Thread: DOOM blight portal

Default DOOM blight portal

It would be cool if we had sporadic blight portals that would spawn at various locations throughout Doom that would allow mobs to come in. It would be like a blight anchor sort of but, you wouldn't be able to target the portal itself. It would just let mobs in for 10 minutes or so and spawn once an hour possibly at multiple locations.

There would be no safe place in Doom just to hang out. This same idea would also work well in all the Deadlands.

-Kor

Default Re: DOOM blight portal

This could certainly be done. Anchors could be made invulnerable, but have a "buff" on themselves that would kill them in a set amount of time.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

This sounds like a neat idea. Would love to see how it implemented.

So, you would make an anchor "mob" but just use the model of some of the existing blight portal structures we already see in Eastern Deadlands. It would be unselectable and invulnerable, spawn mobs like an anchor does, and de-spawn after a predetermined time.

If these work out, could be used outside of doom as well. Might even be usable in some events.

That unfortunately wouldn't work. Can't spawn structures like that I'm afraid. Spawns have to be monsters and have to have at least one bone in them along with one animation (idle). Creating that could certainly be done with some work, but not just hooking up any structure sadly.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ah, but could you take that structure model, add 1 bone to it so that you have anchor point, and then turn it into a mob?

I, for one, am opposed to this idea.

'No safe spots to hang around in the Doom', or the Deadlands for that matter.

That's hardly good for anyone/everyone, especially for those that are solo training/hunting there and need a break to take care of whatever RL needs there may be. If everywhere was not safe, no one would be able to step away to take care of RL necessities, unless they recalled out and then, again, they'd have to return to the doom and pay the 2s again every time.

If something like this is implemented, while it would make it more challenging for those that are 'beaters' and 'game-winners', it wouldn't be conducive to 'casual' players or those that want a more slow-paced hunt. Not only that, I certainly don't want to have to recall out of the Doom EVERY time I need to take a break only to pay the coin again. I'm a coin hoarder and I hate spending unnecessary coin.

A big change like this needs more feedback from the community as a whole, as opposed to the fact that just a few, select, totally maxed out players want. I can understand the game's most powerful players wanting more of a challenge, but not everyone is an 'Elite Max Level'.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

I don't want to have to do a lot more running back and forth - as long as there are designated break spots, I'd be okay with this. Heck, make them the next 'level up' from maggots (we've slaughtered maggots for so long it'd be lovely to have something else/more difficult(MORE EXP!) to grind).

Let's meet in the middle. I have both maxed out charas and some who aren't. So how about spawn such a thing maybe once a hour and only one at the time in doom and maybe 2-3 randomly in deadlands. It's a really interesting idear but making the doom full of these things or even ED is as Litarath said not so smart. Dragons can fly to go afk, yes but what about the nakas and hatchies?

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Kor, Mr. Strongbone-Sir:-)

If you can take alone, what Flame and me can take together- then you are really strong- and we need a new word for "uber"^^
    ( And btw- a dragon can hold Queen too-longer than a min- does that mean anything?)
    But I am sure there are not many who can compete with you.

But why should something that works fine should be changed? Changed for only a handful of uber Ubers?
    (do not get me wrong- not ment hostile- I understand your wish Kor and all other who want that change*peaceful winghug^^*)

Leave doom creatures where they belong- and put anchors and other hard core creatures (not that I consider an anchor hard core^^) in ED- and all who want to fight those.. are able to fight those there! Make one area there kinda t7.

Whats wrong with safe place areas- they are everywhere- why not in doom??

A compromise would be (to get a compromise at all)- to make doom creatures stronger- and more of them.
    All other- a clear NO from here

and pls consider what is written here- its the same issue

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...312#post315312
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; December 13th, 2016 at 08:22 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

It's a great idea, that could lead to more options to run events and automated events.

There will always be those who complain or whine about any change, without even seeing what impact it could have.

I will reserve judgement on that until it is implemented.

And BTW, Dralnok's Doom is a t6 dungeon... saying you want a "safe spot" well, I say there shouldn't be ANY safe spots in a dungeon. BTW over 50% of that dungeon is currently "safe". You can stand there, go afk for hours, come back and your guy is still standing there.

If the idea removed only 10% of that space, in addition to giving the dungeon some unpredictability, I will call that a win.

I think there should be some safe spots, but there should be more undead in The DOOM, the broken portal down there according to lore but don't hold me too it, goes to a blighted area, eastern continent. Dralnok chased some undead into the Doom there should be at least a connection to the withered aegis down there and there is lore in the game about Shaloth the queen having ties to maggot lord before a falling out. At least by lore standards there should be some kind of blight portal down there just not a massive amount of them. That would be unbalanced between the serious players the elite and the causal players if there was a massive amount of portals. Like another person Lov, said lets meet half way.

Ouch:-(

ok- I was not clear enough it seems:

- I dislike the idea of mixing creatures/mobs from above with such down in Doom.
    It feels dilettante to me- as if someone ran out of new ideas.
    Doom is full of mighty strange creatures- they do not need help from above.
    - Let Queen spawn regulary inside her region- send her back after been killed or x h.
    - Free the scorpion king (if he did not already pass away due to boredom^^) and let him defend the entrance(s)
    to the myloc halls
    - Let maggots take revenge for all the levels they had to die for - give them a king to lead the troups
    - If you want undead- take the dwarves-

Things like that (and pls do not tell me that there are scorpions and spiders above too!)

Safe places:
    Did I say I want more- or that I disagree if there are less?
    I said in general: Everywhere are safe places- why not in Doom

The whining and complaining in this thread is about how to find the balance between
    *ooups- now I had to censor myself*
    new try:
    balance between t6 players demands and average players needs.

btw : I tried to be nice and friendly here in this thread- If someone missunderstood- I apologize. This issue should not divide friends:-(
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    - Let Queen spawn regulary inside her region- send her back after been killed or x h.
    (
    That might not be a good idea cause of her AOE that's the only concern with Volcanic Eruption and Spiritual Bomb.

- Let maggots take revenge for all the levels they had to die for - give them a king to lead the troups
    That is a good idea, maybe make the maggots more organized.

- Free the scorpion king (if he did not already pass away due to boredom^^) and let him defend the entrance(s)
    to the myloc halls
    This is another possible good idea to have him roam a bit but make the path to him bigger it is kind of a tight spot.

- I dislike the idea of mixing creatures/mobs from above with such down in Doom.
    It feels dilettante to me- as if someone ran out of new ideas.
    This is fine. The portal in doom could just spew out mylocs, carrior crawlers, spiders.. Once they get them working, can use a different one in eastern deadlands, that spawns appropriate mobs.

to the myloc halls
    - If you want undead- take the dwarves-
    If you mean for those mobs to have longer patrol routes, I think that's a great idea

I been thinking on this for awhile and I going to state there should be a portal to the undead that Korchak first suggested, a good place would be around coordinates [8668/46820] in the doom, which is about southwest of the broken portal and would help tie into the lore of the doom. In addition another place would be [8593/46530] in that little spot it has nothing there and is a little isolated area with no enemies. This would at least help build up the empty myloc area bit and help bipeds with leveling.

Thread Information