Thread: decon experience for weaver, ????

Default decon experience for weaver, ????

when I was learning weaver way back when we used to get exp..for and still do for making cloth clothing or backpack pouches, and to get high enough to make or apply the taps/bolts we used to grind by making and but deconning cloth clothing, designer type and or pouches we no longer do. I am leveling a baby toon and found I cannot get exp for deconning these items anymore, since you have added the ability to decon stackable items, but no exp for the deconning of it. I don't understand why, weaver is hard enough to level without taking experience away from it. was that intentional? I can make tool of wood and get exp for carpenter, making and deconning, same with fitter and mason. please explain the logic?

Thanks Lillyjo, chaos server

Default Re: decon experience for weaver, ????

Are you sure your Salvage is not to high?
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

its not saying my salvage is too high its saying that I don't have salvage in that school. and I salvage flaxen. when I made its only level 14. and outfitter is only 19 so its not high.

If your salvage skill is higher than the skill you are using to make the item, then the game uses salvage when deconing the item and will say that school does not get XP from salvage and you get no decon XP. So check your salvage skill compared to the skill used to make the item.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

I will check but I didn't decon..but it comes from levels .didn't think cloth would anyway be related to metal or stone. but it really suck, she cant even make the taps yet and she gets nothing from bolts? other then making them. she is only on flaxen and highest she can do is t2, in metal, barely t2 in stone, and just 1 1 1 1 in metal t3 steel bars only no tools or anything.
    ~

If you have salvaging it affects all skills for crafting, when you decon.

Back in the early days, I took Tinkerer up to about level 20 and stopped so I could make the cheap cargo disks.

After going through various crafting schools, I learned that was a mistake. I wouldn't get any decon experience for anything, until the 'other' schools' skill level was higher than 200ish.

After a while, I wanted to do other schools that give salvaging, Miner, Gatherer and still wanted Tinkerer. So I went all in. Did those 3 to level 80 and stopped. I figured I could just make and decon T5 resources. Thats why I stopped at 80. If I took those schools to 100, then I would be screwed because of the salvaging skill would still be too high. I'll only take those 3 (or the other salvaging schools, Enchanter) to 100 once I've got every other crafting school to 100. Thats how I pretty much level up any school now, I make T5 resources and decon them, even on a level 1 school.

Once you do get the weaver up a bit higher, you could equip a bronze salvaging awl, which would cap your salvaging at 250 (no there is no such thing as a training awl, I've thought about that years ago). The downside to the awl, is it's a pain. If I remember right, if you check the Auto Deconstruct box, you won't get exp. But if you manually right click items in inventory then right click, decon then it works.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

when it comes back on line I will check I am sure its not tink but I do have fitter higher but made only sheet.. should be able to make iron sheets but didn't do any of those yet.
    I can make salvage tool but I doubt if I am higher then 250 salvage..

Miner, Gatherer, Tinkerer and Enchanting are the biped schools that give salvaging skill.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Miner, Gatherer, Tinkerer and Enchanting are the biped schools that give salvaging skill.
    You can also forget those schools at the npc near Dalimond on rocks.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Thread Information