Thread: Biped Crafting Schools Help

Question Biped Crafting Schools Help

Hello, I am new to all of this biped thing, and I wanna make this correctly otherwise I might screw up the schools since I have heard bad things about some of the biped crafting schools.

I would like to know aproximately the right order to lvling them to 100 one by one.

I was told to go first Outfiter and Blacksmith to 100, but after that I'm lost as to what continues. I was also told to lvl up Tinkerer, Miner, Gatherer and uh.. another school as last ones because of the scavenging skill that would basicaly screw all up, or something like that.

Help? Thank you.

Default Re: Biped Crafting Schools Help

You keep the skill levels earned for the basic resources processing. If you can make metal bars from outfitter, then it helps tremendously when you work on armorer because the basic gathering and making the bars needed goes much faster than when you were not max'd out in the skill - most of the xp comes from making the final product, not the intermediate.

Since you can get some xp from deconstructing items & remaking them, most people avoid enchanter school because it gives (or did give, not sure what's current) high points in the skill (salvaging?) that blocks you from getting the deconstruction xp. I never worried about that since I tended to level up on projects I had going.

Good crafting! :-)

But how do I know in which order to lvl them up? I got that processing metals either Outfiter or Blacksmith first goes because of it. But I am not certain as to which schools go afterwards.

There's a decent guide here:

http://istariareference.com/gmc.asp

I've been following it for the most part on my latest biped and it seems decent so far. Only have 1 school to 100 so far though, so can't speak to the whole process.

Chaos eather in Elia or Harro unless I go to sleep while being lazy in NT ;p

Thank you as I was wondering the same thing as Zme was just starting into ped crafting. We were wondering which would be best to get up as she was wanting to build a plot to go with my lairs. That and she likes to craft even more than I do.
    Solarrian Windwalker - Helian - 100/100/100/100 DGMC
    Drackhen Windwalker - Helian - 48 Adv - 41 Craft
    Timeraiire - Lunus - 35 Adv - 35 Craft
    Chaos Server - GL Casual Heroes

Something to remember is that Fitter gets you max Strength, so getting it leveled up early helps all schools, even ADV.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

First group
    Blacksmith
    Miner (stop at 80)(Save all the bars if you can) If you want to be very prodigious, level miner and blacksmith approximately together, making bars in miner then burning thru them to level blackmith. This works best if you have storage for all the bars to minimize how many times you have to switch schools.
    Outfitter
    Gatherer (stop at 80)(make and save spools if you got storage) Can alternately level mixed in with outfitter, burning thru the spools made as gatherer to level outfitter. This method works best if you got storage.

Middle group
    All the remaining schools except Tinker, order of your choice: To get really technical, take the prestige classes that get 9 skill in processing or salvaging only to 90, until everything else (in this grouping) is done, then top those off to 100. (Example stop Weaponsmith at 90 since it gets 9 smelting per level, this is just to the point where it would start raising the skill beyond what you have from blacksmith, which slightly reduces processing exp)
    Tinker to 80

Final Group
    Miner and gatherer to 100, save bars again to burn thru while finishing Tinker
    Tinker 81 to 100

Confectioner has no impact on any school, can be leveled whenever, but is best leveled after Gatherer. Level after blacksmith to 100 if the Crimson vials still give it exp (don't think they do) so that you have some stoneworking and quarrying skills.
    Last edited by Guaran; August 12th, 2016 at 02:16 AM.

Thread Information