Thread: Rite of Passage questions

Default Rite of Passage questions

I'd very much like to do the Rite of Passge quests to make my hatchling become an adult dragon,but I need to defeat some very high-level undead,among others things to so do.I have a healthy respect for named undead,due to the sheer amount of spells they can throw at you,so would I be able to defeat something such as Kaa the Shade,or Lem the cold solo at lv50,or would I need to be a higher level that them to stand a chance

Default Re: Rite of Passage questions

Quote Originally Posted by Honeth View Post
    I'd very much like to do the Rite of Passge quests to make my hatchling become an adult dragon,but I need to defeat some very high-level undead,among others things to so do.I have a healthy respect for named undead,due to the sheer amount of spells they can throw at you,so would I be able to defeat something such as Kaa the Shade,or Lem the cold solo at lv50,or would I need to be a higher level that them to stand a chance
    in essence you can do Kaa, Lem and Esh at 50, however, for the Entombed Will, Shadow Dragon or Seliena, you're going to need quite some more levels, personally I'd say around level 80 with proper spells, scales and all that. but I never bothered to solo the RoP so I'm not your best source. ^^;

I would wait till 100 if you plan to solo, to be on the safe side, otherwise ask for people to help you ^ ^.

I have soloed Esh, Lem, and Kaa in the level 50-60 range... you just need to be able to handle a long fight with them and pull them away from potential adds. I have not soloed Entombed, Shadow Dragon, or Selina though... tried duoing Selina with two prepared level 60s but she killed us faster than we killed her so in the end, I brought my main along to get them through it.

I have heard from a friend who did solo Shadow Dragon at level 80, it's very possible with good gear for that level... you just need to be prepared for a long fight. Even at level 100 with full gear, it's a relatively long fight... not necessarily a challenging one at that level but still it takes a bit to go through that massive amount of health the bosses have.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

It depends which server board I think is which.

I've done both Lunus and Helian RoPs through at level 80.

For Lunus, you can solo everything - even SD - with relative ease at lvl 80. SD requires more attention, kiting, healing, etc, though.
    For Helian, I could do everything except Seliena, who is tough for even an ancient to solo at times.

The recommend level is certainly lvl 50-60, as you can do most of the stuff alone then. The Entombed Will, Shadow Dragon, and Seliena will be your biggest issues. (I solo'ed Storm's Shadow on a hybrid at lvl 54, so I wouldn't count him a huge threat). Don't be afraid to ask for help, especially if it's with the bigger bosses. The general mobs, Kaa, Lem, Esh, etc are all around lvl 50-60 and can be taken care of in that range.

( On an semi-related note - if you want to do everything alone for crafting, you need a minimum of level 60. Not really recommended though - what bumps it to 60 is obsidian bricks and you only need 10 of them, from anyone. For Helian, it's min lvl 40, and for Lunus, it's min lvl 30. (With scales and/or crafting machines to help your skills)

Thread Information