Thread: Quest UI, and locating quests you do not have

Lightbulb Quest UI, and locating quests you do not have

Have you ever wondered what quests you're able to get, or where to find them, especially when you're stuck grinding for levels? Viewing the quest log when it's empty only seems to lower your motivation to level, especially if you're multiclassing, or you just can't find any quests in the world for you. If you're more interested in the game lore, it can be hard to find long, fulfilling storyline quests as well.

I have sent the devs a suggestion (ticket) regarding this, and are about to send I guess, what would be a temporary build for the new quest window. It would range from very simple, being the same as it is now with an extra tab, or completely changed from what it is now.

This is what I included in the ticket:

"I bet you've already received suggestions like so, but I was curious to see where you devs stand in terms of adding this component.

Have you ever thought to include some kind of Quest finder, whether it be in the quest log itself or a separate window?

I was thinking another tab in the quest window, beside the "Completed Quests" tab. There, you can view ever quest you have yet to complete/pick up. You could even include the coordinates to the NPC that provides that quest, the rewards and EXP it provides upon completion, and also possibly only show quests that require and meet your current level and school.

There could also be a complete overhaul to the quest UI.

This would be incredibly helpful to all players alike, including veterans like me. Sometimes, I really just would like to complete every quest available, or find the right quests to finish in order to level my character in the most efficient way.

Of course, this is not an urgent thing to do. Go at your own pace of course! I'll be posting this on the forums as well for player input."

And so here I am. A developer replied to my suggestion as something they were curious about and were going to look into.

I thought I'd give two examples of what I meant, so here is a reference I created of some possible builds made in Illustrator.

http://i.imgur.com/pXSgQES.png

I promise this is a legit picture haha, it's just the picture is large and would sort of fill your screen

Anywho, feedback is appreciated. Please help me point out any errors in the builds (impossibilities or imperfections), or if the link does not work, and if there are any mods or devs lurking around on the forums, you may have heard something about this recently from the dev that replied to me. Give me your thoughts.

xWaterwingx SpiritStream
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

Default Re: Quest UI, and locating quests you do not have

imo- not helpful to me personally unless it includes quests i don't meet the requirements for, but that comes from a biped main, and bipeds have a lot of quests requiring a specific active shcool that i never see because i'm usually not in said school.

this would bring an implication if it were to include quests we don't meet the requirements for: long lists seem daunting to new players, additionally, it would have to show quests for dragons we don't meet level/school requirements for but only quests which are doable by DRAG, DCRA, DCRS, DLSH (the dragon schools) or alternatively only doable by race = dragon and quests for bipeds that are doable by every biped school only but the level/school requirements aren't met or race = not_dragon (and also mind that sslik's have a quest exclusive to their race, so that's another requirement). something more for the devs that anything to consider, but may require some alterations in terms of quest requirements.

Default Re: Quest UI, and locating quests you do not have

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    imo- not helpful to me personally unless it includes quests i don't meet the requirements for, but that comes from a biped main, and bipeds have a lot of quests requiring a specific active shcool that i never see because i'm usually not in said school.
    This is why I meant only to include quests you are able to get, once you meet the requirements, they show up. As you progress through the game your character learns new skills, achieves new levels and finishes all sorts of quests that chain into one another. If you multiclass as a biped, it's not that hard to switch classes if you want to find quests specific to those classes. I feel if every single quest were shown in the available quest list, it would be nearly impossible to go through them and sort them out. This is also why I suggested the race/lvl/etc requirements. Your Inactive Quests list shouldn't be clouded with quests classes other than yours can get, but you can't. It would seem redundant.

However, I see your point, maybe if you have no other quests to do, you'd be looking for quests on other classes, but I don't see why you would need to view every quest from a different class, for a different class, instead of just switching to that class and viewing them in a more organized way.

Nonetheless, I appreciate the feedback. ^^
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

Thread Information