Thread: Requesting Help on Error on Downloading file: version_info/master_file_list_checksum

Default Requesting Help on Error on Downloading file: version_info/master_file_list_checksum

Hello good community! Would you please lend me your wisdom? I need help on finding a solution to the error on downloading a file: version_info/master_file_list_checksum. I have an image attached to what it appears as on my end.

I recently own a new computer, and I have recently installed the program tonight on my end. Whenever I click on play to begin a new character, this error appears. I have checked to make sure that I have all updates for patches on, and I have searched online to try to figure it out. No luck at all. I also searched the support forum here, and had no luck again.

This is my system specs, in case it is needed (The patch showing as "unknown" is also peculiar to me):

Operating System
    Name
    : Windows 8.1
    Version
    : 6.3
    Patch
    : Unknown
    Architecture
    : x86

Processor and Memory
    Processor
    : GenuineIntel
    Type
    : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz
    Speed
    : 2401Hz
    Count
    : 4
    Memory
    : 8192MB

Display and Sound
    Display Adapter
    : Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500NVIDIA GeForce 930M
    Resolution
    : 1920 x 1080 x 4294967296 colors
    RAM
    : -1024MB
    Sound Adapter
    : Realtek High Definition Audio / NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Network and Proxy
    Network
    : Wi-Fi
    Proxy
    : None

MISC
    Java
    : 1.8.0_51-b16
    Directx
    : 4.09.00.0904
    Timezone
    : -300
    Game Folder
    : C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria
    Serial No
    : 8CG5260KZF

Captureneedfix.jpg
    Last edited by Arbokaa; July 1st, 2016 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Corrected an error on displaying a file's entire name.

Default Re: Requesting Help on Error on Downloading file: version_info/master_file_list_check

It could be a W-8 issue.
    I never used W-8 other than beta and there were just too many issues.
    So far W-10 has been working fine, but It is slower than 7 and XP.
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

Default Re: Requesting Help on Error on Downloading file: version_info/master_file_list_check

3 things come to mind, firewall, antivirus and Administrator permissions. Check and make sure none of them are blocking Istaria.

Also check out this page. https://support.istaria.com/index.ph...&code=cat&id=3

I also use windows 10 and have no issues and if you went from windows 7 or older OS to 8.1 you might better upgrade to 10, the learning curve for 10 is less than for 8.1.
    Last edited by Dacurly; July 1st, 2016 at 11:16 AM.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Thank you both for sharing your insight. I have verified administrative privileges, but I have not checked my firewalls. I'm going to also look into upgrading windows now, and I'll come back in here to check in how it goes.
    Last edited by Arbokaa; July 1st, 2016 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Corrected from double-posting.

I've had this problem in the past, it has nothing to do with your operating system.
    I can't entirely remember how I fixed it...I either deleted the file and simply repatched, or I did something else. But another way to fix it is to NOT install istaria on the C drive, I have several copies on my laptop for that exact reason, and the ones on my C drive always give me more trouble than the other 2. (I have 4 copies, 1 for Chaos, 1 for Order, 1 for Blight and 1 for offline mode)

-edit, think I remember also messing with the read-only settings of certain folders, but I can't remember if I had to set something to read only, or to not.

You have installed Istaria to C:\Program Filex(X86)... Windows got very picky with the admin rights since Windows Vista with the standard program pathes.

Move the complete Istaria folder to anywhere else like C:\games\Istaria (no need to reinstall), best bet your problem will be fixed then.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    You have installed Istaria to C:\Program Filex(X86)... Windows got very picky with the admin rights since Windows Vista with the standard program pathes.

Move the complete Istaria folder to anywhere else like C:\games\Istaria (no need to reinstall), best bet your problem will be fixed then.
    Do as Terao suggests, or right click the icon for Istaria, Properties, Advanced - click the checkbox for Run as Administrator.

Applications are no longer supposed to store data in the Program Files directories starting with Vista probably... I know Windows 7 restricts it unless you disable UAC. Rather than disable a security feature of your OS, just run that program as admin, and/or move its folder into a new folder you have created on C: or elsewhere.

The above will also work for Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.

Hello everyone! I decided to give it sometime to make sure I didn't run into anymore errors. I have always ran any MMOs through my administrative account, but at the time the issue I had still persisted. Yesterday I had upgraded to Windows 10, and it started patching normally. I eventually was not encountering any issues, until I started crashing randomly. I then copy/pasted a copy of the Istaria folder from it's original location to my desktop, and began playing from there. So far, everything seems to be going smoothly.

Thank you all for your help; this seems like an awesome community. I probably would've never thought to upgrade, or work with locating the folders to a different location. If you see me around in the Chaos server, I'll be a dragon named Temeluchus. See you all around!

Thread Information