Thread: Question about pets

Default Question about pets

During the Halloween event, I saw several people with various pets, like miniature dragons, miniature ogres, etc.

I don't see these listed on the Wiki (or I'm not looking in the right place). Where do these come from?

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Question about pets

They're called allies and you can read up on them here ^^ I don't think the wiki has any real Niesa's Fate content entered onto it.

To get them, you have to create or receive an Ally Plaque and trade it to the ally vendor at the eastern outpost.. can't remember his name. Ally Plaque needs similar ingredients to other epic items, with its essence being the Slaver's Token dropped by Falgut the Slaver or given at the end of the Niesa's Fate questline.

OK, so I don't need to worry about them until level 100. No wonder I hadn't run across them yet

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I don't think the wiki has any real Niesa's Fate content entered onto it.

Racky-this:
    http://www.istaria-lexica.de/Niesa%27s_Fate_(Part_1) ?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

There is also combat pets http://www.istaria-lexica.de/Category:Pet:Combat which you can buy for 4 Tokens of Loyalty
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    There is also combat pets http://www.istaria-lexica.de/Category:Pet:Combat which you can buy for 4 Tokens of Loyalty
    I saw those combat pets. I also saw they consume a power cell. How often do you have to put in a power cell? And how hard are they to obtain?

Power cell lasts 15 min. and you can power it again in 30, they also give passive boost of some kind all the time that they are attached.
    Like the Medibot gives 100 health and then heals 5% every 10 seconds for 15 min. when you use the cell
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

They're called allies and you can read up on them here ^^ I don't think the wiki has any real Niesa's Fate content entered onto it.

To get them, you have to create or receive an Ally Plaque and trade it to the ally vendor at the eastern outpost.. can't remember his name. Ally Plaque needs similar ingredients to other epic items, with its essence being the Slaver's Token dropped by Falgut the Slaver or given at the end of the Niesa's Fate questline.
    According to that information, the wyverns are only usable by dragons, but the biped allies are usable by any race (including dragons). Is that really the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    Power cell lasts 15 min. and you can power it again in 30, they also give passive boost of some kind all the time that they are attached.
    Like the Medibot gives 100 health and then heals 5% every 10 seconds for 15 min. when you use the cell
    Thanks! Where do you get these cells? Are they crafted?

The cells are drops from mobs near winter vale pad near old rachival.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    According to that information, the wyverns are only usable by dragons, but the biped allies are usable by any race (including dragons). Is that really the case?
    That is correct
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Something to note about using the 'ped' allies on the dragons is that their abilities are based off of biped skills, ex. Desert Whirlwind uses Nature Skill

It's likely a very bad idea for a dragon to grab the ped allies with that in mind

Something to note about using the 'ped' allies on the dragons is that their abilities are based off of biped skills, ex. Desert Whirlwind uses Nature Skill

It's likely a very bad idea for a dragon to grab the ped allies with that in mind
    Actually, they don't use the PLAYER's skill. They override any skill value you have with a flat value of 1000.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Oh. Well then, I didn't know. Good to know for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    The cells are drops from mobs near winter vale pad near old rachival.

Knossos
    So the powercells can be reused? There's just a timer on their reuse?

The power cells are not reusable, when depleted you need another.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Actually, they don't use the PLAYER's skill. They override any skill value you have with a flat value of 1000.
    This might be why the biped pets in particular, seem rather lackluster in performance. Example: my healer who has something like 1600+ Nature skill, has the ogre that gives Desert Whirlwind. It misses waaay too often for an epic item/pet/ability. That one in particular also has much too short of range.

After trying 2 of the various biped pets, I stopped buying them because they are really just overall too weak, and miss too often, for an epic ability you can only use every 90 seconds (vs other epic weapons which can be used continuously).

Maybe bump the override skill value to 2000, or simply allow the players' own skill to impact the performance. Something. imho they shouldn't ever miss, or only very rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    This might be why the biped pets in particular, seem rather lackluster in performance. Example: my healer who has something like 1600+ Nature skill, has the ogre that gives Desert Whirlwind. It misses waaay too often for an epic item/pet/ability. That one in particular also has much too short of range.

After trying 2 of the various biped pets, I stopped buying them because they are really just overall too weak, and miss too often, for an epic ability you can only use every 90 seconds (vs other epic weapons which can be used continuously).

Maybe bump the override skill value to 2000, or simply allow the players' own skill to impact the performance. Something. imho they shouldn't ever miss, or only very rarely.
    Player skill isn't an option because it can't be guaranteed that the player would have the skill at all. And Dragons definitely won't. I don't mind raising the skill level, though I don't know about bumping it to 2000. I have this small concern involving a lack of timely feedback on changes.

Well for a level 100 with only modest multiclassing, hitting 1600+ skill if not 2000 isn't hard to do. I think I put 400 tp's into nature and 600 into spirit on that character. Got the skill pretty high. So using 1500 to 1750 is probably perfectly fine.

Thanks for looking into it.

Thread Information