Thread: Make Sacks and Satchels tintable

Default Make Sacks and Satchels tintable

Most of the wearables are tintable from armor till weapons, I'd like this option for the sacks and satchels too.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Make Sacks and Satchels tintable

+1 if it can be done.

Seems like in the past, was something about them being containers that made dyeing them not work. But I might be remembering that wrong.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I think it's very likely possible. Dyeable items are all red in your files because of the way the game applies tints and color. If the sack and satchel icons were made to be "tintable" icons, then they'd be good to go. Looking at \Istaria\resources\interface\icons\containers, all of those are red and tintable, so I don't see why it can't be done. Probably a matter of checking a box, really

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I think it's very likely possible. Dyeable items are all red in your files because of the way the game applies tints and color. If the sack and satchel icons were made to be "tintable" icons, then they'd be good to go. Looking at \Istaria\resources\interface\icons\containers, all of those are red and tintable, so I don't see why it can't be done. Probably a matter of checking a box, really
    I do believe they are talking about the actual model rather than the icon (though icons would most likely need it too to match the dye), for the model most likely a grayscale texture would have to be made which is no problem (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it uses that currently), and the proper .def files would have to be applied as well for the dyes to apply the right tint.

Blight Delta 208/September 2011 Content Update state that Weapon and Tool Dye Kits can now be applied to satchels (No reference to Sacks). This would apply to the Chroma-based kits. I find no reference to the Weapon and Tool Dyes being made applicable to Satchels (or Sacks) at item creation, but it would appear that these items may have been omited by oversight in the November 2011 Content update in which the Weapon and Tool Dyes were introduced.

Knossos

Good find Knossos! I did try it and the Weapon and Tool dye kits really works on satchels but not for sacks, would be great if the kits would work for sacks too.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    Good find Knossos! I did try it and the Weapon and Tool dye kits really works on satchels but not for sacks, would be great if the kits would work for sacks too.
    oh yes indeed ... colour co-ordination is your friend...
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Looks like sacks can be dyed too after Delta goes live
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    Looks like sacks can be dyed too after Delta goes live
    I take it the sacks and satchels will need to be remade again with more techs to add dye on creation? I tried using an armour dye kit on a sack for one of my craft sets to get it to match but says invalid. Would be nice to be able to use a kit to save having to regather comps for a new sack for each craft set.

You need Weapon and Tool Dye Kits do dye the sacks and satchels.

Ok thanks. Can they be dyed on creation with standard dyes much like weapon and tools can? Just incase I dont have the exact chroma to match my sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Qetesh View Post
    Ok thanks. Can they be dyed on creation with standard dyes much like weapon and tools can? Just incase I dont have the exact chroma to match my sets.
    Correct, the weapon and dye tool kit techs will appear in the available techniques window (click image to enlarge).

Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I'd like to also put a shout in for different coloured biped ''Disk'' tiers related to build .. so Travertine = light copper/trav slab etc .. also Expert / Jjman / Beginner shops different tints .. ie Beginner = lighter than current / Jman same as now / Expert = darker etc ? .. just a finer detail for variety, looks and achievement ..
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.

Are you referring to their basic appearance? Not being tintable after creating or anything, right?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Are you referring to their basic appearance? Not being tintable after creating or anything, right?
    yes indeed .. if artwork fittable into busy schedule etc .. keep it as an achievement recognition rather than tintable..

Thread Information