Thread: New Trismus Not Loading

Default New Trismus Not Loading

Hi everyone! I am new to the game and am finding it really enjoyable. I am playing in Xubuntu smoothly all until I got to the mainland and New Trismus...

Screenshot - 12302015 - 03:01:01 PM.jpg

What is even more weird is that this only happens in New Trismus! My game becomes laggy and slow. I can't seem to figure it out since it runs under Wine. Outside of the town of New Trismus/at a distance, the game returns to normal....

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Default Re: New Trismus Not Loading

I don't have too much experience in Istaria on wine at all, played maybe 10 hours or so. Your screenie looks like a windows client does when there are cache issues.

• Have you tried to empty the <game_folder>/world_cache folder? Not sure if the java launcher handles this correctly on linux with it's troubleshoot option. Try removing the contents manually.
    • Maybe some of the client files got damaged. Did you force a complete file check?

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

It depends which server board I think is which.

I fake a shutdown to force terrain to load, but you need to have "stop action" hotkeyed and the loading screen off. Click 'log out', 'yes', and then quickly hit stop action. You don't log out and the world usually loads.

However, that's a workaround. What Elteria wrote is the go-to way to fix issues like this; world caches are the cause of 90% of world holes and errors like this

Thank you guys for the replies! I tried clearing the cache and even messed around with winetricks to no avail. I will try your method Racktor to see if that works!

I cant get that method to work for the "fake shutdown". This is horrible as I really wanted to get back into the game....

Just had an idea...if the world cache is by server, what if I try Order server instead to see if that works? And also, how long does it typically take to load an area?
    Last edited by Agaroth; December 31st, 2015 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agaroth View Post
    Just had an idea...if the world cache is by server, what if I try Order server instead to see if that works? And also, how long does it typically take to load an area?
    That wouldn't work. World cache is sent by the server, but once sent, it is cached in your world_cache folder in your game folder.

Each shard has different instance ID numbers, so there is a furthur another folder, in world_cache, such as blighthorizons, chaoshorizons, orderhorizons. Each one of those folders keeps the cache for each server, unique-ly.

That area you're standing at in New Trismus isn't that many objects, it shouldn't take but 10 seconds or so to load.

I just don't that much about Wine and Linux to really give any suggestions. I could see if they never loaded, then I'd think maybe permission issues to write to the world_cache folder, but you gave two screenshots, one with it loaded and one without it, so that kind of eliminates that theory.

A last ditch effort, about what Elteria said about possible corrupt files. You could try clearing world cache by ticking the Clear World Cache box on the launcher (Troubleshoot button). Sorry I don't have really have anything positive to add.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I think this could be some DirectX problem aswell. Wine comes with a 'hacked replacement' of it. Normally the Winetricks adds a certain version of that, if I remember correctly. Try looking for an alternative version for yours, maybe that works out better.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Check and make sure Antivirus or a Firewall is not blocking it. Did you update something lately that might be causing it not to load?
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I fake a shutdown to force terrain to load, but you need to have "stop action" hotkeyed and the loading screen off. Click 'log out', 'yes', and then quickly hit stop action. You don't log out and the world usually loads.

However, that's a workaround. What Elteria wrote is the go-to way to fix issues like this; world caches are the cause of 90% of world holes and errors like this
    The Fake shutdown works pretty good. You can hotkey it:
    On a single hotkey make 2 text commands and 1 wait command
    Text: /quit
    Wait: 1 second
    Text: /cancelquit

During the 1 second wait you have to quickly click "Yes" but then it will auto-cancel, and works even with loading screen on. Most of the time this will get the ground to load. If yours is still not loading, it's probably some sort of wine incompatibility, or maybe the pc needs more ram or something. (Not a linux expert by any stretch). Maybe reconfigure the Wine app to have more available resources? (Thinking of it like a VM).

The Fake shutdown works pretty good. You can hotkey it:
    On a single hotkey make 2 text commands and 1 wait command
    Text: /quit
    Wait: 1 second
    Text: /cancelquit

During the 1 second wait you have to quickly click "Yes" but then it will auto-cancel, and works even with loading screen on.
    What loading screen?? I use the .jar launcher since you cant install Java in wine for windows. I am reinstalling Istaria to see if that works, but if not I will try your method! Thank you everyone for the help so far. (:

There's a KB article on how to configure Wine for Istaria. You'll need to use Winetricks to install the DX9 native libs. Please see:
    https://support.istaria.com/index.ph...ode=view&id=27

Thread Information