Thread: Dragon Park Part One - Skulk Forest

Default Dragon Park Part One - Skulk Forest

First big thanks to Cegaiel for help and tips!

This is my first public customization.

Welcome to Dragon Park (part one - Skulk Forest)!
    I want to share with you this little piece of fun I worked on. I came up with idea of a dragon park where hatchies, bipeds and dragons could have fun (im mostly hoping for new players now that ftp changed). A place where hatchlings could glide all they want and hang out (quite literally) with friends.

Park will consist of six different theme areas and this is one of them.

This is work in progress. You can download now and see part one or wait till its all finished.

Dragon park is located south west of Skalkaar. If youre a hatchling/biped start here: Skalkaar 42311/16375 (when you are on the road and see garnet outcroppings,head south). Take the bridge (dont worry, you wont fall through) and keep going south.
    For adults and ancients, simply fly south west from Skalkaar pad.

Again, this is work in progress . Terrain will have to remain grey for now because I dont know/dont have the tools to attach grass/sand/ash etc. Youll notice many small wooden lamp posts - they are indicators markers for where possible roads would go. Pond has no water because thats something I cant do for now. Bridges connecting Skalkaar and new island will be changed. I had to put those in quickly so everyone could access the island.

Maximum View Distance highly recommended!

>>Download/View pictures here (clicky)<<

Maximum View Distance highly recommended!

Pictures folder contains screenshots of my work and how it started. Its a nice memory.
    Download folder contains sector_default.def file that you put in your world_cache folder: ( C: ) -> Program Files (x86) -> Istaria -> world_cache
    Yes to overwrite.
    Restart your game.

Have fun and comments appreciated.

>> Keep your eyes open for new client where you can edit things yourself.
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...335#post307335

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Default Re: Dragon Park Part One - Skulk Forest

That looks pretty cool. I didn't realize that feature was being added to the client. It will be very interesting to see what you and others come up with.

plopped this in and gave a test run, not sure where the bridge is supposed to pop up though. Maybe add a screenie of this as well?
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

I would LOVE to know how this has been done, as I have some world-building ideas myself that I might want to test out. (and mayhaps send in)

Quote Originally Posted by silverth View Post
    plopped this in and gave a test run, not sure where the bridge is supposed to pop up though. Maybe add a screenie of this as well?
    Skalkaar, overlooking portal and some garnet outcroppings. I hope that helps:

horizons_1444918753.jpg

Meeps appropriate instructions will be posted by Cegaiel
    EDIT theres a video on that already in Offline World Object Editing thread.
    Last edited by Tilithia; October 15th, 2015 at 02:38 PM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    Skalkaar, overlooking portal and some garnet outcroppings. I hope that helps:

horizons_1444918753.jpg
    I see, thank you. Actually managed to get it to work, but gliding across the bridge ended up with me dumped into the ocean when teh end glitched out for a second. XD making a second run now.

Edit: yep, the bridge again vanished under my paws as I ran a hatchie across it, might be safest to send flying dragons out to test the park. At least til the bridge issue is fixed.
    Last edited by silverth; October 15th, 2015 at 06:29 PM.

I have to go for now but im almost sure it has to do with either loading distance or view distance

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...l=1#post306140

Ill have to look at it later.

hmm,changing my Maximum View Distance to minimum made it vanish from under my feet too.
    And setting it back to max brought bridge back.
    Having it at half made the bridge disappear right at the end.

I hate to say that but max view distance at max may be required to fully enjoy it.
    Last edited by Tilithia; October 15th, 2015 at 07:35 PM.

Yeah, talking with Racktor and Meepsa made me realize I may have to adjust mine to max.

But hey, more proof that max view distance is needed, not just suggested. Thanks for checking in and responding.

Youre welcome. Id have never realized because ive been playing with maximum distance for years

Hey cool didnt know of this. Are you still working on it? More please XD

Quote Originally Posted by Pryzm View Post
    Hey cool didnt know of this. Are you still working on it? More please XD
    Yes planning to add 5 more areas.

Pryzm made a very nice video of the Skulk Forest, thank you very much Pryzm!

Ah no problem Ill be really happy if devs officially add this to Istaria in the end then there wouldnt be just a big fat and flat grey island anymore.

Thread Information