Thread: Remove Level Cap on Free Humans

Default Remove Level Cap on Free Humans

Any race being playable on free accounts is wonderful, truly. However, I am a bit concerned with the level caps on bipeds, more specifically that on humans. It's unfair to free players who have already sunk a good deal of time into their humans, especially those with incredibly high ranks, who can no longer access their characters because of the cap. My idea is to keep the levelcaps on the dragons and other bipeds, but remove the one on humans. Or, at the very least, give a warning next time something like this is about to happen. It was a nasty surprise to wake up and find that you couldn't log in.
    Niomira- 100/100/100/100 ancient, Order

Default Re: Remove Level Cap on Free Humans

Quote Originally Posted by Nio View Post
    Any race being playable on free accounts is wonderful, truly. However, I am a bit concerned with the level caps on bipeds, more specifically that on humans. It's unfair to free players who have already sunk a good deal of time into their humans, especially those with incredibly high ranks, who can no longer access their characters because of the cap. My idea is to keep the levelcaps on the dragons and other bipeds, but remove the one on humans. Or, at the very least, give a warning next time something like this is about to happen. It was a nasty surprise to wake up and find that you couldn't log in.
    there has been a discussion on this the day this change was applied. with no real official word aside from "this thread has run out of it's usefullnes, the devs will think about what was said"

Note, old free characters (Characters, not accounts) should not have been changed because of this. if they have been, then by all mean, go ahead with this thread.
    ___
    Not being able to log in might be connected to the fact that you have to renew your free sub now every month.

I agree, I know a lot of free humans who are a valued part of the community, and it would very sad if all their hard work was for nothing because they can't pay for their "Free Human". Also, I am sad to see my free humans not accessible anymore.. A warning would be nice.

I have to agree full-heartedly. While I understand that the company needs to make money, perhaps at least a warning would've sufficed? I had a F2P human account with level 18 healer currently, and I was trying to log him on, but I couldn't. I had lots of things on him that I would've liked to keep. That account was used for when I couldn't afford a subscription, so I could at least keep in touch with people. Perhaps the people who had human accounts before the change could keep theirs forever? While everyone after that would have the cap.

It depends which server board I think is which.

It's unfair to free players who have already sunk a good deal of time into their humans, especially those with incredibly high ranks, who can no longer access their characters because of the cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaneofCastle View Post
    I know a lot of free humans who are a valued part of the community, and it would very sad if all their hard work was for nothing because they can't pay for their "Free Human".
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrowseer View Post
    I had a F2P human account with level 18 healer currently, and I was trying to log him on, but I couldn't. I had lots of things on him that I would've liked to keep.
    For the last two, your issue is that you might not know that you now have to renew free access. Go check if "Free Access" is available for your human account. For that change, you were given warning in an announcement thread.

Secondly, previously free humans are still free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    Those changes only apply to new characters. Existing humans are not affected.
    If this is a bug, ignore me, but please check if you can renew your free human. As Meeps said, there was also already a thread on this. http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...-to-Play-style So I feel this might be locked soon.

Also, there was a long suggestion thread on adding this cap in before they did it, but to be honest, I can't figure out where it went.

Existing human accounts were not affected. If you had a level 100 human, then you will still be level 100. As the Announcement states, you will need to login once a month to "renew" your free access. If you try to log into the game and receive a message about you don't have any active subscriptions, then this is how to fix/re-activate your account @ https://accounts.istaria.com/member.php?tab=add_renew

Click to enlarge:
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

...Well, I'm feeling rather silly now vv Sorry, guys

...Well, I'm feeling rather silly now vv Sorry, guys
    No need to feel sorry or silly. I heard other people are having trouble too as you about it or having trouble understanding. It's ok ^ ^.

Thread Information