Thread: Blight Delta 279 + Discussion thread

Default Blight Delta 279 + Discussion thread

Delta 279 has been applied to the Blight Server earlier today.
    Please remember to test and report any bugs you might find!
    ___
    • Distillery added in New Trismus town 45985 14678, needed by Outfitter quests.
    • Master Fabric Backpack Pouch formula has been created. This will allow you to create Steelsilk Backpack Pouch (uncolored). The formula can be purchased from Bragha, the Outfitter trainer in Aughundell.
    • Techniques Craft: Scalecraft and Craft: Dragon Crafter’s boons are no longer stackable (will not allow a dragon scale to be created with both techs any more).
    • Crystallized Golem now respawns every 10-20 minutes instead of every 2-3 minutes.
    • Ish’kuk Warrior Club Splinter renamed to Ish’kuk Warrior’s Club Splinter. Ish’kuk Warrior Jawbone renamed to Ish’kuk Warrior’s Jawbone.
    • Quest: Earn Title: Antidote Expert - typo in quest log “Antidote Maker” to “Antidote Expert”.
    • Fangs of Fury crystal will now correctly affect recycle delay on attack abilities.
    • Primal Rage crystal now correctly shows 5% chance in tooltip (the crystal wasn’t broke, just didn’t display the tooltip correctly).
    • Small patch of Blighted Cedar trees added in Sslanis Basin, 203/221 area.
    • Fixed typos in quest Rare Foods: Snap Dragon.
    • Jirakis Community Stoneworking Shelter added 226/283, near Obsidian outside of Dralk.
    • Silver Whistle and Elm Reed formula price changed from 300c to 250c at Chiconis/Dalimond Town Marshalls.
    • Blighted Ironsilk now spawns near Dwarven Barrows Clothworking Center..
    • Typos fixed in quest Spring Festival Riddle: The Blacksmith and the Emperor.
    • Scorpions and Spiders can now use Ingenuity to harvest venom in addition to Intuition skill.
    • Vargas the Bold now sells (3) Epic Travel Scroll boxes. Each box contains multiple scrolls (one of each) to various locations and costs 1 Epic token per box.
      • Box 1:
        • Tower of Sorcery
        • Tower of Healing
        • Tower of Clerics
        • Tower of Mages
        • Tower of Wizard
        • Tower of Spirits
      • Box 2:
        • Draak
        • Myloc Colony (Dralknok’s Doom)
        • Council Chamber
        • Dusk Tower (Eastern Deadlands/Barrier Vale)
      • Box 3:
        • Satyr Islands: Alged
        • Satyr Islands: Corvus
        • Satyr Islands: Dahibi
        • Satyr Islands: Elnath
    • Quest: Go Bag Giant Loricatus Beetles are now turned in to the same NPC’s that give quest (Dalimond/Chiconis) trophy hunter, instead of Kion/Sslanis trophy hunter.
    • Lessen Focus and Lessen Power spells require Blight skill to scribe, instead of Mind skill.
    • Maple trees and Bright residue now spawns near the Falathien Logging Camp / Essence Circle.
    • Quest: ARoP03 - Scale of Ancients - Speak to Vladtmordt: Should you accidentally delete this quest, you will now be able to speak to Vladtmordt and re-aquire the quest (instead of contacting support). Quest is automatically given towards end of ARoP02, the previous quest.
    • Yew Construction Braces, when applied to a community building (Ore Refinery (Tier 5)) now correctly shows appropriate values, instead of zeros. You’ll also gain crafting experience when applying this material (if you meet requirements).
    • Defiled Primalist (Blight Anchor’s Ghost Dragons) has missing head and wings re-applied to the mob, they will now appear correctly.
    • Christmas presents from Cashiers on New Koraelia Isle now has a chance to create new items - Red and White Wine bottles (Consuming produces red or green glowing effects). You can drink both red and white wine to “mix” the effects. Also has a chance to drop a ‘collectible’ bottle called “A bottle of Dwarven Brandy”.
    • Chompa, the named Greater Ulmus beetle now only spawns in one location, instead of three possible locations.
    • Very small amounts of Radiant essence residue now can spawn with the wisps, near the T6 Eastern Deadlands Essence Circle.
    • The Wolf’s Bane crystal has been adjusted from 5% chance to 25% chance to proc, when using Special Attacks (ability attacks). Description updated to make it more clear that this only activates while using special attacks, not normal melee attacks.
    • Constraint keywords fixed on Calimir’s Hide Grip. Completed quests, required for you to use the tech kit, were backwards (Rangers and Non-Ranger version). You will now be able to apply the tech kit to a weapon when you have the appropriate quest completed.
    • Crippled effects (I-VII) for Gold Rage (I-VII) has the min and max Primal Resistance values corrected and no longer reversed.
    • Primal Mastery IX: Trophies of the Isles - Text updated to no longer refer to Gnawer being on Island of Ice.
    • Epic Spell Technique: Mental Bane now requires Spellcraft skill instead of Alchemy. However, some of the required components will still require Alchemy to craft.
    • Lesser and Greater (not Delgarath) Anchors: Corrupted Voidsinger/Voidcaster will no longer spawn Void Horrors nor incorrectly spawn additional spawns on their own. This should eliminate the possibility of more than 15 mobs at any given time.

Default Re: Blight Delta 279 + Discussion thread

lots of nice fixes here! (Fangs of Fury, Lessen spells being changed to blight instead of mind, Wolf's Bane (<3))

must say I'm kinda dissapointed with the results of the gnomekindle present thread, any reason why we're getting another consumeable that's not beneficial to us in any way? the thread was created in order to ask the community whether they liked the idea of the gnomekindle presents (and essentially the ornament sidequests) actually becoming useful (potions), or atleast, a purposefull grind (shoulder pets, snowball formula, etc.)

I'm not saying I don't like the new addition, the idea of "mixing" effects to achieve different colours is fun and all that, but it loses it's novelty value pretty quickly. where-as re-adding the old shoulder pets could give people a sense of accomplishment from grinding the presents. (as mentioned in the thread, these should be around a 1-2% drop rate, if not lower)

It also isn't that I/we are asking for overpowered stuff like the DCoM or something like that to be added again, for all intents and purposes I think most of us can understand why that would be a no-go in the first place, but novelty stuff like the Snowball formula, shoulder pets, etc. would be a nice addition. (thank you for the Dwarven Brandy though!)

What I'm trying to get at, is there any reason/explenation why we haven't seen a return of these? even after the thread did get the attention it deserved, it seems none of the ideas discussed in there have actually caught on.

Ofcourse if this is all still being discussed behind the scenes, then excuse my rambling. ;P
    Last edited by meepsa; October 5th, 2015 at 11:51 PM. Reason: typos

The shoulder pets never went away. They are sold by the npc beside the cashiers Dolly Day. Or is there other pets that I'm unaware of? There might be useful stuff added when it gets nearer to Winter time. I seem to think the snowball formula was taken out because it was being used as a "griefing tool". Snowballs are funny, but when people you know who don't like you throw them, it has a different meaning.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Epic Spell Technique: Mental Bane now requires Spellcraft skill instead of Alchemy. However, some of the required components will still require Alchemy to craft.
    I like the fixes, and am excited about the changes. But there is one question on this particular part of the delta.

Although quite happy to see it among the delta notes, it says that some of the required components will still require Alchemy to craft, and that would be the Taravist powder? There are two other items in crafting a Mental Bane replacement that are not mentioned in the notes. Looking here, there is also the Metal Clasp which requires Metalworking, and the Fine Thread which requires Leatherworking.

What I am wondering is if the other two components needed which require biped crafting schools to acquire have been changed or are dragons still going to need to be dependent on the crafting schools of Metalworking and Leatherworking to get all the items needed in addition to the Taravist powder.

I won't be able to see for sure until the blight delta, but if all three are still required it would mean that even with making Mental Bane require spellcrafting and possible for a dragon to craft, the issue would still exist. Mental bane being a hard won quest reward and no reliable way for a dragon to replace it through their own hard work unlike the similar quest rewards of the Blackhammer Crest, Bone Lacing, Rune of Resistance, etc.

I'm not trying to come across as complaining but more curious and wanting to understand what exactly the change is and why the change may not address the issue that exists.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Well, theres a few issues. What you're asking, I think, is why can't Mental Bane be crafted by a dragon and not need a biped in the picture at all.

Consider for a moment that the system was built so that players could share/sell the components. It was not built, nor ever intended, for a single player to do everything him/herself. There is a chance that a biped might have enough skill to make the metalworking component, but not the leatherworking component. In this case, the biped would still need to ask a biped for help.

The change for the final product was changed from Alchemy to Spellcrafting so that a dragon could finish off the tech kit. I know most players will make you anything if you just ask, but it might not be possible to find a high level alchemist online at the same time you log in, either. But at least this way, some players could add the components to the consigner, allowing final product to be created when that alchemist is not online.

It was originally made to be alchemy, because there was no other epic items that might use Spellcrafting. Forcing players to buy another formula for a single item seemed like a waste and a bit of a punishment. So it was merged with Alchemy components. If more epic spell items were introduced, then it would make sense to add another formula.

The only way to make Mental Bane to work for a dragon, and not dependent on a biped, would be to add a new formula, Spellcraft component. Add new drops related to required resources and then new resources, crafted by this new formula. I'm not sure how well this would go over with the entire population. Having to buy a new formula and having the Alchemy components formula devalued at the same time.

I'm at the anchor on blight right now its seems to be working as indented. No Void Horrors are spawning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    The only way to make Mental Bane to work for a dragon, and not dependent on a biped, would be to add a new formula, Spellcraft component. Add new drops related to required resources and then new resources, crafted by this new formula. I'm not sure how well this would go over with the entire population. Having to buy a new formula and having the Alchemy components formula devalued at the same time.
    Or the tech kit could just be added back onto the daily rewards vendor in Aughundell as it originally was. It was a waste and a punishment to take it off of there and change it to a biped craftable only set of formulas, making it impossible to obtain for those without a high level crafter or who aren't on during populated hours. Most days I get on, there are at most five people online, four of which are dragons. While I find the situation most annoying, I understand your reasons, and appreciate your candidness with the explaination for it. Thank you

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Or the tech kit could just be added back onto the daily rewards vendor in Aughundell as it originally was. It was a waste and a punishment to take it off of there and change it to a biped craftable only set of formulas, making it impossible to obtain for those without a high level crafter or who aren't on during populated hours. Most days I get on, there are at most five people online, four of which are dragons. While I find the situation most annoying, I understand your reasons, and appreciate your candidness with the explaination for it. Thank you
    I have to agree. While it's nice to be able to craft the final components, it's a bit.. off to not even have be able to make one of the sub components.

You say that spellcrafting comps would have to be added - that sounds a bit silly. What is it now, Taravist Powder, Metal Clasp, and Fine Thread? None of those are in the slightest bit a spellcrafting comp.

I don't know what the actual formulas for epic things are, since I have just been spending ages gathering tokens and not really spending them. However, I know there are unfocused taravist crystals and some sort of metal bar. Why not make it so that we just use the non-biped variation of the crystals and bar, at least? Can't both sides craft that? I'd prefer if the thread was something cross-race too, but we can't win everything.

The original Mental Bane is available to all races equally. Therefore, the recreation of it should be, too. The original gratitude vendor was fine for this. I don't really know why it was changed, since all the other tech kits are there - Mental Bane is no more epic than them imo.

I don't know anything of what it's like on Chaos, but right now I can name you three bipeds that might be able to make the alchemy components. Two are never online when I am, or are even online at all. The other one isn't high enough level just yet, as far as I know. When I'm around, there's 15-20 people around - 13-17 of them are all dragons, and the other bipeds don't have high enough craft as far as I know.

In this day and age, it's really hard to create an interdependence that helps more than it hurts. As it stands, forcing players to go on a wild goose chase for another player with some vague class is much more of a hassle than its worth. You say that there should not be a "do it all on your own" factor and there isn't. You need help to kill those epic bosses in the first place. For Daknor you at least need a sorc, for Reklar you need a healer - really for any boss you need at least one ped healing you or fighting with you or stunning with you. You need those peds anyway. When it comes to making the final components for a technique equally available in the first place, we shouldn't be forced to rely on the crafting skills of peds that may not even play the game anymore.

I'm not trying to make this into dragon vs ped, of course. Each have their own virtues and drawbacks. I just feel it certainly doesn't add anything making someone rely entirely on the lesser-played races for something they got on their own in the past after working with others to get it in the first place.

Edit: Do tell me if I'm unclear, I should have gone to bed an hour ago.
    Last edited by Racktor; October 6th, 2015 at 02:30 AM.

Consider for a moment that the system was built so that players could share/sell the components. It was not built, nor ever intended, for a single player to do everything him/herself. There is a chance that a biped might have enough skill to make the metalworking component, but not the leatherworking component. In this case, the biped would still need to ask a biped for help.
    Ceg I need to point this out for your reasoning is flawed. Your saying its not intended however that same said biped over time CAN obtain the skill required over time if he levels the correct schools. but even so that not the problem here. The problem lies in the fact that you CAN'T obtain the original form on your own (same is true for most if not all of the epic forms) so thats where the game becomes MMO. Making us rely on the minimal player base is ill-conceived and foolhardy. this game is so old now trying to push us in the direction of a economy is like doing a certain bodily function into the wind, ultimately all your gonna do is get wet feet.

Seriously the hard work is all done obtaining the quest etc etc. forcing dragons to rely on bipeds is just.... don't do it. there aren't enough bipeds on order at anyone time there are perhaps between 10 and 40 players online, of them only 10-20% are bipeds, and of them only 10-30% have any high level crafting if your lucky

And arzel they wouldn't need to add a new form just a new option to craft either type.. (can't think of the word its too early).
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

The shoulder pets never went away. They are sold by the npc beside the cashiers Dolly Day. Or is there other pets that I'm unaware of? There might be useful stuff added when it gets nearer to Winter time. I seem to think the snowball formula was taken out because it was being used as a "griefing tool". Snowballs are funny, but when people you know who don't like you throw them, it has a different meaning.
    the pets I was talking about are the:
    -red gummi maggot.
    -green gummi maggot.
    -red gummi spider.
    -green gummi spider
    -shoulder Moothuselah (could be wrong with this one)
    The above are all shoulder pets that were rare drops from the presents if I'm not mixing things up, from before gnomekindle was re-activated in 2012.

there's also the Shoulder Gargoyle and Shoulder cow, but those two were rewards from closed beta (which in my eyes is a reward in and of itself, being -closed- beta and all that), but I could see and understand those two not being added.

the only shoulder pets I distinctly remember getting was the shoulder treant from the cashiers, don't think I have ever seen any shoulder pets on Dolly Day. (I could be wrong here, if so I'm sorry for my little goof there, I have asked some people whether they could check for me)

also, I really wanna stress these should be gotten through present grinding and not a simple cash sink, it defeats the whole purpose of the initial idea in the thread.

Also, concerning the snowball formula (I wasn't able to include this in my previous post because my train ride was over hehe).

I fail to see how it could be considered griefing? the only thing it did was roll a simple animation, a particle effect from point A to B, and a beneficial buff on the target that you can get rid of if you wish so, and as far as I know doesn't override any other beneficial buff. Now sure, someone might possibly crash because of the particle effect, but I doubt that is a very prevalent issue with the optimisation we've had in the past few months.
    When you think about it, it's practicly comparable to removing a buff like Promote Intellect because someone doesn't want that power buff.

Just checked on Dolly Day, on the live servers she doesn't sell a single shoulder pet, only Gnomekindle related attire and the stockings.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    Also, concerning the snowball formula (I wasn't able to include this in my previous post because my train ride was over hehe).

I fail to see how it could be considered griefing? the only thing it did was roll a simple animation, a particle effect from point A to B, and a beneficial buff on the target that you can get rid of if you wish so, and as far as I know doesn't override any other beneficial buff. Now sure, someone might possibly crash because of the particle effect, but I doubt that is a very prevalent issue with the optimisation we've had in the past few months.
    When you think about it, it's practicly comparable to removing a buff like Promote Intellect because someone doesn't want that power buff.
    Agreed here, the snowballs aren't harmful in any way IMHO, the only difference between snowballs and a buff spell really is the time needed to "cast" and "re-cast" them. You can throw more snowballs in a set period of time than you can cast buffs. I can only see this as a possible (minor) nuisance is if someone has a hotkey set up to spam snowballs. Now, you can get the same level of nuisance by spamming anything- it's not something inherent to snowballs.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Slight correction:
    Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    there's also the Shoulder Gargoyle and Shoulder cow, but those two were rewards from closed beta (which in my eyes is a reward in and of itself, being -closed- beta and all that), but I could see and understand those two not being added.
    Those 2 along with the shoulder parrot were pre-order bonuses, not beta bonuses.

The Gargoyle is really an ogre...

I am pleased with all the fixes in this delta, got one of the longstanding annoyances for me fixed (Fangs of fury), and you've made more useful (hopefully) the Wolf's Bane. The Blight spell skill changes are fine too, but they had been that way forever. But since they appear to be intended parts of the Blight spell lineup vs the sorcerer spell lineup, the change makes sense.

Now, let me voice one last major annoyance, since you guys have done such a good job fixing bugs: Blight spells + the blight spell techs.

In another thread (http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...l=1#post289084 majority of notes are in post 30) I detailed all the "incompatibilities" with the tech effects and the blight spells themselves. The tech effects should completely stack with the spells' effects (otherwise the techs are worthless. which sucks because they often have a better effect). But as they are now, there are all sorts of "Blight poison failed because Ogre has Malady".. with blight poison being one of only a few spelltechs that can go on Malady for example. Would be great if all those stacking effects were resolved.

Amon's thinking was that 2 things cannot both modify the same stat on the target, one has to overwrite the other. (half the time something weaker overwrites something stronger). But for the relatively tiny modification of "-73 power" for Lessen Power V spell for example, allowing "-15% power" (Derange V effect from a spelltech) isn't a big deal. And the Derange effect from the techs is better than the spells effects which it can be placed on (once the mob has >487 power, which is going to be just about everything someone using t5 spells will be hunting). But it fails to land if the Lesser Power effect is in place. Just an example of how borked up it all is. Be sure to give the Mind spells and mind spell techs a looking at as well, Derange specifically, since I know it suffers from the same issues.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; December 27th, 2015 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Updated link to post #30

Did some testing on Blight, I found a slight glitch with the inventory window filters. When you use a filter, then click the 'F' to turn off the filter options, the inventory stays filtered. I would suggest that pressing the 'F' also clicks the "All" button for you (turning off any filtering).

Also, if you filter one window, it seems to apply to all windows. So if I filter one pouch, then close it and open a different pouch, it has the filter settings from the prior pouch. Shouldn't they be separate?

Just to add a note to my prior post (since can't edit it anymore):
    [10/07/15 20:53:50] You began casting Scatterbrain V on Yew Treant.
    [10/07/15 20:53:51] Derange V failed because Yew Treant has Scatterbrain V.
    [10/07/15 20:53:52] You cast Scatterbrain V on Yew Treant.

Mind spells got the same issues as the Blight spells. Derange is 1 of only 2 techs that will go on Scatterbrain. Stupidity likely suffers the same issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Just to add a note to my prior post (since can't edit it anymore):
    [10/07/15 20:53:50] You began casting Scatterbrain V on Yew Treant.
    [10/07/15 20:53:51] Derange V failed because Yew Treant has Scatterbrain V.
    [10/07/15 20:53:52] You cast Scatterbrain V on Yew Treant.

Mind spells got the same issues as the Blight spells. Derange is 1 of only 2 techs that will go on Scatterbrain. Stupidity likely suffers the same issues...
    Haven't forgotten about your long standing issues with Mind and Blight spells overwriting (or not able to overwrite).

I think I've figured out a way to keep the game integrity of why we need keywords but also able to work in fair compromise to fix some issues, while not leaving it unbalanced. So, have thus far got the Stupidity and Scatterbrain spells, teched with Deranged Tech, to not fail when cast.

[12/27/15 02:09:55] You cast Scatterbrain V on sheep.
    [12/27/15 02:09:55] You used Derange V on sheep.
    [12/27/15 02:10:33] You began casting Stupidity V on sheep.
    [12/27/15 02:10:35] You used Derange V on sheep.

Going to try to tackle the blighted spell issues next, linked thread in post #14 ... I've got some ideas of how to handle that.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; December 27th, 2015 at 06:25 AM.

Thanks! It will help make Shaman much more useful in groups. Fixing the spell issues will help in fixing the class, and keep it valuable as part of a multiclass build as well.

Thread Information