Thread: Is there a way to... ?

Default Is there a way to... ?

A couple of things that annoy me fairly often... is there any way to:

1) set the launcher so it automatically clears the world cache every time you log in? I have been having a lot of problems with phantom buildings showing up on plots lately and a cache clear takes care of it. Is there a way to just have it clear the cache always?

2) I know you can lock a hotkey bar so you can't drag/resize it. But can you lock a button so you can't accidentally drag the icon off? I'm two-box a lot on two different monitors. I'm constantly dragging icons around when I switch monitor to hit a button.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Is there a way to... ?

For #1, on the character select screen, choose "clear world cache" under "Troubleshooting". I don't know about the second, though.... don't think there's one.

I have to do the troubleshoot thing every time manually. It doesn`t safe it for me :/

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    For #1, on the character select screen, choose "clear world cache" under "Troubleshooting". I don't know about the second, though.... don't think there's one.
    I know about clearing the cache - I'm looking for a way to do it every time without having to select it every time

1) If you have to clear world cache all the time, something is not right. Try deleting the world cache folder. There is no way that I know of to set it to Auto. It should NOT be set to auto anyways, that would defeat its purpose to store info for the next time you are in that area. You may have to put in a ticket and get a Dev to help you out.

2) I use 2 monitors and have never had the problem you describe. Only thing I can think of is that your mouse is somehow doing a long click like you are holding the mouse button down (drag and drop). Check your mouse settings, or it may be time for a new mouse. I had an issue not long ago that my mouse would double click when I just clicked once, a new mouse fixed that issue.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

2)-sensitivity may be set too high?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    A couple of things that annoy me fairly often... is there any way to: 2) I know you can lock a hotkey bar so you can't drag/resize it. But can you lock a button so you can't accidentally drag the icon off? I'm two-box a lot on two different monitors. I'm constantly dragging icons around when I switch monitor to hit a button.
    If this were to be fowarded as a suggestion i'd defintiely support it >.>

As a person who used to have to istaria with a very bad mouse (or, touchpad) i had to re-check my hotbars to make sure i didn't drag a key all the time, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    1) If you have to clear world cache all the time, something is not right. Try deleting the world cache folder. There is no way that I know of to set it to Auto. It should NOT be set to auto anyways, that would defeat its purpose to store info for the next time you are in that area. You may have to put in a ticket and get a Dev to help you out.
    Well, I don't *have* to clear the cache that often, but it seems like every week or so some glitch pops up that I have to clear the cache to fix. And of course I don't notice it until I port into someplace and then notice it, so have to log out and back in.

It's not that big a deal, it's just an annoyance.

And on the hotkey problem, I doubt it's a problem with my mouse. It's more likely a case of my old fingers not clicking and releasing quick enough as I run the mouse back and forth between monitors in a fight. I don't click as fast as I used to

I only have 1 monitor but many times it happens to me that I drag the hotkey out of the bar and its frustrating when Im thinking on combat and sometimes I click on the skill and dont release because it may not be usefull when Im on it, and sometimes I accicently drag it out.

I wouldn't recommend clearing the world cache unless you are having big issues. And a single clear should wipe all phantom buildings for the entire shard. That issue shouldn't really be a problem after a clear for likely a year or two. The phantom buildings come from your own world cache for a building that used to be there, but then got deleted and something else built by the player that owns the plot.. then when the new sector downloads, for whatever reason the old info gets retained somehow... You might be pointing out a flaw with the checks for sector versions.. I have suspected for awhile that the game doesn't properly update file versions, or properly compare/check those versions. (The sector_xxxx.def files) This is something that the dev's should really look into.

Being able to lock the buttons would be awesome. It could be either a separate checkbox, or simply apply when the hotkey bar is locked for position. If someone wants to re-arrange buttons, just unlock the bar with a few clicks, drag as desired, then re-lock them.

Thread Information