Thread: Tainted Essence....

Default Tainted Essence....

Think we could get a new form to make tainted essence from regular essence? If there is no other need then making tainted orbs from tainted essence then adding tainted orbs to the Essence Orb Enchantment formula so we can make them from regular orbs would work. This way wouldn't need to annoy others by killing the wisps especially when bugged and don't respawn.

Default Re: Tainted Essence....

Possibly better solution would be to have tainted residues in dim, pale, glowing, bright and shining versions.

Knossos

But when the spawn is bugged, I think the mobs just never spawn after a maintenance. If some are spawned, killing them should be ok.

The issue with that that might come up, is if they are a linked spawn. Then you have to know where the other spawn is, and go mine that one out after mining the first one out (The mobs/nodes start respawning a lot less frequently.) Over time (few hours) the linked spawns do rebalance themselves, as nodes will occasionally despawn and then respawn someplace else.

Even so would be nicer if had a way to gather/make tainted essence/orbs without having to kill and possibly interfere with ones trying to gather regular essence don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Even so would be nicer if had a way to gather/make tainted essence/orbs without having to kill and possibly interfere with ones trying to gather regular essence don't you think?
    Yeah, that can occasionally be an issue. But usually the players work together, one drains the wisp of good essence, kills it, the other follows behind harvesting the tainted.. And they respawn fast enough that it hasn't ever mattered except in the case of radiants, and theres no formulas requiring tainted radiant orbs that I am aware of.. I think the easiest to implement idea for the devs would be to unlink spawns in the places were wisps are linked. I know wisp isle isn't linked and you can kill those and they respawn faster than you can harvest them (last time I harvested tainted there anyway).

Dropping in a couple tainted poop piles wouldn't hurt I suppose, but it would annoy players looking for the regular piles. But putting some in in their own areas would be fine. Maybe around pools of acid, in completely different spots that the regular wisps. Give them a spawn animation (wishful thinging I know) where the wisp rises out of the acid pool, floats unevenly/drunkenly to just outside the pool, then falls to the ground and dies, becoming a tainted poop pile. And actually it could just be regular wisps, that are killed automatically by a small dot the acid pool puts on them as they spawn out of it. The wander for 3 to 5 seconds, then die all on their own! lol, I love it. Would only need 1 spot someplace for each tier, since the demand for tainted essence is very low.

Thread Information