Thread: Old Dragon Texture Bugs

Question Old Dragon Texture Bugs

I was wondering if those old Dragon texture bugs will be ever fixed ?
    I know there were mods fixing them but still it would have been nice if it was fixed without using mods.

I mean this :

Default Re: Old Dragon Texture Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Mitar View Post
    I was wondering if those old Dragon texture bugs will be ever fixed ?
    I know there were mods fixing them but still it would have been nice if it was fixed without using mods.

I mean this :

Neck slit isn't a texture bug, unless you mean that the chest scales don't continue on to the chin. it's actually a model bug which makes it a teeeeeeeeeeensy (a lot) harder to fix.

I actually didn't know of the teeth on fins bug heh.

It depends which server board I think is which.

That random floating tooth is.. very random. I've never seen that even though I have your head shape on my main.

As Meepsa said, the neck slit is a model bug that's been on queue to be fixed forever iirc. But if you mean your neck chestplates being a different color than your throat ones, that's not a bug - your actual chestplates don't reach your throat. The ones in that throat patch are actually from your base texture itself and therefore aren't colored.

I think the head fins is a UV map issue, but the mod that fixed it probably just extended the texture itself a little to meet up at the ends. Are you referring to the original white teeth and horns mod? i know that fixed some floating textures

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    That random floating tooth is.. very random. I've never seen that even though I have your head shape on my main.
    Chmmm I see it very often.

As Meepsa said, the neck slit is a model bug that's been on queue to be fixed forever iirc. But if you mean your neck chestplates being a different color than your throat ones, that's not a bug - your actual chestplates don't reach your throat. The ones in that throat patch are actually from your base texture itself and therefore aren't colored.
    I ment neck slit of course.

I think the head fins is a UV map issue, but the mod that fixed it probably just extended the texture itself a little to meet up at the ends. Are you referring to the original white teeth and horns mod? i know that fixed some floating textures
    Chmmm I just found old mod on my hdd that fixes all 3 issues.
    One problem with it is that it breaks the white T&C.

https://mega.nz/#!EFYGlR5S!NupJGuccK...SPHWk905D1Xze0

Theres also an empty gap on the neck/head space on the serpent and kinda also on the rex head which is very ugly looking..

It depends which server board I think is which.

Top left: That's a model UV mapping issue. It can be fixed, but I've no idea where that is in the priorities list. I do ask - are you using the original ancient mod? That issue could've been fixed a while back but it wouldn't apply to the original ancients, as all their models are overwritten. If not, then disregard me here. (I use that mod too so I've no idea if it was fixed or not over the years)
    Top right: Not sure what you're trying to show? If you mean the fact the fins disappear head on, that's just able to be fixed. The fins are a 2D stripe that go down the back and are textured.
    Bottom left: Same issue as Mitar, UV mapping.
    Bottom right: Next slit, that's the model issue mentioned earlier.

All of those should be able to be fixed (except your top right image, unless i interperted it wrong) but I don't know if they will be any time soon... though I imagine they'd be on the to-do list somewhere among other minor issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitar View Post
    Chmmm I just found old mod on my hdd that fixes all 3 issues.
    One problem with it is that it breaks the white T&C.

https://mega.nz/#!EFYGlR5S!NupJGuccK...SPHWk905D1Xze0
    That mod seems to be the original ancient mod mixed with the hi-rez heads mod. There's no texture files in there, only models and definition files. The def files only differ from the original ones by deleting any reference to M4, M3, M2, and M1 models. 'm<number>' refers to the quality, with 0 as the highest and 4 as the lowest level. I'd have to look in-game for the models.

I have 0 idea why it breaks the white TnC. Cobal's old white TnC mod is only textures, not models. The new TnC would make even less sense to be broken by that, too... huh.

In my earlier post I said that the mod I posted link to, is fixing all 3 issues, unfortunately the hole on top of head still exists.
    Does anyone have any mod that fixes that hole on top of head ?

Thread Information