Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of Summer Update Notes and Discussion

Default End of Summer Update Notes and Discussion

Use this thread to review and discuss the End of summer update to Istaria.

• Warrior
      • Power Strike I is now received at level 1
      • Negate Attack 1 is now known as Heroic Shout 1 and is received at level 7 (instead of 4). It has a 20 meter range, a 30 second recycle, and a 2.5 post-delay. Instead of giving a buff to the player, it now gives a debuff called Confused to the target which reduces the damage of its next attack.
      • Coordinated Strike I is now received at level 10 (instead of 9) and has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 90)
      • Critical Strike I is now received at level 9 (instead of 10), has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 3 minutes) and a 1.5 post-delay
      • New ability, Charge, received at level 5. 30 second recycle, 2.5 post-delay, gives a debuff called Interrupted that prevents your target from executing any actions for 3 seconds.
      • ‘Ryson Stormbringer's Challenge’ has been updated to reflect the changes to New Trismus.

• Mage
      • Enhanced Flame Bolt I is now received at level 1 (was 2)
      • Engulf I is now received at level 3 (was 4)
      • Burn Armor I is now received at level 5 (was 3)
      • Mage’s Maddening Trick I is now received at level 10 (was 6)
      • Burnout I is now received at level 7 (was 10) and has a recycle of 40 seconds (down from 50)
      • Coordinated Flame Bolt I now has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 3 minutes)

• Cleric
      • Smash I is now received at level 1 (was 4)
      • Instant Heal I is now received at level 3 (was 2) and has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 45)
      • Power Strike I is now received at level 5 (was 7)
      • Magic Crush is now received at level 7 (was 6) and has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 45)
      • Coordinated Strike I is now received at level 11 (was 9)
      • Protectorate is now received at level 9 (was 3)

• Scout
      • Power Shot I is now received at level 1 (was 2)
      • Long Shot I is now received at level 3 (was 4) and has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 60)
      • New ability, Blinding Shot, received at level 5. 30 second recycle, causes Blinded (10 second debuff that reduces the target’s to-hit by 50%).
      • Pinion I is now received at level 7 (was 6), has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 45).
      • Pinion’s debuff is now known as Pinned, lasts for 5 seconds (down from 20), and is a root instead of a speed modifier.
      • Heart Seeker I is now received at level 9 (was 10) and has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 3 minutes)
      • Coordinated Shot I is now received at level 10 (was 9) and has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 90)
      • Staple Shot now recycles every 45 seconds (down from 2 minutes)

• Dragon
      • Refreshing Breeze I now has a recycle of 90 seconds (down from 3 minutes).
      • Galewind I now has a recycle of 45 seconds (down from 60)
      • New ability, Coordinated Breath I, received at level 10. 60 second recycle, fire-based breath attack, consumes 100 hoard per use.

• Expert Primal Health formula requires 920 spellcraft skill to scribe.
    • Expert Excoriation formula requires level 800 lairshaping skill to scribe. Journeyman Excoriation formula requires 400 lairshaping to scribe.
    • ‘(Hourly) Clean Up The Wriggling Masses’ no longer refers to Braekhis as male.
    • Formula: Scale/Tallisman of Dance/Melody/Revelry/Feast requires any crafting school level 80 instead of current crafting school level 80
    • Crystal of Mind (Rift) crystal will now properly trigger Mind of the Void’s effect: Migraine. Chance has also been increased from 5% to 15%.
    • Crystal of Bone (Rift) crystal will now properly trigger Bone of the Void’s effect: Temporary Bleed Resistance.
    • Crystal of Heart (Rift) crystal will now properly trigger Heart of the Voids effect: Temporary Stun Resistance & Temporary Mesmerize Resistance.
    • Increase banner limit to 10 per plot
    • Increase basket limit to 20 per plot
    • Increase tree limit to 30 per plot
    • Increase wheelbarrow to 20 per plot
    • Increase flowers to unlimited per plot
    • Hesia now has <Cleric Trainer> tag.
    • Adulura now has <Cleric Trainer> tag.
    • Daily Riddle: Golden Treasure (Eostre Beetle quest) will cause Giant Chickens to drop eggs while on quest.
    • Guardians of Rift (Blood, Bone, Heart, Mind) now have normal spawns and no longer spawned manually (speaking to NPC) during ARoP quest. They have the same spawn timers as Less Epic mobs.
    • Legacy Guild houses (T2-T6) now share the same furniture decoration files as their current cousins.
    • Legacy Tier 1 Human Guildhouse now has furniture decoration. Thanks Tilithia !
    • Aughundell Town Center and the underground areas has been decorated with furniture. Thanks Tilithia !
    • Corn, Tomato, Wheat, Apple Trees, Grape Vines and Kenaf now grow in Tishlar
    • A small vein of Iron has been found near Tishlar
    • A rich vein of Gold has been found near Tishlar
    • Guardian of Rage now respawns more slowly
    • Massive Yew Treants can now be found on Saritova
    • Rift Tokens are now valued 20% higher (currency used by Blagarath in Dralk)
      • Symbol of the Rift = 6 (was 5)
      • Relic of the Rift = 12 (was 10)
      • Omen of the Rift = 24 (was 20)
      • Vestige of the Rift = 48 (was 40)
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: End of Summer Update Notes and Discussion

New Dragon ability,
    Coordinated Breath I, received at level 10. 60 second recycle, fire-based breath attack, consumes 100 hoard per use.

Does this scale to Coordinated breath 10? and if so does it consume 1000 hoard at level 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    New Dragon ability,
    Coordinated Breath I, received at level 10. 60 second recycle, fire-based breath attack, consumes 100 hoard per use.

Does this scale to Coordinated breath 10? and if so does it consume 1000 hoard at level 10?
    It does not scale to level 100 at the moment. It is currently only at level 10. Don't think any feedback was provided from Blight so maybe some folks will try it out on live.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    It does not scale to level 100 at the moment. It is currently only at level 10. Don't think any feedback was provided from Blight so maybe some folks will try it out on live.
    Did some testing with it and I don't really see the point.
    It only increases attacks from "other" coordinated bolts....which a Dragon has no others, it don't increase the damage of my claw any once its applied to target and the recycle is 60s so its not like you could hit harder bolt the second time. Same with BoF no difference.
    The bolt hits for about half of a standard claw attack.
    May be useful to a new Hatchie for pulling a mob but apart from that I don't see a use for it.

Could we get some info on what/why it was implemented, might make more sense then.
    Last edited by Sindala; September 6th, 2016 at 06:02 PM.

Coordinated attacks are not meant to coordinate with your own abilities, they coordinate with other players' coordinated attacks. This was implemented so that Dragons could participate in that process.

Slivers of Emptiness still don't drop.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
    They do, RNG is just iffy with them

Can you confirm what client # you're using (/window fpswindow) and if you've got the Inspired Void ability active and you're killing monsters in Rift (not Fiery Rift)?

I had no problems getting Slivers of Emptiness to drop on the Rift mobs (on Chaos Shard), while the ability's augmentation (Inspired Void) was active. It's a 40% chance for a drop, so shouldn't take too long to get a drop. I tried with client 392.15 and 391.16. Used Right Click Browse Loot, Right Click Loot All and /lootall commands. All looted slivers.

Mobs to try:
    Ancient Manifestation
    Enraged Specter
    Faded Ghoul
    Forsaken Elemental
    Void Fiend
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

This

•Load model only works when offline (for non GM)
    •Setscale only works for player characters (for non GM)

is preventing me from patching. just prolonging inevitable.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

It depends which server board I think is which.

While this is only my personal guess, I think those two were disabled because people were abusing them to float everywhere and make the game look hacked or broken. Setscale because you could setscale a building and sit on that and loadmodel because you could load in something then sit on it.

One of those 'few people ruin the fun for everyone' kinda deals..

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    While this is only my personal guess, I think those two were disabled because people were abusing them to float everywhere and make the game look hacked or broken. Setscale because you could setscale a building and sit on that and loadmodel because you could load in something then sit on it.

One of those 'few people ruin the fun for everyone' kinda deals..
    This is partially one of the reasons behind the change, another was that it allowed people to break boundaries, bipeds on Aedan and Serenity as examples by loading in things like walls and using them as stepping stones, without the ability to move the objects this isn't an easy thing, but one that can be achieved nonetheless. This might seem as a minor issue to some but it could lead to some more severe issues in the possible future.

Tilithia, if you could voice a reason as to how the ability to use /lm and using /setscale on objects is beneficial to the players in the same way that /setscaling entities is (decreases strain, getting unstuck), this could always be reconsidered.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

I use /lm often to see what a model looks like without going into offline mode which is a little bit of hassle.
    Ive heard of people using setscale in new palces to enlarge vault on plot to find it quicker.
    personally when I use setscale on something other than characters its for the models mentioned above when they are too big or too small to see.
    trivial reasons but im one of those players who doesn't like things taken away even if small. neither sad or happy here. And since we can actually choose to patch or not,i chose not to for the moment.

I use /lm often to see what a model looks like without going into offline mode which is a little bit of hassle.
    I would suggest creating a seperate install/folder for offline mode, and keeping the edited files in a back-up folder so you can easily copy-paste them after you update the install when necessary.

Unless your problems with offline mode lie elsewhere than the install. Which is understandable.

Ive heard of people using setscale in new palces to enlarge vault on plot to find it quicker.
    This is a valid reason, I've in fact suggested this several times for players when they couldn't find a thing on a plot. Another thing I have suggested is opening the plot info window and selecting the structure, as this will select the object in the world as well, using the ring of light this makes it easier to find the structure.

personally when I use setscale on something other than characters its for the models mentioned above when they are too big or too small to see.
    This ties into the previous point, partially this can be addressed by using the /select command if I'm not mistaken, ie. '/select sage', though this does not work with every kind of object.

trivial reasons but im one of those players who doesn't like things taken away even if small. neither sad or happy here.
    As a player your voice and concerns do matter to us and I'd like to thank you for calmly explaining where the issues lie for you and other people, I will take some of your points into consideration and see if things can be changed to better accommodate them.

Known Issue:

Some of the starter quests (spirit isle and new trismus) do not reflect the changed abilities, these have already been updated for the next delta.

Looking at that list as a bi-ped, You sure stuck it to the Cleric class. Seems like another class lower to uselessness. Slimey on Order

Quote Originally Posted by Slimey View Post
    Looking at that list as a bi-ped, You sure stuck it to the Cleric class. Seems like another class lower to uselessness. Slimey on Order
    I'm not sure I understand why this would be. You can get through those first 5 levels very quickly (10 or 15 minutes at most) and if you aren't multi-classing yet then you are more likely to need/want something good to fight with than something to immediately heal with. Protectorate is only useful when you group and you aren't very likely to be grouping at level 3 but you might by level 9.

This

•Load model only works when offline (for non GM)
    •Setscale only works for player characters (for non GM)

is preventing me from patching. just prolonging inevitable.
    I find these annoying as well... as far as people using it to float or whatever, can't say that i have seen that happen in like 5 years... this doesn't strike me as a valid enough reason.

You can easily disable water to get to Serenity, etc. So this does nothing to stop that.
    Last edited by Guaran; September 12th, 2016 at 03:00 PM.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Every time I went to Dralk on Chaos, I saw at least 2 or 3 people floating midair on whatever structures they logged in, so it wasn't something uncommon...

Chaos eather in Elia or Harro unless I go to sleep while being lazy in NT ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Every time I went to Dralk on Chaos, I saw at least 2 or 3 people floating midair on whatever structures they logged in, so it wasn't something uncommon...
    You are correct Racktor, even though it was helpful for a number of things, it was getting to be an issue with the number of people that were using it to just sit in the air in Dralk and elsewhere. So I can see their point in removing it.
    Solarrian Windwalker - Helian - 100/100/100/100 DGMC
    Drackhen Windwalker - Helian - 48 Adv - 41 Craft
    Timeraiire - Lunus - 35 Adv - 35 Craft
    Chaos Server - GL Casual Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

• Warrior
      • Power Strike I is now received at level 1
      • Negate Attack 1 is now known as Heroic Shout 1 and is received at level 7 (instead of 4). It has a 20 meter range, a 30 second recycle, and a 2.5 post-delay. Instead of giving a buff to the player, it now gives a debuff called Confused to the target which reduces the damage of its next attack.

I just noticed a problem. My level 36 warrior doesn't have any Power Strike, Rend Armor or Negate Attack abilities any more.

If I'm reading this right, the only one that should have gone away was Negate Attack and it is replaced by Heroic Shout, which I don't have. There is also a new one called Charge, which I don't have.

Did something go wrong? Or am I misunderstanding the update?

Thread Information