Thread: New and Not so New but hello none the less!

Default New and Not so New but hello none the less!

I'm sorta new to Istaria, but less new to other mmo's. During the holiday break a bug got me and I was hopping shiny/flashy modern games in search of something with enough to grab onto.

Istaria's Dev email caught me at just the right time and from it, I was back in the game, subbed and leveling towards Druid on Chaos.

I'm happy to be here and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in the wild. I've already seen two ancient dragons at New Trismus.

On a side note, is there a reference or guide to world naming themes?

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: New and Not so New but hello none the less!

There's a policy to character naming on Order, but I don't think that's what you're referring to. ^^; If you mean a reference for creatures and what their names/locations are, the map pack is wonderful for that (it's stickied in the General forum) and there's a few resources listed on the bottom of Istaria Reference. Ista Reference is also super useful for items and abilities, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, welcome back/welcome to Ista! I hope you enjoy your stay

Welcome!

there's some naming themes, but over the years even the NPCs have lost that tiny bit of continuety, I don't think there's a guide on it or anything.

Welcome back to Istaria, glad to have you here!
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Welcome back

As far as names go, just don't use anything copyrighted as they have to make you change those. Example: an old guildie had an alt named toys r'us and he had to change it. And likely anything "dirty" wouldn't be allowed. Just use good judgement.

These are rules I follow: Completely made up name(e.g. Guaran), names frmo other fantasy worlds, are usually fine. Real names like David are discouraged. Names from non fantasy like R2D2 would be a big no. I remember reading something along these lines someplace in the user agreement, but that was in the Artifact Entertainment (Horizons) days.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Found the naming policy:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...t?pref=2&pli=1

From what I've seen, names generally aren't really punished too hard. I've seen so many variations of Cynder and Spyro that I've lost count. Saphira, too. Multiple names from the Age of Fire series as well - DharSii, Wistala, AuRon, RuGaard, etc. The developers aren't actively out to get someone who names their character after something copyrighted, but if you are reported by a player, you likely will be asked to change it. Or if it's just noticed by the devs or something. (Someone on Order was named in a phrase and used it for many, many years, but was asked to change it about 2 years ago since phrases are against the Order naming policy (i think). Was likely a player that reported it)

Anyway, my point is to not be scared about your name possibly resembling something else. No one's policing names to the book 1000%.

Thread Information