Thread: Cant get ingame

Default Cant get ingame

Anyone else having problems getting ingame? Everything seems fine and I am not getting any prompts. I login, get to the next screen, everything seems fine on it. When I hit play, getting ingame starts then immediately drops.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Cant get ingame

That's odd, it works just fine for me :o

Very weird indeed. Pretty sure it is on my end now but cant figure out what is going on. When I am logging in game doesn't even show up on task manager. Like something on my screen isn't really happening even though it is on my screen. Tried everything I can think of for the time being. Just getting frustrated now.

More info would be needed-

If it crashes then what's the uhh..error...id...number...thing.

However, i'm betting that if you go into the Troubleshoot menu, and uncheck a box called "Use DX9 Shaders" this may stop. This option requires DX9 to use, which some computers cannot access. Having it actiavted on one such computer results in the client loading with the little box thing, but as soon as it finishes loading istaria will not actually start up.
    (note: i'm not actually sure if this is on live- i know it was in the blight patch one before the delta however)

Hey Teto,
    I hope you got in since you posted. Sorry I didn't check the forum to see your post. I thought I was the only one who had that problem on Tuesday lol I dug deeper into it and found for some weird reason I lost the "d3dx9_43.dll" file. I searched why that happened and found this fix.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35
    I had to download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer and then everything worked fine. Gotta love Windows lol
    Good luck bud.

Not yet bud, I just downloaded the link you posted so I'll let you know.

Yep that was the problem. Thanks Scrammer

Sweet! glad I could help there.

cheers

Once again I am left unable to log in to the game due to a java issue. I can log in to the launcher, but as soon as a click on my character and click play, the java 9 popup comes up again, (it used to appear when the launcher started up, now it's appearing much later) after clicking decline on that popup the launcher just crashes and the game won't load. It was extremely difficult getting the game to start the last time this issue happened and I don't know if I have the patience to spend another entire day trying to make it work again.

Can anyone help?

look in troubleshooting for a setting something like use dx9 shaders. Uncheck it if checked and try to log in then.

Since this was mentioned earlier I assume you already tried this, and what Rock said ended up fixing his/her problem.

I had the box unchecked and I didn't have any .dll issues. apparently the update last week didn't like me. It's working again after the update today. Glad I could at least patch. Thanks Smaug.

Thread Information