Thread: Looking for .agf viewer?

Default Looking for .agf viewer?

Where do you get one?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Default Re: Looking for .agf viewer?

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    Where do you get one?
    as far as I know, there is no way to get either a .agf viewer or converter. (there might be a converter plugin for maya, but it'd propably be rather pricy or hard to find any other way)
    However, through support you might be possible to request .obj files which you can open in blender and/or maya.

Thanks...Ill stick to /loadmodel command then :P

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

The Maya plugin only goes one way. There is no reason to convert a model back to Maya from a development standpoint. If there is an issue, just fix it on the raw model and re-export. And I doubt that you would find a converter unless someone specifically wrote one for Istaria models like Friedlekh did for textures. I believe that the exporter was customized for the way models are handled by Istaria's client so a "generic" converter probably would not give a usable model.

If you're just trying to figure out which .tga (.agh) file the .agf file references, you can open the .agf file with notepad. It's all binary, but there will be on legible piece of text in it. Example com_plant_lotus_reg.agf - Open with notepad, Ctrl+F and search for shader (sometimes there might be more than one). You find this: [AGF_SHADER] com_plant_lotus_reg.tga . So now we know we can look in the /resources/textures_agh folder and there should be a file called com_plant_lotus_reg.agh file in there somewhere. The shaders should always point to .tga , but it's really .agh in the game folder somewhere, usually.

There's also a neat little trick I use to do a reverse search. Let's say I'm using Frid's AGHViewer.exe and looking at some different texture images and find one and wonder what models they might be used in.

I'm sure there's many programs that can parse files, but one I'm used to using is called File Seek and it should still be free. It searches for text in a file, but it will find text strings in a binary as well.

Screenshot

In screenshot, I'm looking at a texture file called com_beer_hut_barrels.agh . This filename should be referenced in one of the .agf files. So I open up a file parser (File Seek) and search for "com_beer_hut_barrels". It found a match in com_ale_shack_d0.agf and _d1.agf. So now I can /loadmodel com_ale_shack_d0 to see what it looks like.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

What im trying to do is just view agh files so I could pick one that would serve my purpose best (in building the dragon park) and so far ive been using command /loadmodel which worked really well but I wondered if theres a way to actually open agh files and see them without typing sometimes lengthly and weird names. Ill stick to that command hehe

Well, I can suggest something that might save a couple of keystrokes, here and there for what you're doing.

1) /LM is a shortcut for /loadmodel
    2) Open up Window Explorer (File Explorer) and start browsing the models folder. Add filename to clipboard:

Right click the .agf file and choose Rename. It will now be highlighted and awaiting for you to type something. Instead, Ctrl+C to copy. Hit Esc key to exit the Rename mode. Now flip back to Istaria type /lm Ctrl+V then Enter

Same method above, but even a little bit quicker. Instead of Right click, Rename. Click filename (left click) once to highlight it. Wait 1 second. Left click again, it will be in rename mode and you can now hit Ctrl+C . So instead of a quick double click. Do a slow double click (1 second between each click). Well, technically the way this method works is any file already highlight, just left click it again to enable rename mode. Rename mode is when you can Ctrl+C into clipboard.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; October 31st, 2015 at 12:30 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Im learning something new. thanks,youre irreplaceable.

Thread Information