Thread: It's been a long, long time....

Default It's been a long, long time....

I've not been around these parts in... what now, like 3 years I think?

It's been a long, long time either way. I'm not going to burden you all with "what's changed?" questions, because I'm sure a ton of stuff has been changed in 2+ years (esp when I can't even remember exactly when it was since I last played), though I wonder if anybody even remembers me, lol.

It's okay if not.

Basically, I've been bored out of my skull lately as I left WoW a year ago, didn't really like how fast FFXIV keeps churning out content so I stopped playing that too. I'm a very casual player and those kinda games are all about the raiding scene, and you gotta be doing 20+ hours a week or you get left behind, and/or unable to join any serious guilds.

That's one thing I always liked about Istaria, it is (or was?) slow and casual-friendly, with long-term goals that can be chipped away at bit-by-bit. I decided to start a fresh free account to see what has changed, etc... I may or may not resurrect my old account, I don't know... I think I'd feel so lost logging onto a character that is already far into levels because I wouldn't remember how to play them, where stuff is, etc. I think it is probably better re-learn everything from start, I think.

That, and I'm just looking for a relaxin' time. I will ask one question, though: How's the population/community? Last time I played, Order was dwindling a bit though Chaos was still rather healthy. How is it these days? Has it improved or is it the same core people keeping the game alive?

I'm somewhat surprised this game is still going, I had the inspiration today to install and see how things are and thought I'd post here to see if anybody remembers me, lol. Well anyways, thought I'd pop in and say hi!

EDIT: GAH, I forgot if you don't allow scripts, it fails to see line breaks...... gimme a sec to fix that.

Default Re: It's been a long, long time....

long,long time..yes- but I do remember you- Welcome back Dhalin:-)

Order is still a very quiet place but its your home-right?

So come and see- and decide later where you want to play.
    Tons of new content, fixes, client and and and --Istaria is still alive and kicking.
    And lots of fun for those who love it. Who might be the same core people^^

See you ingame I hope
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Hello!

I remember you. How could I forget the very nice dragoness (and her mate) who gave me lots of stuff way way back when?

Glad to see you're still around!

Welcome home

One thing you might not know, free accounts are now limited to lvl 15 I think it is. you can play any race/school though.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Welcome home

One thing you might not know, free accounts are now limited to lvl 15 I think it is. you can play any race/school though.

I noticed that.... it used to be Human-Only, unlimited and now its "any race but only Lv15" lol.

@ Dhalin, Why not activate your old account for one month and see what's new and chat with old friends That way you can create a new character with no restrictions. Just a thought
    BTW, Welcome Back! Hope you stick around.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    @ Dhalin, Why not activate your old account for one month and see what's new and chat with old friends That way you can create a new character with no restrictions. Just a thought
    BTW, Welcome Back! Hope you stick around.

cheers
    I'll think on it. I started a new free account that I will tinker with for a bit and later on I'll make a decision on my old account. I don't even recall what character(s) I had on it, or what account-type I would need or anything like that. But we'll see!

EDIT: Hmm, exactly 5 characters on my old account. That should be easy to resub, lol. Might as well, I got a 'ped on there with like Lv86 miner, LOL.
    Last edited by Dhalin; August 15th, 2016 at 08:23 PM.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    I noticed that.... it used to be Human-Only, unlimited and now its "any race but only Lv15" lol.
    Any older player with a free-forever human will be grandfathered from that system, though!

Welcome back

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Welcome back Dhalin, nobody ever really "leaves" Istaria.
    I recently came back after a sleep and i'm very impressed with results so far.
    Oh the main one you'll appreciate is the port crash no longer happens
    Infact it's very rare now to crash to desktop at all.
    They are busy on the T3 reboot so soon'ish we will have a whole new Tazoon to explore.

I remember you from the forums for sure. Welcome back

*serves Dhalin a container full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home!

Welcome back, Dhalin!
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Welcome home Dhalin. Always nice to see someone return. I will be ending a several month health hiatus today myself.

Welcome back Dhalin

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

I think I remember you. Name sounds familiar.

Thread Information