Thread: Epic Spell Core?

Default Epic Spell Core?

Is it used anywhere?

I got one from a crate (just my luck to get the useless core -.-) and i can't see it being used in ANY epic formula according to the lexica?

Not even mental bane...so my question, once again, is it useful?

Default Re: Epic Spell Core?

According to Lexica...

So Im guessing they are used to create a compontent needed to make some epic spell(s).

Even though it shows the cores are Purchased, I guess you can loot them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    According to Lexica.......
    So Im guessing they are used to create a compontent needed to make some epic spell(s).

Even though it shows the cores are Purchased, I guess you can loot them too.
    Cores are a very very VERY low chance to get when opening epic crates (like 1% or something). I got my spell core from one such crate. As well you can buy them yeah.

Essentially, all epic item formulas ask for 3 components and an essence.

The 3 components are made from the wooden/leather/alchemy/scale/etc etc etc component formulas.

One component takes 10x epic materials + 1 epic core to make. Each thing uses different materials and cores.

So, for an epic item to use a spell core, then a spell core must be on one of the component formulas....but it is not.

It's not on ANY component formula as far as I/others are able to tell and thusly it makes the epic spell core useless.
    Last edited by Azath; July 23rd, 2016 at 03:55 AM. Reason: every other epic core is used at least once in component formulas....

Mental Bane is made with Metal Clasp (?), Fine Thread, Taravist Powder. Metal Clasp could be swapped for "Glimmering Spell Shard"

Glimmering Spell Shard would be an additional product that the Alchemy Components formula from Vargas would craft. It would be made from Epic Spell Core and Taravist Crystals. Easy fix and it makes more sense than a metal item being part of the Mental Bane spell tech. Plus, the Glimmering Spell Shard could be used as a component to make in any new forthcoming epic spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Mental Bane is made with Metal Clasp (?), Fine Thread, Taravist Powder. Metal Clasp could be swapped for "Glimmering Spell Shard"

Glimmering Spell Shard would be an additional product that the Alchemy Components formula from Vargas would craft. It would be made from Epic Spell Core and Taravist Crystals. Easy fix and it makes more sense than a metal item being part of the Mental Bane spell tech. Plus, the Glimmering Spell Shard could be used as a component to make in any new forthcoming epic spells.
    I fully support this!

Thread Information