Thread: Bonus Resources [Resolved]

Default Bonus Resources [Resolved]

Do you all notice if bonus resources still drop in the game and what kind of rate they do?

Some examples could be a bonus drop for same resource.
    ie You're quarrying marble. You might sometimes see you received 10 Marble slab as a bonus.

Or could be other bonus resources. Example Potatoes, corn, lettuce gives chilli pepper as bonus. Or fishing gives squid and some other things as bonus.

I'm curious if these seem to drop less than they used to in past. Maybe if someone has done some crafting recently and spend a long time out in the fields gathering resources, maybe look in your old logs in Notepad. Ctrl+F find the word "bonus" should show those entries.

Thanks.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Bonus Resources

From what I heard recently,none of the bonus resources drop. There were couple people trying to do special confectioner quests who are stuck because they cant get bonus resource needed for quest(s).

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Yeah, I've heard of a couple bonuses, confectioner related that seems broke.

More so trying to pinpoint is it all bonus resources broke 100%, maybe just mob related bonus resources. I've been out of the grind for so long. My last memories of grinding about a year ago was everything was fine. Maybe bonus still works but slower than it used to be, etc.

So with feedback of different things, it might help check and test on different scenarios. Thank you.

I recently tried fishing some halibut in search of swordfish, gathered over 2000 fish without seeing a single bonus resource pop up. Fishing at least is certainly broken.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I just went around and tested several different resources, mithril, marble, shining essence, fish, peas and other confectioner resources. Didn't get a single bonus drop from any of them. It seems fairly conclusive to me that all bonus drops appear to be broken 100%.

It is my experience that dragons have not ever received bonus resources from fishing. My guess is that use of non fishing skill (eg ingenuity, etc) is the reason for this.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    It is my experience that dragons have not ever received bonus resources from fishing. My guess is that use of non fishing skill (eg ingenuity, etc) is the reason for this.

Knossos
    That is correct, bonuses usually require a tool in your hand. Abilities to catch things, such as ingenuity will not yield bonuses.

But I decided to test bluegill fishes on biped with fishing pole. Haven't gotten a bonus yet, but I'm trying to be patient ^_^

Normally i'd get a bonus drop for every 1-2 nodes harvested. So far today i've harvested several fields nearly dry and haven't seen a single bonus drop.

A note on my fishing expedition: I am well aware that dragons get no bonus resources so I was using my biped to gather that 2000 without any bonus showing up.

Gathered a full load of azulyte on Mach as well, no bonus there either.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Havne't seen any bonus resources from a couple hours harvesting mithril on my dragon.

Seems to me the "bonus" resources stopped about the same time we started getting the "look out heavy load coming thru" messages.

Thanks for all the feedback. The fix has been applied to all shards about 30m ago. You'll just need to relog if you've been logged in since it was applied.

Smaug, it was your post that actually helped devs pinpoint the problem
    Last edited by Cegaiel; January 23rd, 2016 at 10:39 PM.

Thread Information