Thread: Dual login?

Default Dual login?

I have 3 subscriptions, so I should be able to log in two or three at once. I saw on the support page that if you disabled the launcher closing down when launching the game, you could dual login, but when I do that, it says that running two instances of the game is not supported. I seem to recall doing that when I played before. Has it changed? Or is it because it's installed in Program Files that it won't let me?

I can make it work with two separate installation folders, but then prefs are messed up if I log in a character from the wrong installation folder so I would prefer it running from the same folder if possible.

Is there any way to make dual logging from one installation work on Win 8.1?

Default Re: Dual login?

Select "Troubleshoot" in the loading screen and disable "Display multiple processes Warning" and enable "Do Not Close After Launch", everything will be working fine then. I dual login since several years.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Ah, thank you! I had missed that you could disable that warning

you can use multiple logins, it might work ok. if you start crashing a lot, it means the multiple processes accessing the world cache files simultaneously caused one to crash. That happened to me until I made a second copy of the game. Play one toon from one copy, the other from the second. It's really easy to do.

If you have an Istaria folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria, make a new folder called Istaria2 in C:\Program Files (x86). Copy all the contents of Istaria into Istaria2, then make a new shortcut to C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria2\jlauncher.exe And call it Istaria2 on your desktop. Then you can easily play 2 copies and avoid the pitfalls that are the reason the game is warning you.

Yea, I had it working from two folders just fine for the last several days. I just didn't like having to keep synchronizing prefs.

The dual login works, but there's some wonkiness with the mouse that I haven't seen before. Not sure if it's related or not, but I'm going back to dual folders again to see if that clears it up.

ahh yeah i remember the mouse/camera spin issues years ago. if there is "spin" or movement or whatever going on (with the mouse cursor) at the moment you tab out of one copy of the game, it thinks the rotation should still be happening and the camera/character can spin. I think I just hit L to lock the camera, click out and back into the game, and then unlock camera and its back to normal.

This can actually happen with a single instance of the game in windowed mode also. But it's not very common, but clicking back and forth between 2 games and it's more likely since you are giving it more chances to happen. something about the mouse cursor/camera control at the moment the game looses focus. If there's movement going on when mouse looses focus, it keeps the movement going (or it used to anyway).

No, the problem isn't the spin - I remember that from years ago and remembered how to fix it.

The problem I'm having is that the mouse either pans down under the character and looks straight up or pans up over the character and looks straight down. It happens frequently when I am trying to steer a running character with the right mouse button and it just started today when I tried the dual login. However, going back to the 2-folder login didn't fix it

I like steering characters with a mouse toggle button. I personally use middle mouse button (press/click the mouse wheel).

Click once and mouse cursor disappears and mouse is controlling the direction and panning. Click again and mouse works normally again.

Thats under Options, Key bindings - Mouse Look (Toggle) . There is a default key defined, I'm not sure what it is, I want to say Key Pad 9. But you can set two keys for any key binding in game. You might like that.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I am so used to the right mouse button, I'd be lost without it. I'm just not sure what caused this mouse error to happen all of a sudden. It's very annoying

Thread Information