Thread: My on again, off again relationship

Blog Entries

Default My on again, off again relationship

I really do have an on again, off again relationship with this game. I swear. XD Hot and cold, like that freakin' Katy Perry song.

Anyways, I am thinking about coming back (again), as things financially are looking a little more solid and my life is getting back into some semblance of order (it was a tad shaky town there). I still wanted to do a Let's Play of Istaria (that kinda feel under on my first attempt), and want to get back to supporting this beautiful game--- probably because Black Desert Online has me rethinking about this game lol.

It is some what humors to me that at the time of this game's creation, the world wasn't ready for it and it wasn't accepted, but now, people are scrapping and scraping around trying to find games LIKE this one, so its my other reason to return. I want to help out, in some way, to see this game get its second wind when that Unreal Engine is added to it, and I know that can only be done with us supporting the game financially. The more of us there are, the more money the devs have to play with.

That said, I'm trying to remember what Istaria's stand on is with new accounts. As I have my old account that I created ages ago that has Ulharisk on it (some of you maybe remember him and I know there was like... some odd rumors attached to me, or something), but I'd like to start a fresh account, since I can only really afford the 10 dollars a month right now (though wish that version had a 3-6 month plan instead of the 14 one), would this be a problem or is this an okay thing?

Hope to see you guys real soon.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: My on again, off again relationship

Quote Originally Posted by neva View Post
    That said, I'm trying to remember what Istaria's stand on is with new accounts. As I have my old account that I created ages ago that has Ulharisk on it (some of you maybe remember him and I know there was like... some odd rumors attached to me, or something), but I'd like to start a fresh account, since I can only really afford the 10 dollars a month right now (though wish that version had a 3-6 month plan instead of the 14 one), would this be a problem or is this an okay thing?.
    I do remember that name, though never knew anything attached to it, really. I'm not sure if the devs would be super happy about you creating a new account and would probably prefer you just use your old one.

What was wrong with your old one that you can't choose the normal subscription, anyway? As long as you have no plots and less than or equal to five characters, you should be able to get the $10/mo sub. If you don't want to be associated with your old character anymore, you could also archive him or delete him. (Archiving makes him unavailable to play and does not count towards your account total, but he still exists in the database)

Either way, a let's play would be interesting to see, though I'd suggest you should probably cut out parts where you're killing mob after mob after mob or when you're grinding craft. You'd probably lose some interest if you just showed your character digging, haha.

Blog Entries

Default Re: My on again, off again relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I do remember that name, though never knew anything attached to it, really. I'm not sure if the devs would be super happy about you creating a new account and would probably prefer you just use your old one.

What was wrong with your old one that you can't choose the normal subscription, anyway? As long as you have no plots and less than or equal to five characters, you should be able to get the $10/mo sub. If you don't want to be associated with your old character anymore, you could also archive him or delete him. (Archiving makes him unavailable to play and does not count towards your account total, but he still exists in the database)

Either way, a let's play would be interesting to see, though I'd suggest you should probably cut out parts where you're killing mob after mob after mob or when you're grinding craft. You'd probably lose some interest if you just showed your character digging, haha.
    I think if I remember right, I do have more than five and if I also remember I couldn't delete 2 of them due to guild access reasons, or something like that, though that was back when humans were f2p and everything else was blocked off, so I'll go poke my account again and see what I can clear up.

I also know I came back for a short time also, cause I tried the livestream thing and then dropped off cause financial stuff. Ah life, you are the bane of gaming. XD But yeah, I'll check into that cause I didn't even know archiving was a thing.

Thread Information