Thread: BRAND new player.

Red face BRAND new player.

Hello!

I'd like to start off in saying that I'm currently downloading/installing the game and haven't done -anything-.

First and formost... Hi! I came across this game almost on accident by randomly searching Wikipedia for Dragon related games. Saw this, looked on the website a bit, and decided i should give it a go!

I've got a few questions.. The most important being ROLEPLAY. Does it exist here? Is it popular? What realm, or I suppose "Shard" would be the best to go onto? Role play is my bread and butter, and something I enjoy immensely.

As a free(For now) player, do I have access to the Dragon race?

I've so many more questions and such to ask, but I don't wish to write a book. I look forward to responses, and maybe even some connections to potential people to help me along!

Default Re: BRAND new player.

Hey there! Welcome to Istaria.

Roleplay definitely exists, and the Order Shard is the server dedicated to it. It has a smaller community than Chaos, but if you're looking for RP, you're definitely more likely to find it there.

As a free player, you can have a dragon character! I believe the level limit is 15 for dragons, so you'll be able to experience most of the starting areas. You won't be able to fly until completing the Rite of Passage, which has a minimum level requirement of 30 among other factors, so you will have to subscribe in the future if you wish to ascend to an adult.

Hope you have fun in the game!

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Order, then... Hmm. Alright. Is that where you are? Starting a new MMO is very intimidating, especially when I literally have NO friends coming with.

Level 15 is the cap for free? What's the normal cap?

Quote Originally Posted by ExTeRnAlErRoR View Post
    Order, then... Hmm. Alright. Is that where you are? Starting a new MMO is very intimidating, especially when I literally have NO friends coming with.

Level 15 is the cap for free? What's the normal cap?
    Normal cap is 100, and 15 is the lvl cap for free dragons, free bipeds have a lvl cap of 10 per school.

100? Nice. I do like games with higher level caps. Sounds like I should eventually sub, then.

Though with the Dragon... how is the leveling experience? Gear? Gold, that sort of thing. The same as the other races?

100? Nice. I do like games with higher level caps. Sounds like I should eventually sub, then.

Though with the Dragon... how is the leveling experience? Gear? Gold, that sort of thing. The same as the other races?
    For dragons the overall leveling experience is actually pretty easy, every 10 levels you get quests to upgrade certain abilities which give a nice bit of experience...and actually that will most likely be 80% of your leveling.

Gear in istaria is a nice little thing in that it has to be crafted by the players, (that being said, dragons have 3 craft schools, dragon crafter, which is your basic school, lairshaper, which is used for dragon player housing and crystalshaper, which can create nice buffing crystals, you can level all these schools on a single character and switch whenever you want wihout losing levels or anything (so you can switch from lvl 40 dragon crafter to say, level 10 lairshaper and back again.)

If you aren't interested in making your own gear, there's usually someone in the marketplace chat channel that can help you out.

Gold can be a tiny bit annoying, but it's not too hard to make, whilst fighting monsters you can loot what is known as "junk loot" (broken bones, animal hides, etc.) which can be sold to Rhagool/Rhahool in New Trismus (training island) and Bristugo for a nice bit of coin.

Dragons have the added resource of "Hoard" which they can get from pretty much everything (as long as it has a hoard value in the description, a dragon can hoard it by right click->hoard), hoard is used for several abilities, as well as providing some passive boosts to armour and breath ability. it's also a requirement to start RoP to become an adult dragon and (I think) ARoP too for ancient.
    ___
    Bipeds are a bit different, they have a lot bigger roster of schools to choose and mix'n'mingle with, remember, you can take any school, switch to another, and then switch back with no losses, and it can be done as much as you want. Both Adventure and Crafting wise bipeds have a lot more content than dragons, but they also require a much larger amount of grinding.

Gear for bipeds is also a bit different, while dragons only needs 1 craft school to make their gear (dragon crafter) Bipeds can use a multitude for various pieces: Armorer and Outfitter for Armour, Weaponcrafter and Blacksmith for Weapons (blacksmith for tools for other craft classes), Jeweler for Jewelry.

Gold can be a slightly bigger problem for bipeds because of their larger amount of gear, but usually if someone in marketplace is willing to make your gear, they're willing to do it for free as long as you provide the appropriate materials. Still, formula costs can easily rack up if you level a lot of craft schools.

As they have no use for Hoard Items (which are items that drop from monsters with no other use than hoarding), those can also be sold to the Junk Brokers Rhagool and Rhahool.

Think I covered most of it there..

I can't thank you enough for the in depth description. Not only did it help me understand things a bit better, but it sparked the excitement of playing tenfold. Still a few questions on my mind, but they're fairly minimal and not all that important. :3

Now it's a waiting game for Istaria to download. Lol

I can't thank you enough for the in depth description. Not only did it help me understand things a bit better, but it sparked the excitement of playing tenfold. Still a few questions on my mind, but they're fairly minimal and not all that important. :3

Now it's a waiting game for Istaria to download. Lol
    if you ever see Clusterflap, Ssilky or Sirna in the Marketplace channel on Order, that's me, so feel free to throw me any additional questions you might have when you get in game. ^^

Welcome home. Hope you find life on Order as enjoyable as I have over the years. Feel free to interact with Teto or Lexun or Reficul in character or out of character if we cross paths.

Sorry for the late response, but it seems meepsa answered most of your questions! I personally prefer Chaos due to the more abundant playerbase, makes things a bit less difficult when you're looking for people to help with quests or just chat with. I have characters on both shards, though. ^^

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Finally got it all in order. Bassilth Avrae is my character name. I looked around and saw a few people with last names for Dragons, so hopefully it's lore appropriate. :3

Welcome :-)

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Thread Information