View Poll Results: What color do you prefer for Forum links?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

5 9.26%
  • Firebrick

11 20.37%
  • Light Blue

1 1.85%
  • Dark Orange

1 1.85%
  • Teal

15 27.78%
  • Brown

8 14.81%
  • Dark Green

5 9.26%
  • Purple

5 9.26%
  • Mouse over to White

0 0%
  • Highlighted like notifications

3 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What color do you prefer for Forum links?

Default What color do you prefer for Forum links?

Based on discussion in this post, http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...nk-color/page1, I tried to set up a poll with as many of the suggestions as I could reasonably manage. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right or if I have the best list of colors, but at least maybe we can get something more folks can live with?

I left out the bright colors recently demonstrated due to my eyeballs aching from them and others' complaints. These are in no particular order, and I could not apply visual examples of the last two. Please pick one.

1. Black

2. Fire Brick
    3. Light Blue
    4. Dark Orange
    5. Teal

6. Brown
    7. Dark Green

8. Purple
    9. Mouse over to white
    10. Highlighted like Notifications
    Last edited by awdz; January 24th, 2016 at 01:04 PM.

Default Re: What color do you prefer for Forum links?

I voted teal :3

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

that confused me (easy to do) Salwirk thought you was saying voted for 3 which is not teal

It depends which server board I think is which.

Another vote for teal from me!

The Fire Brick isn't bad. It's visible while not overly clashing against the color scheme like the blue and red does.

I think a Gold color would fit as well, just find the right balance between a yellow gold and a dark gold, and I think it would work for everyone.

I'm really liking Firebrick in regards to the color scheme of the site.

1 month? ouch.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

It depends which server board I think is which.

I'm not sure if Awdz didn't realise there's an end date setting (and it defaults to one month) or if she just wanted to give everyone a chance.

Also, the only issue I personally have with firebrick is that it's still in the reds - a red link, on most of the web, generally means a broken one. It's one of those things you see and automatically assume there is something wrong. Teal still sticks out, is a complimentary color to the peach-tan of the forums, and is close to the general active link color of blue.

Just my reasoning. (To anyone who may care anyway )

The brown or even the dark green or fire brick is easier for me to see then the teal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elteria View Post
    1 month? ouch.
    Figured I had to pick something; what is a more reasonable time frame? How long do we need to have this survey go? Devs can see early results, and I did not think this debate would need to go longer - am I wrong?

I sort of figured forum admins might try different colors week by week based on the more popular results, and choose something most can live with both from input here and their own preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Figured I had to pick something; what is a more reasonable time frame?
    I didn't want to offend you Awdz. A month is a bit long but okay to me. I would have picked 10 days, so that we don't wait too long to get rid that ugly red

------------------

No worries, no offense. :-) I assume admins can close the poll anytime once a decision is made; no need to wait for the full month. I was more worried about somehow going too short since I did not know what would be appropriate.

I personally voted for Purple, but pretty much any colour other than Red please it burns, IT BURNS!
    Any of the darker colours I think would work, lighter colours tend to "bleed" on my screen.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Looks like a mad Lunus was in here practicing fire breath. What color was it before? A brown or black? I liked what we had. Please make the red go away. (I haven't voted yet as I am not sure what it used to be)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    Looks like a mad Lunus was in here practicing fire breath. What color was it before? A brown or black? I liked what we had. Please make the red go away. (I haven't voted yet as I am not sure what it used to be)
    it used to be a dark brown-ish colour, which made it impossible to find links in paragraphs unless you went over every single word with the mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    it used to be a dark brown-ish colour, which made it impossible to find links in paragraphs unless you went over every single word with the mouse.
    i perfer red and firebrick colors as they dont give me sezures its the blue colors that make me go to the hospital
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Well, the red that is currently up has been very effective at keeping me away. This is the first I have been back since my last post. I voted. The suggestion of dark gold/yellow tones might bear investigation.

There is a reason I stay out of Char, too much red just sets me on edge and I get cranky. Now to go look at the tread about the portal colors, the red in the forums chased me out before I even tried to read that thread last time.

Bump? Devs? The poll is closed and a color won! :-)

------------------

Well, a player started the poll. I'm sure the poll was considered, but they decided to go back to the original color and fix the initial issue 'how to make links stand out'.

Post #1: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...l=1#post309081

"That issue could be solved by brightening the color a little, or adding a permanent underline." - The underline was the action they chose and decided against color change as it's too diffcult to find colors with the current background color scheme.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Well, a player started the poll. I'm sure the poll was considered, but they decided to go back to the original color and fix the initial issue 'how to make links stand out'.

Post #1: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...l=1#post309081

"That issue could be solved by brightening the color a little, or adding a permanent underline." - The underline was the action they chose and decided against color change as it's too diffcult to find colors with the current background color scheme.
    appreciated! I can clearly see links now and the colour is just fine as mentioned before

Thread Information