Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racky's Ista Vids

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Racky's Ista Vids

I asked a few friends and they thought it was a good idea, so just thought I'd collect the videos I've made in the past into one place. I have no idea if I've ever shared all of them, but my general... "theme", I suppose, is ascension videos with an attempt at applying a story.

Since I can only do one embedded video a post, here's my newest one:

Thanks to Soli for the awesome advice on cameras! I actually made this around when he first wrote about it here in.. whatever thread that was, but it took me a literal year or more to finish it. I swapped computers in the middle so you might notice the aspect ratio change.

And now from newest to oldest:

This is Tomorrow, the story of Zikari:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joQy8SaYA0M

k'Lerten Alrauen, Teikera's ancient journey:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqyqZKzXRyg

And Journey, Teikera's adult journey:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4IWWzDVWk0

I also have some of my random things I've posted here in the past, like the Boom De Yada video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q0kULe5BmE
    And some other (probably embarrassing) crap if you dig through my channel.

Thoughts or whatnot are welcome. I honestly don't know what to expect in reply here since usually I only link my stuff to my friends. ^^; (Unless it's one of my thousands of attempts at NT tutorials that fail horribly for one reason or another. )

Default Re: Racky's Ista Vids

Niiice this looks pretty awesome Racktor. Really reminds me on Solitaires Fly Free or my FlyingFree XD. Giving a point on the camera controls im gonna do a tutorial video for that later .
    Btw how did you get the NPC`s to do emotes like bowing? I tried to ask someone who had that in his video buuut the explenation was so complicated i never got it right :P. Maybe you can explain it better? XD

Thanks! I was really inspired by Soli's Fly Free when I was new, but I never knew how to do any tricks with the camera until lately-ish.

The bowing and stuff is pretty simple. If you don't have granny viewer, you can make your life a bit easier by getting it here. You can use it to view the animations out of game without guessing what file name goes to what. (Alternatively, you can hunt through the "dragona_u_anim_standard.def", "dragona_u_emote.def", "dragona_u_anim_combat_h2h.def", and "dragona_u_anim_combat_h2h_special.def" in "resources\definitions\characters\dragona_u" to match up filenames, I think.)

Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\resources\characters\characters\drag onu_u\anim" or whichever species you need and select whichever animation file you want. For example, "dragon_u_drulkarswrath_hold_n_n.gr2" is the casting animation for Drulkar's Wrath. It looks like praying, in a way.

Say we want our dragons to pray.. for some reason! So let's copy-paste that file into our resources_override. I then rename it to "dragon_u_d_idle_n_n.gr2". This will override the dragon idle animation with that. So wherever you go, no matter who you see, if they are idle, they will be praying.

It can be a bit of a pain in the butt to get it right sometimes and it took a lot of relogging to mash stuff up for the videos. With the bowing in sync, a tip - slightly tap W to move yourself a millimeter. This will reset your animation to the start and let you time it with the NPC.

Hope that helps. I'll probably write a tutorial of some sort for the Granny Viewer thread on its own, but to use it, open the .exe and choose a head, wing, and body file from "resources\characters\characters\dragonu_u\mes h", the corresponding skeleton in the folder prior, and then an animation from the 'anim' folder. Under the "animation" tab you should see a little preview of it running - click there and you'll see it play in front of you.

Excellent Racktor, especially like the running and gliding, shows its a long journey not just a few fights a young hatchling has to go thru to adulthood. Was well paced and no single scene was overly long, all flowed together very well. Also the bowing and showing respect to Elders very nice. The passion of being a dragon is captured nicely. The pair of young dragons running on the beach and fighting together nice too. It just all seems as it should be with a lot of heart and feeling.

Very well done.

Thanks, Racktor! I had forgotten how much I enjoy watching RoP videos. Well done! Between you and Pryzm I'm really enjoying the creativity.

I was grinning when I saw how you made use of the bowing animations I made. Got me a tinge of jealousy too because when I made Fly Free I hadn't yet started work on the game. If I had, my video would have been full of custom one-off animations made just for specific scenes. I would have loved to animate the hermit pointing at my character's nose and make it look like he was saying, "Stay out of my lava pool!"

Interesting that you mentioned the Drulkar's Wrath casting animation. "Praying" is kind of what I was going for. Calling out to Drulkar. I'd forgotten all about even making that one.

There are a lot of settings in the ClientPrefs_Graphic.def file that you can tweak to get interesting changes to what you see. Like change your terrain load and unload distance to a higher number and move the fog distance out too. That can give you a view distance much further than what you can get in the client options. Just have to have a computer that can handle it, though. But it could give you some really nice high up in the air shots with the land spread out below. That would be awesome on a 4k monitor.

There are a couple of LoD (Level of Detail) settings in there that you can change so that the details of characters and textures remains high the further away they get. No blurring of the textures. Again, can come at the cost of performance.

thirdPersonFieldOfView is in an interesting one. Changing that will give you some warping and fish eye lens effects. Setting it to 170 will give some wild stretching of the world towards your character which is now far away from camera. 270 will turn the world upside down. Default is 90. You might be able to use this one as a macro to warp what you are filming within the game. Just have it steadily count up from 90 to whatever.

You can also set some of the settings on the camera to negative values. That can give you some interesting camera movements like it flying away from you until it reaches an extreme max which is very far away before it snaps back and repeats, usually at a different angle.

Setting firstPersonRotationSmoothingTension to a negative value, going into first person view then holding down mouselook will cause...nauseating sensations if you keep watching the screen. Default is 7. Try setting it to -.3, hold down mouselook and move your mouse in a diagonal direction then stop and keep holding the button. Not much will happen at first but I hope you have a strong stomach as the world starts to tumble. I just did it a moment ago to see if it still works and stared at the screen for about 10 seconds. Yeah. It does. And I don't feel all that good now... I can hear my character's footsteps so it must be moving. I have no clue what anyone standing nearby watching will see though.

And, as always, if anyone chooses to mess with the .def file please make a backup just in case.

Sorry for rambling on about camera controls in your video thread. They are really nice.

And I need to go close my eyes for a while. My head is still spinning....

Preeeetty interesting lets see what ill find with these settings hehe.
    Last edited by Pryzm; January 30th, 2016 at 05:26 PM.

Thank you, Smaug, and thanks/you're welcome, Soli!

I've actually tried a lot of those settings, funnily enough. I've just never really noticed a difference or I did them wrong. Recently, messing with those settings is sort of like talking to a brick wall though. The game keeps pulling back my view distance and graphic settings every 5 minutes or so to avoid crashing, but it's really driving me up the wall with trying to take a video. I can't keep a consistent scene if the view distance keeps pulling back on me.

thirdPersonFieldofView is trippy though, realllly trippy.. I remember messing with that and getting a headache. I think I posted a screenshot in some other thread a few years ago.

Out of curiosity though, I tried adjusting "firstPersonRotationSmoothingTension" to -.3 and it didn't do anything. o.o Well, using /setpref for that didn't do anything. Maybe I need to edit the def file itself.

Finally I finished the fan trailer I was working on for literal months. Not 100% how I wanted it to look and I'm not entirely satisfied, but I still like it! I hope you guys enjoy, too.

(Ty Ludwik for the dev raids, gives me the perfect clips for fighting back the Aegis <3)

Weeee I like it! Very impressive look and feel, I am sure some people will become interested on the game when viewing it

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Thats awesome
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

WOW Racky- makes me speechless-

You`re best!!!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Aw thanks! <3 I really do hope it helps draw a few people in Could always use more Gifted against the Aegis

And Lov, you're the best for helping to organise that epic hunt group! I got a lot of great footage from that

Apologies for the late reply xD

That trailer is amazing, almost professional in quality! Would be awesome if it was featured somewhere

Keep up the good work

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

posted it to my game blog, got 121 views as of now!

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/velveeta...e-i-am-excited
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thats awesome Racky ^^. You was faster in making a trailer for this game it seems :P. I`m planning one also but never got to start. This game offers so much content i just don`t really get to make videos XD. I first wanted to learn the complete control of awesome camera abilitys hehe. Say how do you fly sidewards in this video like at 1:04 surrounding the grand hall? It looks pretty interesting and awesome. Youre creating quite some good effects here. You say youre not statisfied yet? Might i suggest showing some epic spells like that tornado thingy? It`s time for a new trailer. The old one is pretty old atm. And now i vote for yours .

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Thank you guys for the compliments and thanks, Vel, for featuring it on your blog!

I'm surprised I was faster than you Pryzm, haha. It took me what... 3 or 4 months to finally get myself to finish this thing? :P Showing epic spells would've been a good idea, actually. I might've included Tornado in there but I also might've cut that clip out in the final version.
    As for the flying sideways in the grand hall, I just had my character sit on the center part and I spun the camera around him. In all of the video there, I'm actually in 3rd person, but I've used '/setpref developer true', right clicked my character, and turned off their shaders. So I'm completely invisible to myself. Though considering your videos showing off the Dragon Park, I think you figured that out.

I wouldn't have a problem if the devs were to use my video for really anything. I make them for fun - having them used for something or shown somewhere else is just an awesome bonus. They did post it in their Facebook page, which is sweet

OOOh okay i knew that developer thingy but not how to turn off the character itself. I know how to turn off the environmentsystem though hehe. Blackscreen yay :P. Anyway you were faster cuz i developed this whole camera control thingy not long ago when Solitaire contacted me about the dragon park videos how to make em look better. I want a trailer to come out really perfect if i make one. I`m pretty serious with that. So i decided to learn the camera controls as good as i can before i start that project. And since you made more like a game role-play based trailer i think im gonna focus more on advertising the comunity and craft/fight systems. Lets hope i make it as far as you on their FB page then would be an honor ^^. Just like you i make it for fun. But as a side effect you become really happy when they recognize it no? FlyingFree got added to the istaria lexica RoP page but thats player made hehe.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Talking bout player made, I've added it to Lexica's main page. *cheers* :-)

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Thanks Elt!

And Id say go for it, Pryzm! Id love to see what you could come up with ^^ And plus, practice makes perfect with camera controls Oh and of course its cool to be recognised, as well, i wont deny that I just love seeing peoples reactions, player or dev, too Inspires me to make more/do better

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor
    Oh and of course its cool to be recognised, as well, i wont deny that I just love seeing peoples reactions, player or dev, too Inspires me to make more/do better
    You say it! XD

Thread Information