Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End of Summer Update Notes and Discussion

Default Re: End of Summer Update Notes and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    I just noticed a problem. My level 36 warrior doesn't have any Power Strike, Rend Armor or Negate Attack abilities any more.

If I'm reading this right, the only one that should have gone away was Negate Attack and it is replaced by Heroic Shout, which I don't have. There is also a new one called Charge, which I don't have.

Did something go wrong? Or am I misunderstanding the update?
    Claw strike has gone missing too....

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

The developers are aware of an issue with the correct abilities showing up. A hotfix is in the works and a shard restart may be needed. Any progress today will be saved.

Some have expressed concern about a rollback. This will not occur. The developers always, always do everything possible to avoid a rollback.

If you're playing today and gain a level, but the ability doesn't show up, that's not a problem. After the hotfix is applied, your ability will appear proper.

Thank you to all for their patience with this issue.

Blight has been updated with a patch. If you have a character on Blight, please considering logging into Blight and let us know if the issue has been resolved.

There will likely be a special maintenance tomorrow for the fix on Live shards.

So that the rest of your evening isn't a total bust, there is a way to make your missing abilities come back.

* When you login, the school you are currently joined will be missing some abilities (non masterable).
    * Join any other school, then rejoin the school you want to play. Your abilities should now appear. If you log out again, they will be missing until you repeat these steps.

Unfortunately, this will only work on a biped, as a dragon can't join a different adventurer school.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 14th, 2016 at 03:13 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

OK, after today's maintenance, the missing abilities are back. However, I still have Negate Attack and I do not have Heroic Shout anywhere in my abilities windows that I can see. Was it only Negate Attack I that was removed? I have NA IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    OK, after today's maintenance, the missing abilities are back. However, I still have Negate Attack and I do not have Heroic Shout anywhere in my abilities windows that I can see. Was it only Negate Attack I that was removed? I have NA IV.
    Heroic Shout IS Negate Attack. However, its only in place for I so once you have Negate Attack II and up they will overwrite. The original idea was simply that it would get tested on Blight and if it worked well and seemed useful, the other Negate Attacks would be altered.

Don't worry, however, as Heroic Shout does not function properly and we're looking into it. So you aren't missing anything right now.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I changed to Warrior lvl 100, then to Mage lvl 100 and finally back to Reaver lvl 70. I have no abilities above lvl 70 (got Wither back),. All my crossover abilities from other schools are still gone. This is after todays reboot. I can also mine granite with a trowel now. Thank you so much. Slimey on Order

Quote Originally Posted by Slimey View Post
    I changed to Warrior lvl 100, then to Mage lvl 100 and finally back to Reaver lvl 70. I have no abilities above lvl 70 (got Wither back),. All my crossover abilities from other schools are still gone. This is after todays reboot. I can also mine granite with a trowel now. Thank you so much. Slimey on Order
    Is anyone else having any strange issues? I'll check on your scenario of warrior 100, mage 100 then Reaver 70.

One of the devs hopped on Order and tried to whack a granite exposure. The proper feedback displays:

You must equip a Mining Pick or Quarrying Ability to gather from a Granite Exposure. Can anyone else do this?

Can you tell me which Trowel you used and any techs or crystals on it so I can try to reproduce that?
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    ......voice a reason as to how the ability to use......../setscale on objects is beneficial to the players in the same way that /setscaling entities is (decreases strain, getting unstuck), this could always be reconsidered.
    Though not specifically directed to me, I would like to ask that a specific subset of objects (that is limited to player buildable objects on player plots) be allowed targets for setscale.

I have for some years used setscale to "shrink" objects on guild owned player plots to allow unobscured targeting of player storage structures for transfer of stored assets to/from another storage structure on my plot (and on adjacent guild members plots) in range of transfers, and to/from my vault, or my inventory, and a player storage structure within range. In addition, the setscale "shrinking " of player built objects on player plots facilitates movement between storage structures which are candidate for item transfer to/from storage structures where separation makes necessary positioning my toon between the source and destination structure to effect the transfer.

In that I am excluding from my request all targetable objects which are not on player plots, I hope that my request can be granted.

Knossos

I have needed to do the same as Knossos at times. Sometimes have to shrink a silo to get in the right spot or to get at a silo that is behind another object.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Hello,

Today I just resubbed and to my dismay, I found out that /setscale commands on structures has been disabled. I find this highly annoying since my silos on my plot were built tightly together and I used setscale to help me get line of sight access as they are too tall to open from the ground and are located way in between other rows of silos. I don't see any good reason why this feature was taken away. I have been playing this game since early 2004 and have noticed that there has been methodical changes over time like these that have made this game less and less desirable to play. Please change this feature back to the way it was before or I will seriously never play this game ever again.

Cylo

If setscale could be limited to players and monsters,then could it also include player structures? that could include everything player can build on their plots.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
    If setscale could be limited to players and monsters,then could it also include player structures? that could include everything player can build on their plots.
    Yes please may we again have setscale for player built structures. I am spending far too much time in plot storage maintenance for lack of setscale availability for player built plot structures.

Knossos

Thread Information