when they get applied. I wish I still had the manual that described some of the functions so I could give you some of the commands to try out. But you might have to mine the def files. And possibly the .sha files.

BTW, there is a chance you could get your war paint to pulse or have movement effects. Pulsing like the dragon runes on the Dralk/Chiconis dragon store entrances. Or have lava effects. Most of that is done using the .sha files. Open with Notepad. Copy the stuff out of the shader file. Create a new one named exactly the same as your war paint files with .sha as the extension.

Thread Information