Thread: OLD Newbie Ready to ROLL!

Default OLD Newbie Ready to ROLL!

Hello, I'm an old returning newbie and I'm so glad to see this game is still kicking!

I first started playing when Istaria was still called Event Horizons, but unfortunately was never able to put down long term roots.

The monthly subscription was a real turn off and wasn't convenient at the time.
    Fortunately, now it is, and I'm hoping to stick around to get to know the community--it seems that is where the real meat of the game is.

Playing for free as a human is an appreciated feature, but down grading from a dragon...eh, kinda hurts.
    I've popped in as a lurker, looking for updates that would snag my interest.

I'm happy to see Istaria is green-lite on Steam--it would be excellent support and hope it gets there soon!
    There seems to be a real demand for playing as a dragon (horrible apps) but Istaria seems to be the only place to offer a reliable experience.
    ===
    Anyway, I'm excited to get started.
    What I'm looking for is to join a guild or to meet up with players.

So far my experience has been largely isolated and boring with running around getting pennies from quests to throw in my hatchling hoard.
    I'm lucky if I find someone to say "hi" too and I count myself super lucky is they say "hi" back.

My dragon character is named Hisscale HeliovonHiss. Sorry for the mouthful, I backed myself into a creative corner when I ate up all the names with various forgotten characters.

I currently have an 11 in Dragon Adventurer and a 9 in Dragon Crafting.
    I want to become an adult dragon as soon as possible, with limited grinding.
    I recall the lava/more brutal dragons become adults faster?
    I'm currently settled on the Chaos server and hope this is the right one to go about things.

Overall, I'd appreciate any advice and buddies that may come my way.

--Thank you for your time.

Default Re: OLD Newbie Ready to ROLL!

Welcome back

Be sure to join the New Player Assistance channel, pretty much any question you might have can be answered there, along with finding other new players to group with.

Keep doing the quests, as you get higher level, they give good exp. There's tons of newer quests especially in t1 and t2, for all schools. As a dragon there are many ability quests as well, do those to get stronger.

Getting to be adult will take at minimum, level 20 craft. You can do either rop at this level, but will need to be level 80+ adventurer with t5 craft scales. To do it at a lower adv level, will require crafting in the 30's, with level 40 adv with 5 teched granite craft scales. The crafting is probably the grindiest part of it.

Welcome back to istaria. If u need a guild r just advice r friendship join phoenix channel we help all sorts of people guildees and friends. Hope you enjoy your time in game

Thank for the advice! I'll definitely work on leveling up first thing and already I'm eating up all the resources about the game.

Awesome, I'll go ahead and check you guys out!

Well hi there and welcome back ^^. I`m also on the Chaos shard. We might even meet each other hehe. If youre looking for a active guild it`s best to ask in Marketplace i bet someone will answer ^^. Hope you`re havin fun. C ya in game ^^.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Welcome back, Parro. Enjoy

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

It depends which server board I think is which.

Welcome back to Istaria!

I'm an Order player, myself, so we probably meet on any regular basis, but I have a mini-me over on Chaos I log on to occasionally, so perhaps I'll cross paths with you someday I hope you enjoy your return!

Welcome back to Istaria, friend! I hope you enjoy yourself here ^v^
    Niomira- 100/100/100/100 ancient, Order

Thread Information