Thread: playable as f2p?

Question playable as f2p?

have alot things what i can to do as f2p or must sub like in swtor for full game acces like run dungs raids farm mobs and another pve runs anyway im new and im disappointed that have low lv cap and cant have own lair

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: playable as f2p?

(Just going to say I'm sorry if I misunderstood you here...)

Istaria has to be P2P because it cannot survive otherwise. With such a low playerbase, it can't support itself off of simple "premium subs" or microtransactions like modern day F2P MMOs can. Servers cost money and so do the time of the people working on it. If Istaria goes F2P as it is now, it's essentially a death sentence for the game.

So, sadly, Istaria must stay P2P. It can't match modern day games simply because its playerbase is too small. (And going F2P isn't going to magically attract a bunch of players, either, though I wish it would; the graphics and gameplay also turn away a lot of the current crowd.)

and isnt here pay once to play option? like in eso

No, there isn't; there aren't enough new people coming in to support that option, either, unfortunately.

ok so i go play back dragons dogma online but ty anyway

I'm sorry to hear you don't want to stick around. Istaria is an old-school MMORPG that began with a subscription and we have made a choice not to pursue the f2p (item-mall) style of gameplay. Converting an existing game to that style often alienates many of your existing players and you also need a lot of advertising and word of mouth to make the influx of players successful during and after the conversion.

We do offer the capability to play any race free to level 40 and to experience quite a bit of content (hundreds of quests are available in those 40 levels) as well as the full myriad of classes available to bipeds. However, for Dragons, we do limit it to a point before you can ascend and gain flight and, as noted, we do restrict plot ownership to those who pay.

However, please understand that flying Dragons, end-game content, and plot building/ownership are the key components of the game and without an item-mall we do need to pay the bills to keep the game running.

That said, we also offer a cheaper option if you want to play a Dragon and gain flight or even level a character up and experience the end-game content. The Basic subscription at $9.99 a month is a good choice unless you want to own a plot.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    We do offer the capability to play any race free to level 40 and to experience quite a bit of content (hundreds of quests are available in those 40 levels) as well as the full myriad of classes available to bipeds. However, for Dragons, we do limit it to a point before you can ascend and gain flight and, as noted, we do restrict plot ownership to those who pay.
    That's a first for me (and I'm guessing many others), F2P used to be unlimited human, then limited bi-ped/dragon (lvl 10 and 15 respectively, which is the system also currently described on the access type page), when was it changed to lvl 40?

after 14 day expire cant play as dragon anymore? (will automatic delete it or lock or vanish or somethink?) and after i sub need create him again or what?

There's no day limit, it's infinite but you can only get up to the level cap of - apparently - 40. Characters that are old/unused aren't ever deleted, at least right now; they're just sort of archived. Deleted characters are even kept around for 90 days after they're 'deleted' before being permanently purged.

Chaos eather in Elia or Harro unless I go to sleep while being lazy in NT ;p

You can not gain exp or get quests after the 14 days until you sub or create additional chars becides the one you started. What ever lvl you reach in that time is what you stay at until you pay.

Based on what I have heard from others you can still log in and mess around but cannot level. As a dragon you will stay a hatchling as you cannot get the RoP quest while on trial and cannot get any quest after trial until you sub.

Your char will remain as is until you sub and as far as I know does remain available as long as you don't delete the account yourself.

I hope this clears it up some.
    Solarrian Windwalker - Helian - 100/100/100/100 DGMC
    Drackhen Windwalker - Helian - 48 Adv - 41 Craft
    Timeraiire - Lunus - 35 Adv - 35 Craft
    Chaos Server - GL Casual Heroes

will see 1st will test it and after i finish school and find job maybe will pay sub for 12 months i cost like 4000 CZK (155 $ x 25 CZK) in my country anyway can use SMS option and is here another mmo where can play as dragon i remmember archlord where had dragonscion what can transform in to dragon summoner class or dragons prophet
    Last edited by DRAGONxNOGARD; May 14th, 2016 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarrian View Post
    You can not gain exp or get quests after the 14 days until you sub or create additional chars becides the one you started. What ever lvl you reach in that time is what you stay at until you pay.
    That... doesn't sound like it's intended, that sounds like a bug. I know yo uaren't supposed to be able to get quests once you hit the cap, but there shouldn't be any day limit at all, looking at what's described on the website.

Free Access - Lifetime (Free)

* 1 Character Slot *
    Bipeds Level 15 Cap per School
    Dragons Level 15 Cap per School
    No Plot or Lair
    No Guild Ownership
    10 Global Consignment Slots
    1 Concurrent Login
    Can Not Use Account Upgrades (see list below)

Account upgrades are this:
    What are the Account Upgrades and Features?
    You can add account upgrades to a Property Holder Access to extend or expand features available to you without having to purchase another full Access. Please note that this is only available for accounts with Property Holder Access.

Apologies on the level. We had discussed a higher limit at one point and I thought it had been put in. Didn't realize it hadn't.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    That... doesn't sound like it's intended, that sounds like a bug. I know you aren't supposed to be able to get quests once you hit the cap, but there shouldn't be any day limit at all, looking at what's described on the website.

Free Access - Lifetime (Free)

* 1 Character Slot *
    Bipeds Level 15 Cap per School
    Dragons Level 15 Cap per School
    No Plot or Lair
    No Guild Ownership
    10 Global Consignment Slots
    1 Concurrent Login
    Can Not Use Account Upgrades
    So hypothetically speaking, if I created a biped character, I would be able to level him/her to a maximum of 15 per school? As in a level 15 Warrior, 15 Cleric, and so on with no other restrictions aside from those listed? I just want to confirm because my brain is having a bit of a hard time wrapping around the concept for some reason. Wouldn't the resulting rating of that character be really high? I never reached end-game so I'm not 100% sure on how that system works (plus I've never played as a biped).

Also it looks like most of the more advanced/complex schools have an entry level limit of 10 (according to the wiki), so a player would be able to level to 15 in all 20-something schools, correct?

Chaos eather in Elia or Harro unless I go to sleep while being lazy in NT ;p

Yeah what I wrote may have been confusing and I am sorry about that Racktor.

I was mainly referring to dragon schools and assuming that you ended well above the lvl 15 cap of ftp before the 14 days ended, which is very easy to do from what I have seen. I had one in my guild get one of her chars to 30/30 in 10 or 11 days and had to wait to start the RoP.
    Solarrian Windwalker - Helian - 100/100/100/100 DGMC
    Drackhen Windwalker - Helian - 48 Adv - 41 Craft
    Timeraiire - Lunus - 35 Adv - 35 Craft
    Chaos Server - GL Casual Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Castanops View Post
    So hypothetically speaking, if I created a biped character, I would be able to level him/her to a maximum of 15 per school? As in a level 15 Warrior, 15 Cleric, and so on with no other restrictions aside from those listed? I just want to confirm because my brain is having a bit of a hard time wrapping around the concept for some reason. Wouldn't the resulting rating of that character be really high? I never reached end-game so I'm not 100% sure on how that system works (plus I've never played as a biped).

Also it looks like most of the more advanced/complex schools have an entry level limit of 10 (according to the wiki), so a player would be able to level to 15 in all 20-something schools, correct?
    Yeah, it's lvl 15 per school. I'm not entirely sure how rating works myself, but if you level all your base and prestige schools up to 15, you could still be free and have a notable rating. If you were to ever start paying for the account, though, you'd have a hell of a time trying to level yourself, though; I've heard taking many schools at once is torture.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarrian View Post
    Yeah what I wrote may have been confusing and I am sorry about that Racktor.

I was mainly referring to dragon schools and assuming that you ended well above the lvl 15 cap of ftp before the 14 days ended, which is very easy to do from what I have seen. I had one in my guild get one of her chars to 30/30 in 10 or 11 days and had to wait to start the RoP.
    That's interesting. I don't know if it's meant to work like that; I know for a time Free Access broke and anyone could level a character beyond the actual cap without issue. Anyone who then got past level 15 on that bug were frozen at their levels when the bug was fixed. If that was very recent, though, then perhaps that's either a bug or just how it's meant to work. I don't really know, myself; I've never tried leveling a character on a free account

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Apologies on the level. We had discussed a higher limit at one point and I thought it had been put in. Didn't realize it hadn't.
    If bipeds are level 40 i was about to pull my friends over from the other games.. Jeeze XD i can understand dragons because growth.. i was thinking you could just idk make the RoP Starting quest deactivated to the F2P players.. you know? then you could have a level cap of 40.. but Darn Amon.. 40s alot since Istaria is very time consuming and just wow just wow such plans such plans indeed! i was thinking level 30 but just wow *blinks*
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Thread Information