Thread: Piercing Winds Tech kit not working [resolved]

Default Piercing Winds Tech kit not working [resolved]

I applied a kit to one of my Priceless Conqueror wings and tested it out. Supposed to reduce recycle by 25% and a +25 to damage. Galewinds recycle time is 60 seconds with or without the wing on and damage while a bit harder to test did not seem to be any better either way. I then applied a kit to the other wing thinking maybe only worked if on both. Again no change in recycle time or damage.

Do the kits not work on Priceless wings? Did I just waste two kits and two tech slots?

Default Re: Piercing Winds Tech kit not working

The damage is added before delay is taken into account and will be hard to test because of the gaussian curve applied to all damage. That is, you would be hard-pressed to see the increase directly like you might expect.

I would suspect the issue is that the display isn't being adjusted for the delay-mod, but I've asked the tech team to look into it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

i actually used a timer to check it, get no differance with wings on or off

Also does it have to be on both wings or did i just waste a kit and tech slot putting it on both?

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    i actually used a timer to check it, get no differance with wings on or off

Also does it have to be on both wings or did i just waste a kit and tech slot putting it on both?
    It doesn't have to be on both wings.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I have noticed the same thing actualy, was wondering if it was just me or what but theres no difference with ot without the tech.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    It doesn't have to be on both wings.
    Wait so it actually has no use if you do it on both wings you just need one and the second doesnt add anything?

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pryzm View Post
    Wait so it actually has no use if you do it on both wings you just need one and the second doesnt add anything?
    it seems the first one doesn't do anything either, I do believe they're supposed to stack though.

(At work) I can't remember which it is supposed to modify: recycle or delay?

Remember that if it modifies delay, that will be harder to measure.

Delay is how fast the ability casts + how soon you can use your next ability. To measure this you would need to use Galewind and immediately follow it with some other attack, and measure the time between starting to cast galewind and when the second attack can be started... like I said, this one is tougher to see. You also have to be careful if you have other items on which modify delay (Bard's Tail iirc also modifies spell delay by 5%, and the game might be treating Galewind like a spell).

Recycle is the timer between re-using the same ability. Recycle is much easier to see, since you can hover over the hotkey to the ability, and should see the time until next cast, just after using it, reflect maybe a second of time to cast it, and then see a bigger jump downwards in the time remaining until next use.

Thinking more about Galewind though.. for these techs to be worth using up a full tech slot on, they should really give a massive boost to Galewind damage. Like double it's damage output. Or, just give a smaller + to damage across the board.

Galewind is one of those abilities I rarely (practically never) use because the delay is too long and the damage is lackluster. I think it's aoe now, but I still don't use it. If it had good aoe damage, I might press it more often.

Give it a big damage bump plus a hoard cost

Description says "+25 DPS and 25% Improvement to Recycle to Galewind".

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    it seems the first one doesn't do anything either, I do believe they're supposed to stack though.
    I hope so. I have the tecs on both wings. Would be senseless if they don`t stack. Cuz if they don`t id like to put another tec on that wing :P.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

There was a minor bug that was preventing this tech kit from working correctly (possibly other unknown items setup similarly). Sim code has been updated but won't take effect until next server reboot (Tues for the Live Shards).
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I tried with two teched scales, and at least the recycle reduction part seems to be working even without server reboot. I now see recycle going from 1:00 to 0:30.

Thread Information