Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Crafting

Default Dragon Crafting

Hello folks, I'm having a bit of confusion with some stuff about Dragon Crafting classes and stats.

At first, each level from Dragon Crafting does give x status (Quarring, Mining, Scalecrafting..), I have seen in Istaria Lexica and Wiki that each level from Dragon Lairshaping and Dragon Crystalshaping, does give similar x statuses per level. Tho I have 100 Dragon Crafting, but I began to level Lairshaping and Crystalsgaping aswell. Per each level from LSH and CRS I don't see any improvement on status.

Thus I'm here asking for explanation wheter I understood it in a wrong way but, should'nt each level from LSH and CRS give more quarring, health, and stuff like that?

If not, then how can dragons process T6 fairly in a good way? I use T6 V teched scales with Quarring, Mining but gathering T6 is fairly slow and hard..

Explanation please? I might be just missing something.

Default Re: Dragon Crafting

No you only get the skill points from one school, whichever would give you highest total. So for Lairshaping, since it looks like both schools give the same amount of points per level, you would not see any points being added until your lairshaping was higher then your dragoncrafting level.

Only thing you can do additionally if your got best scales you can make for what your gathering is using reaping potions and buffs and a tool claw with cogs.

I see. But isn't it a little unfair for Bipeds to be able to gather T6 faster than a fully buffed and maxed scales 100 Dragon?

They should add a bit more to gathering for Dragons, since they have only 700 base at 100 crafter on mining, quarring, essence harvesting. The processing of materials isnšt that mutch of an issue but, the other day I was gathering Radiant Essence with T6 V teched essence shaping/harvesting scales, with reaping potion and tool with radiant spellcrafters cog. I only reached like 1050/1100 on harvesting, and in 3 runs I only gathered 4500 essence, and a 100 Ped I was gathering with, got in 3 runs over 6000, which is significately more. In the end we began at the same time, and I got only 8000 and she had already gathered over 15000..

I see it a little unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazo View Post
    I see. But isn't it a little unfair for Bipeds to be able to gather T6 faster than a fully buffed and maxed scales 100 Dragon?

They should add a bit more to gathering for Dragons, since they have only 700 base at 100 crafter on mining, quarring, essence harvesting. The processing of materials isnšt that mutch of an issue but, the other day I was gathering Radiant Essence with T6 V teched essence shaping/harvesting scales, with reaping potion and tool with radiant spellcrafters cog. I only reached like 1050/1100 on harvesting, and in 3 runs I only gathered 4500 essence, and a 100 Ped I was gathering with, got in 3 runs over 6000, which is significately more. In the end we began at the same time, and I got only 8000 and she had already gathered over 15000..

I see it a little unfair.
    Peds need to lvl multiple classes before they can actually do anything with those mats, the reason DCRA has such a mixed bag of stats is because its a jack of all trades class.

I understand but, since peds have various crafting schools to level to get to where they are, shouldnt LSH and CRS give even if so just a few points all together when being leveled?

Like, its about 7 points per level for Quarrying lets say for DCRA, why not alloweing adding at least 1 or 2 points per DLSH and DCRS?
    They are also crafting schools like peds have and level the same way per say.

Lairshapers and crystalshaper aren't masters of gathering, they are more focused on their finishing skills.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

We'd need a dragon gatherer class to get the same gathering capability as bipeds do for that to be fair... and believe me, Miner and Gatherer are boooooring to level. Though I wouldn't complain if we did get a dragon gatherer class ;D

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    Though I wouldn't complain if we did get a dragon gatherer class ;D
    That's a pretty good idea! Maybe get a Dragon Gatherer, Dragon Scalecrafter or maybe even a Dragon Spellcrafter would do good.

But I'm absolutely up for the idea for a Dragon Gatherer to boost up base gathering skills.

I don't think anyone mentioned here to make sure you have done all the craft mastery quests, they add to your skill.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

I did all each tier I reached. I have 934 Quarry and Mine without gathering scales/tool claw nor potions, which is low.

I would like Devs to add Dragons te ability to somewhat rise more the gathering skills like Bipeds can do. They gather faster because of the gatherer/miner/etc.. multiclassing they rise. Dragons don't have this chance to do so, either make a gathering class for them or allow LSH and CRS to give stats too.

Although bipeds may have higher mining/quarrying skills - after grinding very tedious schools - they have to walk while dragons can fly cross country.
    Every race has it's own benefits or drawbacks.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Dragons can fly, bipeds can use cargo armor and carry almost twice than Dragons can, can tech more armor pieces than Dragon have armor scales and can have running bufs or again armor.

I see it kinda balanced.

I am with Sigi here!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Dragons can fly, bipeds can use cargo armor and carry almost twice than Dragons can, can tech more armor pieces than Dragon have armor scales and can have running bufs or again armor.
    You are wrong here in many things. I've dragons aswell as a high rated biped. Dragons can have every tech on each scale, dragons have got one more (usable) crystal slot (bipeds only with a shield). The scales come with benefits to str/foc/pow/dex which bipeds need jewelry for that task. Bipeds have got more pieces to wear that's true, but it's limited in many ways which tech can be used on which piece.
    An Ancient Dragon carries the same amount (without wearing cargo armor!) as a biped which needs cargo armor.
    A biped needs to level gatherer and miner to really get this skills up, and it's no fun, maybe VI might add a mining type school for dragons, so dragon only players get to know how long it takes and how boring it is to raise miner.
    Last edited by Terao; April 14th, 2016 at 05:46 PM.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    You are wrong here in many things. I've dragons aswell as a high rated biped. Dragons can have every tech on each scale, dragons have got one more (usable) crystal slot (bipeds only with a shield). The scales come with benefits to str/foc/pow/dex which bipeds need jewelry for that task. Bipeds have got more pieces to wear that's true, but it's limited in many ways which tech can be used on which piece.
    An Ancient Dragon carries the same amount (without wearing cargo armor!) as a biped which needs cargo armor.
    A biped needs to level gatherer and miner to really get this skills up, and it's no fun, maybe VI might add a mining type school for dragons, so dragon only players get to know how long it takes and how boring it is to raise miner.
    I'm all for giving dragons a miner/gatherer-esque school, but not for giving them bonus points to their current ones.

Terao describes most of my reasons as to why, dragons players, as it currently is, are playing an insanely easier version of the game. especially early-game, it's only late-game that the field evens out a bit in slight favour of bipeds.

just some digits

Dragon: 5400 bulk (using nothing!)
    Biped: 5100 bulk (using T5 cargo and T6 satchel, no crystal)
    Dragon: 700 base, 1197 current mining skill (using scale set teched with mining V, T6 dragon gatherer's cog, dragon only buffs - no potion)
    Biped: 1100 base, 1500 current mining skill (everything teched with mining V where possible, all stats/schools maxed, self buffs - no potion)
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I understand now. Thank you for the thorough explanation. I have very scase knowledge about Bipeds, but I am on my road to learn about them.

I am still suggesting a Dragon Miner/Gatherer-esque school like Meep has called it.

More stuff to do with Dragons once maxed.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I am still suggesting a Dragon Miner/Gatherer-esque school like Meep has called it.
    This was suggested before and I believe Amon responded along the lines of, simply said, 'most likely no'. He believed the schools are extremely boring and add little to the game's depth beyond sticking extra skill points into mining/gathering.

He also didn't think it was a good idea to give dragons more skill points in general, since they're just jacks of all trades. It's a double-edged sword.

(If I misquoted/misinterpreted you here, Amon, go ahead and correct me!)

I suppose t6 craft techs would be nice for a gathering boost, though..? Maybe just t6 gathering techs. Makes you work for the bonus and not just get an 'i win' boost or a '20 million year trek to get this school done' experience.

If the Devs don't want to add a "boring" to level school, why there is so mutch gathering plain boring schools for bipeds? I mean, I know Dragons are just like a mish mash of everything together and stuff, but theres only 4 things one can level up with dragon.

Somethig that may be interpreted by someone as "boring" may be fun for someone. I considered crafting boring at first, never got into it. And it kinda is still, but LSH is fun. CRS is boring but its there too. Some hate plain CRA, some love it.

It depends on the likings of each person, why not open some sort of a pool to vote for porssible suggestions?

It depends which server board I think is which.

The gathering schools for peds were there at launch and were part of the original design - there are only 2 devs today that also worked back then. It mightve not been their idea.

As for boring is subjuctive, yes, it is. iI find DCRS awfully fun because it combines adventure and crafting. Leveling it is boring, though.

However, whether something adds much to the game isnt as subjective - a crafting school meant purely for gathering doesnt add any decent content. Its just another grind and considering the sheer amount of anti-craft players, i doubt many people would be happy.

Adding DCRS added a new zone, a bunch of new lore, and edible crystals. The devs dont want to 'waste' time implementing a school that would bejust a grindfest and be likely largrly unwanted

Thread Information