Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon Crafting

Default Re: Dragon Crafting

I think those who would find them boring can choose to not lv them? Id like to lv dragon gatherer.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

It depends which server board I think is which.

The point isnt that its boring; as I said, boring is subjective. The point is that it adds nothing to gameplay except the ability to gather resources faster. I realise I claimed it boring before and I revise that now to be clearer.

The Fiery Rift added lots of lore and quests, NTs demise added lots of low-level quests; Dragon Gatherer would essentially be a long-winded stat boost. The payout in content simply wouldnt be worth the time of the devs and that is a major reason why its unlikely to be considered.

What is the point of adding a crafting school that potentially adds an unessasary grind and bloat to the game? This is especially the case for a gathering only school, unless the way one gathers the nodes is overhalled

I really don't think adding a gatherer/miner school will change anything. The fact like other people have said it will just add to the grind, if there is a new crafting school it should have some fun lore and quests but also use a new skill that requires the stats of gatherer and miner to be increased to fit in with the new skill. The fact is adding a gatherer/miner school might not fix the problem and it might make things unbalanced because there is that possibility or some untended consequences.

In addition, a bit of the crafting skills are getting a minor boost in the upcoming delta cause of the increase of strength and power by 100 points. Although with the incoming minor boost cause of the new deltas I really don't think a new gatherer/miner school is all that necessary to be honest and I think it's better to wait till after the deltas come to live shards.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; April 15th, 2016 at 03:48 PM.

In addition, a bit of the crafting skills are getting a minor boost in the upcoming delta cause of the increase of strength and power by 100 points. Although with the incoming minor boost cause of the new deltas I really don't think a new gatherer/miner school is all that necessary to be honest and I think it's better to wait till after the deltas come to live shards.
    It's an -extremely- minor boost to crafting - I tested it and putting on two strength based scales (50 str each, 25 dex each) I gained 8 mining. That's nowhere near what would be needed.

I'm all for t6 gathering techs, though. Seems to be the simplest/easiest way to solve the problem

Although bipeds may have higher mining/quarrying skills - after grinding very tedious schools - they have to walk while dragons can fly cross country.
    Every race has it's own benefits or drawbacks.
    My biped moves nearly twice as fast (or more) as my dragon flying does, not even using the easy to acquire quickstep potion or the slightly more difficult (actually looking at the craft mats needed, I'd rather make Nesia's than a quickstep xD) Nesia's draught.

t6 dragon cargo disk also gives -50 fly speed, biped is -35 walk
    In short, the benefits and drawbacks may be slightly out of balance, if not more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    just some digits

Dragon: 5400 bulk (using nothing!)
    Biped: 5100 bulk (using T5 cargo and T6 satchel, no crystal)
    Dragon: 700 base, 1197 current mining skill (using scale set teched with mining V, T6 dragon gatherer's cog, dragon only buffs - no potion)
    Biped: 1100 base, 1500 current mining skill (everything teched with mining V where possible, all stats/schools maxed, self buffs - no potion)
    If Dragons had a miner and gatherer school, using Terao's numbers, The base mining skill for example would hit 1000, assuming the school gave 10 mining/level (which is still 1 point less per level than the biped school gives). A gain of 300 skill that would bring current skill to 1497, just 3 points shy of what the biped miner gets. That's nothing to sneeze at, for those saying it wouldn't add much.

I suggested recently that these schools could be added, and each could give additional stats so that dragons would have something they could multiclass in a sense to improve their characters. So if the miner school gave 10 str/level, it would also benefit melee fighters. The Gatherer school could give 10 power/level. End result would only add 120 strength, 120 power. But it's something.

Who cares if they are boring, we would do them for the other benefits. The exact same reason I leveled many of those schools on my bipeds. That were boring to level. For the mastered passives and other benefits. Some schools leveled in the 90's just to master 1 new ability...

There are no plans to add new Dragon schools solely for mining and gathering.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There are no plans to add new Dragon schools solely for mining and gathering.
    Well there we have it. It would have been fun.

Can you at least reajust the added points for basic gathering on Dragon Crafting from 700 base which is kinda low to at least 900?

Or T6 scales or something that would significately boost the gathering?

Im not quite sure what is the max Mining and max Quarrying but im pretty sure my rate of mining and quarrying is good with my craft scales, tool claw and the potions. As for organic resources they aren`t needed by dragons themselves somewhere really often so you just ask a ped if you need something (Or make one yorself). So far dragons are pretty unique in their schools and i wouldn`t want em to become a copy of the nakas more and more by adding those schools. Let`s just say i come around with what i have . But i wouldn`t say no to lift the base up to 900 as suggested by Shazo ^^

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Thread Information