Thread: Town Marshal Quests.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Town Marshal Quests.

Any chance we can make these work from Rating?
    So I could do these once a day as a break from Doom Maggots?

I'm level 35 Wizard at moment but since my rating is 143 you can imagine that it's maggots or nothing.
    I'd like to be able to say do the Aughundell quests like once a day for a little break from mindlessly hitting maggots in Doom all day long.
    The quests work off Level range thou so the only ones I can do would be the T2 ones that would give me the same xp reward as 1 maggot, can you see what i'm getting at?

Just an idea to put a little variety into the day for us that aim for the elusive 267.
    Probably been asked before but can't hurt to ask again??

Default Re: Town Marshal Quests.

if based off ratings then wouldnt you have to do same as doing now maggots or nothing?

Im sooo confused

It depends which server board I think is which.

Right now, when you take up a Town Marshall quest, it will be based off of your adventure level. So say you are like my Kerrsol here. You have lvl 100 in a few schools - I think 4? - amongst a few >100 ones so you're about rating 138. You grab Shaman and you're back to lvl 20 again, but your rating is still over 100.

So now, you're stuck getting T2 marshall quests, meaning you're hunting T2 monsters. Fun. EXP for monsters is calculated off of your rating, so anything I kill at that tier would give me nothing for my effort. Only EXP I would get is from turning in the quest, which isn't much at that level.

What Sindala suggests is making it so that your rating is what the quest offers are based off of instead. So my rating 100+ but adv level 20 ped can grab a lvl 100 Town Marshall quest, get EXP from mobs, and get EXP from the quest. After all, even at lvl 20, he can definitely slaughter those lvl 90s with all his schools behind him.

Full support to Sindala's suggestion.

so maggots are only thing can get exp off of if your rating 140+?

It depends which server board I think is which.

It's the only viable source of EXP, really. Trophies are all halved by then since you've likely turned them in a lot at that point and below lvl 70 gives you no EXP anymore. So you're stuck grinding, basically.

Just remove any level restrictions from all of the town marshall quests.

If that happened, is there some way it could be abused that we are not thinking of? Maybe a high level player doing all of the killing, the low level turning it in? Not really much different than using one toon to hunt when another is in tow I suppose, or hunting trophies in your strong class but turning them in with the low level class.

So if you use rating to allow the quests to be picked up, then a player with a few schools starts getting the ability to take some of the higher level town marshall quests... seems fine to me.

I also think this is a good suggestion, I can see how it can be a grind, and daunting to players who have not multiclassed before, especially to dragon players. In fact, leveling and multiclassing probably turns off dragon players because it's time consuming.

+1
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

Thread Information