Thread: Scholar shop storage

Default Scholar shop storage

Can't open the storage on my expert scholar shop, from any character I own. I don't know if all tiers of scholar shops are broken, or just expert..

Update: apparently scholar shops have been reset to default (Deny) access. as I see my alts plot (which I had access to yesterday) is denying me access to scholar shop only. Logging owner in now to repair
    Last edited by Malicore; November 22nd, 2016 at 10:38 PM.

Default Re: Scholar shop storage

I do not own an Expert Scholar Shop but guildee owned one (perm set to Guild) opens fine for me.

Knossos

mine was set to open.

I noticed Scramjets old plot in Harro has the same issue. the scholar shop is the only building I didn't have access to

The scholar shop on Scramjet's old plot was set to guild-only until the silos issue (for which Eragonn submitted a ticket over a week ago, that has no reply yet) gets resolved, as a place to store orbs for Scions guild.

Was there an ownership change of the plot(s) in question, that resetting the access was missed in that case? Might also check if an account somehow was dropped; I've had to be careful when credit card numbers changed.

no, my alt owns the plot and it hasn't changed hands. What is the problem with the silos? if he can't place more silos, the reason behind it is "you can't add more than 20 of each silo type" Which was already addressed to Scramjet while he owned it and was having issues when trying to update to T6 silos from T4. I hope this helps

It has to do with silos already built on his plot, that were in use for years. New owner cannot do anything with them. Still no reply to the support ticket, though I expect holidays made things slow. Maybe when the new storage units come out, the useless silos can be deconstructed and replaced? Would be nicer to have the storage available now, though.

have him trade to an alt, or trade to a friend and trade back again. then plot will be at default and he can try again

You might try clearing worldcache, log back in, see if you can adjust the permissions on those structures. If the permissions look ok (but are not working as they should), change them to a different setting anyway, then change the permissions back to what you want. Change 1 structure at a time.

Clearing the world cache made them disappear altogether, as was on the plot planning map. Where did they go?!?
    Tried adding replacement silos to the plot, and ran into snafus with that. Very frustrated at this point.

Whatever caused my original problem locking out my scholar shop storage, has extended itself.. I went to use my connies, which I have done at least once a week since I built the plot (note: I do not personally own the plot with the characters having issues. it is owned by an alt of mine on the same account) I was denied access to the NPC usage. I had to log in my alt, checked the permissions and all were correct.. I tried again and still no access. finally I changed the permisions of the connies and then set them back. This finally fixed my problem, and I was then allowed to access them once again.

This has been an ongoing issue that I have reported years ago, with deconned plot structures still appearing after they have been removed, and requiring cache to be cleared in order to see what is there and whats not. I had to clear cache myself last night to get rid of a few plots that have been deconned but still showing structures on them.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Clearing the world cache made them disappear altogether, as was on the plot planning map. Where did they go?!?
    Tried adding replacement silos to the plot, and ran into snafus with that. Very frustrated at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post

Were they in the planning window but not actually placed? Perhaps it stores your planning work in the worldcache, and is only fully committed once you click "Build" on each structure. Not sure, but I am sorry if you lost your planned out work. Though it does sound like you did need a clearing of the cache.

You can also just delete the sector file for that plot, and not the whole cache if you want. Go to each of the 4 corners of your plot, select yourself, and type /printsec, and record the first number listed. You need to check all 4 corners, since some plots are on borders, and might be spread across multiple sectors. Once you know all the numbers that apply to your plot, log out, go to worldcache - shardname - and then it might be in terrain, and search for sector_x.def where x is the number(s) you found when doing printsec. Delete those files. Then log back in, they will re-download fresh.

that's a lot of work. so much easier to clear cache in the long run. plus if multiple plots have been closed.. you would be forever looking up each of those. the game used to refresh itself. it stopped doing so several years ago. no idea why, and it's never been fixed. perhaps unfixable, I don't know. I cleared cache yesterday and today I see another plot has gone to dust and now need to clear again. as 3 building still remain not only visible, but also as if they really exist, because you can not walk through them. You must walk around them.

Yeah, the world cache files have version numbers, which increment with each change, like someone planning a new structure on their plot. The version checking is definitely bugged for some time.

Thread Information