Thread: Hi! Also questions!

Smile Hi! Also questions!

I've been considering giving Istaria a try. I did try it, yeeaars ago when it was ~Horizons~ but never got very far. All this time later and, like many gamers, I've stopped being impressed with shiny graphics and big population numbers. I crave something else! I do recall Horizons as a rather fond memory, so.

As my trial is being set up, I thought I'd ask some questions.

I was going to roll a human to try everything out. If I like it, then I would subscribe. I wonder, though - if I then made a second or third character, what happens to those when your subscription lapses? You simply lose access to all but the human?

Also, I believe I'll be rolling on Order as I enjoy some roleplay, but how does the european population there hold up? Am I going to be lonely? I am Belgian, so that is CET.

Is there much to do - frequent events, a vibrant roleplay community?

See you ingame!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hi! Also questions!

hi sorry im mainly on chaos so i cant be of much help with order try asking racktor i know hes mainly on order
    I am very lucky to know my bonded mate and even luckier still to know i am always on his mind and he on mine for that i am very happy.

There are alot of europeans on Order, myself included. I'd guess it's about half of the population.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Oh aaaand welcome back

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstryke View Post
    hi sorry im mainly on chaos so i cant be of much help with order try asking racktor i know hes mainly on order
    I'm American though, not European, so I can't really see in most of that timezone.

Either way, I'm pretty sure a group of Europeans plays during the weekends, primarily to do weekend epic runs. A good lot of my greatest friends on Istaria are Europeans, actually. Order tends to hover around 15-20 people in general, but during the weekdays at around 3pm EST it can dwindle to 10 or less.

Welcome back to Istaria though, and I hope you enjoy your stay

I was going to roll a human to try everything out. If I like it, then I would subscribe. I wonder, though - if I then made a second or third character, what happens to those when your subscription lapses? You simply lose access to all but the human?
    If you have more than what a free account offers (currently 1 dragon up to lvl 15, or any biped with classes up to lvl 10), when your sub runs out you will lose access to them until you resubscribe. They will not be deleted, however. I don't think the devs delete characters over time at all.

Is there much to do - frequent events, a vibrant roleplay community?
    You will have to search for RP, but there are some people who will gladly - just they don't really sit around in NT. (Pearion, Alisto, and Silverth come to mind, but the latter two might not be available a lot and they're all American.) Events aren't really around anymore and haven't been for many years, but there are still epic bosses to hunt. Until the end of the year, the devs are focused on technical stuff and bugfixes, so don't expect much in means of content, but next year I imagine we're going to get more.

For what to do, there is a lot to do, especially in T1, T2, and T6. T2 especially has two big dungeons with long quest lines leading up to them (though think only one is available to peds?). There are a lot of fun little quests and longer story quests, too, just look for the exclamation points above peoples' heads!

Thread Information