Thread: Newcomer Greets

Default Newcomer Greets

Hello folks. I just started trying out this game about two days ago. I love dragons and have been contemplating trying it, but noticed a distinct lack of reviews about so was suspect about it. I decided to try it out and have been enjoying things a bit trying out being a dragon and have just been faffing about.

I am a RPer, so of course I went to the RP server, and am wondering about the community. I have been searching for some place to RP, as I have been hopping various MMOs and MUDs trying to find something to fill my time like my old favorite used to before it was shut down. (City of Heroes). I am getting ahold of the system, though acknowledge a bit of a clunky interface to me, but am reading over the lore to get an understanding before trying to find some RP.

I admit, I have decided to work my character kind of similarly (maybe even an homage) to my favorite dragon Wistala, but may need to modify things a bit more. If there's any suggestions or blatant plugs, feel free to tell me, as I am an open person. xD

Default Re: Newcomer Greets

*serves Quinz a container full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    Welcome home! :-)

It depends which server board I think is which.

Welcome to Istaria and/or thanks for considering it

Order (the RP server) can be very quiet, especially on the weekdays. Recently at best, it will gather around 30 players during weekends. The winter festival and such bring in a lot more generally, but that's always iffy and can't be relied on. As for RP, you might have some trouble finding it in normal places. (New Trismus, Dralk, etc) Most people who do RP tend to do so with each other privately from what I've seen, but you can find some people sitting in NT. Ask around and poke the RP channel occasionally; you'll likely get replies. New Rpers are always such a rare but great site so I imagine you'd get a nice greeting

Always keep an eye out on the forums here, too. Sometimes people post RP events that they coordinate up here! (generally in the Order board)

Quote Originally Posted by Quinz View Post
    I admit, I have decided to work my character kind of similarly (maybe even an homage) to my favorite dragon Wistala, but may need to modify things a bit more. If there's any suggestions or blatant plugs, feel free to tell me, as I am an open person. xD
    You're not alone! I love Wistala, she was one of my favorites - if not my absolute favorite - in the Age of Fire series. <3 I've met a RuGaard and DharSii ingame, but that was a long time ago now, sadly

Very welcome Quinz,
    I wish you a good time in Istaria. I'm not into roleplaying much, but on Order some players are sitting on the rooftops of Bristugo. Probably in hope to scare poor little Saris or eating Gnomes! Like Racktor already said, New Trismus has got some population, too.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Thread Information