Thread: Vault bug...

Default Vault bug...

Ok I've had forever the problem with the vault not filling if left open when logging out, whether accidentally or because of a crash. The next time log in the vault just spins and spins but never fills. Only way to fix is close it, and relog.

Some are telling me this was fixed awhile back and it fills for them fine with it open when logging in. Any ideas why not working for me?

PS: I do play with loadingscreen off, but been told by others with loadingscreen off also, they have no problem with the vault.

Default Re: Vault bug...

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Ok I've had forever the problem with the vault not filling if left open when logging out, whether accidentally or because of a crash. The next time log in the vault just spins and spins but never fills. Only way to fix is close it, and relog.

Some are telling me this was fixed awhile back and it fills for them fine with it open when logging in. Any ideas why not working for me?

PS: I do play with loadingscreen off, but been told by others with loadingscreen off also, they have no problem with the vault.
    loadingscreens off does cause this problem, it's simply what causes it.
    I would have more to say on this problem...but honestly, having loadingscreens off isn't exactly encouraged by the devs..so yeah.

Then why have a command allowing you to turn it off? And like I said in first post, others with loadingscreenoff say their vault DOESN'T hang. So it must be something more then just that.

Then why have a command allowing you to turn it off? And like I said in first post, others with loadingscreenoff say their vault DOESN'T hang. So it must be something more then just that.
    perhaps they're not recreating it properly? I know that when I have it off and log in when I have logged off with my vault open it will bug every time. (I do pay with loading screens off)

as for your first question, they actually tried to force everyone to have loading screens on at one moment, but it didn't go too well.

Then why have a command allowing you to turn it off?
    Because too many people complain about not having an option, even if it breaks their game. Dunno if you've noticed, but some people aren't too keen on changes to this game.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    Because too many people complain about not having an option, even if it breaks their game.
    Your kidding right?

Your kidding right?
    uhm no, I'm with Kida here, there's a large portion of people that would complain about their increased loading times (because a majority of the players plays with loading screens off to bypass the time it takes to load). I'm 80% sure those people would go on the forums to complain about the forced change.

though it would most likely go like the gold rage rage.

Ok how about we end the debate whether its good or bad to use. Its in the game, alot use it so maybe we try coming up with a fix?
    If it was just me forgetting to close it before logging out, ok then i'd say my bad, but with the crashing so often...

Anyway if I remember and notice it in time I can manually close the vault during login. As long as I do it before my toon shows up then everything is fine, I can open vault once ig and it works fine. So.. maybe if they force vault closed during beginning of login (if already closed wouldnt hurt anything) should do it, think that might work?

I got confidence in Yfelvik and/or Ceg (or any other dev/helper that I don't know by name) being able of coming up with a solution.

there's no debate whether it's good or bad, it's bad, that's a fact, it's not supported by the devs. They tried fixing it to being permanently on, people flipped out about it.

that being said, because it's not supported, I don't think the devs should worry about fixing it too, you either deal with the loading times, or you deal with the bugs. (which you shouldn't have because, all things considered, you shouldn't have it on)

Thats your opinion, thankyou. Is there anyone else with maybe some helpful advice?

except it's not? I mean, there is a thread on the forum about it (a friend tried looking it up, seeing if we can find it again), with clear statements surrounding how and why.
    also, the complete silence this thread has recieved so far should be a relatively clear message.

lastly, and this is in fact my opinion, slightly offended here. I try my best to help the community, but by now I think I need to overdose on painkillers before I can deal with the forums 90% of the time..

Thats your opinion, thankyou. Is there anyone else with maybe some helpful advice?
    Yes. If it doesn't work, don't use it. There's my advice. Five cents please.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Meepsa i think everyone (me included) realize you either have a problem with the command or possibly (more likely?) just with me in general. Whichever I'm done, can a dev please remove this post.

For whatever it may be worth, and perhaps I am only player to see this, my toons port faster with loading screen on than they do with loading screen off. I found this to be true back when the "great debate" over devs removing the option to not use the loading screen, and I confirm it to be true every few months since that time.

Knossos

Meepsa i think everyone (me included) realize you either have a problem with the command or possibly (more likely?) just with me in general. Whichever I'm done, can a dev please remove this post.
    oooh yeah, I definately have a problem with a command I use myself
    as for disliking people, I don't in general dislike people.

I do dislike dumb situations though. I also dislike it when people assume things about everyone. and there's a ton of other things that I dislike that may or may not have an influence on this.
    Last edited by meepsa; December 29th, 2015 at 04:37 PM.

So.. maybe if they force vault closed during beginning of login (if already closed wouldnt hurt anything) should do it, think that might work?
    And what are you willing to be it would close ALL OPEN windows.. no.. just NO!

you know what.. its an option that the devs would like to take out but we whine too much for them to deal with the headache.. as previously stated.. don't like it.. don't use it.. thats YOUR choice.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

@Calyndrell You dont have to close all open windows, just the vault.

My vault never loads either, if i have it open and CTD. When relogging in, the game tries to reopen all those windows. I havent tried it since the loading screen got forced on (I used to play with it off too), and after they forced it, I have just left it on. I do CTD less with it on. It's an option, but it's considered unsupported. Amon said that many times over the years, always recommending people to leave it on.

Now, if you turn the loading screen back on, the vault might start properly opening during login. If it does, there's you answer and fix.

And as Knossos pointed out, the game does run better for me since they forced the loading screen on. I really recommend giving it a try. Ports are usually only a few seconds. The ocassional time when porting with loading screen takes longer (say 30 seconds), the game is loading or reloading something that prevents a crash once the player starts moving around. Give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    uhm no, I'm with Kida here, there's a large portion of people that would complain about their increased loading times (because a majority of the players plays with loading screens off to bypass the time it takes to load). I'm 80% sure those people would go on the forums to complain about the forced change.

though it would most likely go like the gold rage rage.
    Those ones are fools XD the vault needs to be fixed. Ive crashed so many times its not funny, Rather fix things that are broken.. As for the loading.. Its called there fools.. Rather have a loading screen XD again, rather fix broken things then have them around to Break the game.
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Thread Information