Thread: Suggestions that make sense to me II

Default Suggestions that make sense to me II

Greetings,

- Dragon ability "Acceleration" - this ability cannot be used while flying - which make said ability useless in my opinion.
    Someone told me to look at said ability as being some kind of take off tool - I tried it, take off stil happens at same speed.
    Make this ability usuable in flight - if not, remove it, or rename it to take-off-tool-for-fat-dragons.

- How about implementing a consigner log - so that we can consult said list, and see what we have sold in the past, or just to help track down items you thought were lost, misplaced, etc ...
    Im not sure if this feature already exist or not - add log to guild halls and the likes, so we can track who deposits/withdraws items.

- Im currently not interested in owning a Lair, because they do not appeal to me - I prefer my gaming experience to be logical and practical - Is it possible to add an extra lair design ? - 1 big room, which fits all crafting machines used by dragons + vault - all in same room - I would really like to see this

- Community needs more plots/lairs - most of the prime estate locations have been seized - this is good news, people have their plots, devs their funding - add new plots, merge existing plots, free up inactive plots which have been owned for years, but are not used, and make then available again - the more plots players bye, the more funding you have for the game - win/win

- How about enabling ingame vaults to be accessed by every character on the same account

- So far, I only explored 1 tomb - Tomb of Ashlander Vandus - upon entering said tomb, the first thing that came to my mind "Man, this place is cramped, I wonder how a handfull of dragons can navigate this tomb"
    .... and no, you cannot use dragon breath in khutit form, an ability i love to use, since i love to fry Bipeds - and no, im not using hax commands like shrink me-supersize me - if an option is not available in the option menu, i aint touching it
    How about making said tombs fit all sizes ?

- Obsolete quest item to do not self-delete - My vault is filled with quest items I had to retrieve for a quest at some point or another - notable example from New Trismus include "Lone Wolf Pelt" - "Old Heart shaped locket" - "Promissory note and ring" and so on. Make this items self-delete themself upon completion of associated quest - no reason whatsoever to keep collecting them. If you tell me to simply delete them, problem solved ... then I ask you, why do we need devs ?

- Information about the game, game mechanics, mobs, skills, leveling and so on are, in my opinion, very important for complex games like mmorpg's. I find my gaming experience greatly improved when said information available at all times.
    I wanna see SIGNS ingame everywhere - SIGNS that point you to interesting quest npc - SIGNS that tell you where to start quest chains - SIGNS that tell you where to go for group events - SIGNS that tell you today's date and time - SIGNS EVERYWHERE ...
    Or a very detailed and comprehensive encyclopedia which contains every information about the game, and which pops up ingame the first time you log in with your new character - so players know its there, and can be consulted every time.
    My gaming immersion is killed every time I have to alt-tab to go look for info

- I often have this feeling - you are allowed to play an mmo, but the many gaming restrictions tells me the dev want me to play the game moderatly ... which is absurd in my opinion. i do not claim this to be the case with Istaria, just a general feeling I have when playing games with all kinds of restrictions
    SKILL RESET - whenever I hit this button, I want all my skills to reset, and I want said skill points to be re-usable at once, and ALL OF THEM - I want to be able to change skill like a mad dingo every 37 minutes - i do not wish to change servers, simply to play with skills points - While leveling my character, I continuosly improve my equipement, with more stats, more techs, and have a need to adapt my training points accordingly, however I SEE FIT, whenever I WANT, how frequently I WANT - if not - remove the ability to reset all skills points at once, and let us lumber forth with the "buy back point" option.
    Devs are allowed to try and keep their player base playing their product as long as possible, which i understand, from an economic point of view - but only I decide how long I will be using a product, no one else.

You will love this suggestion

- Every newcomer to the game has the right to be informed, in a timely fashion, about scheduled maintenances, therefore these posts should be posted 24hours prior to said scheduled maintenance, and it has to include a starting time.
    Yes, I assume every week, there is at least 1 newcomer to the game who has no clue whatsoever.
    Unless, the dev(s) responsible for forum posting believes there are no newcomers to the game, we keep posting the same info for the same eyes over and over again, so let's not stress our fingers to much, and type the bare minimum, I cannot see a logical reason why the post cannot be posted 24hours up front.
    ... How would you feel if the city council decides to cut down electricity and water in the area you live in, to perform maintenance, and only informed you 10 hours up front, by use of leaflet they drop in your mailbox - lets hope you not sleeping, working, busy elsewhere

Be ever optimistic, enthusiastic, but above all, logical and practical

I thank u for your time
    Yggddrassil

Somewhere in Istaria chasing butterflies or prowling the deadlands, getting into mischief.

Default Re: Suggestions that make sense to me II

Dyoniccus
    Suggestions that make sense to me II

Information about the game, game mechanics, mobs, skills, leveling and so on are, in my opinion, very important for complex games like mmorpg's. I find my gaming experience greatly improved when said information available at all times.
    I wanna see SIGNS ingame everywhere - SIGNS that point you to interesting quest npc - SIGNS that tell you where to start quest chains - SIGNS that tell you where to go for group events - SIGNS that tell you today's date and time - SIGNS EVERYWHERE ...
    Or a very detailed and comprehensive encyclopedia which contains every information about the game, and which pops up ingame the first time you log in with your new character - so players know its there, and can be consulted every time.
    My gaming immersion is killed every time I have to alt-tab to go look for info

An Encyclopedia!

Mmorg's of this age nearly all have an in-game Encyclopedia so why shouldn't Istaria?

"A book giving information on many subjects or on many aspects that are typically arranged alphabetically."

This would be beneficial for newcomers, players such as ourselves and returning players.
    An encyclopedia would be an easy and simple task to find and use in-game than having to alt + tab or go into your net browser.
    Yes, there is the Istaria Wiki, Lexica and the forums to look for information however the info could be outdated, lost and there's loads of post's here that may take 30 odd minutes or over an hour to find.
    Sure we can ask our fellow Istarians in-game for help to a question however, they may not have the answer you are seeking.

An in-game encyclopedia would save time and frustration then looking online for answers that you may or may not find.
    Make the encyclopedia accessible the moment you step right into Istaria so that you can consult it every time, add it to the list that's in-game that you can access like 'equipment, quests, inventory, etc.'

The encyclopedia is a book that is arranged alphabetically! Make it so that it has a title page, contents page with headings that are hyper-linked so that you don't have to scroll through 100 odd pages to find a section on 'the blight' maybe put an index page or a glossary. Get the players to help create the book with their experiences and suggestions.
    The encyclopedia should be on the game itself such as the mechanisms with headings of monsters, npc's, quest's, dungeons, guilds, groups, etc.

I understand that it may take a while to process all the information into an in-game book for Istaria, we have enough people and players that can lend knowledge and insights.

~ Alphiner.
    ~ Sacoridia & Anakis ~
    Encircled by ancient records, books, and maps, located in light-sensitive rooms that stay cloaked in darkness until you make your presence known, and enveloped by dust that softly tells tales of yesteryears, it presents the ideal ambience...almost too idyllic, perhaps, for a tranquil nap... Zzzzz.

.... wipes drool of face ...

Yes - this is exactly what I want to see - Also, all and any information should be accurate and to the point - I prefer not having to read through pages of lore, before said information appears.
    There is a place for lore - its always located at the BACK of encyclopedias lol - the last few pages

This can only improve player's independance during gaming, and would lessen the numerous questions posts on the forums, which leads to less tired-dev-eyes, which they in turn, can apply to other matters

Amazing idea
    Last edited by Dyoniccus; December 6th, 2016 at 07:55 AM. Reason: adding spacing, correcting spelling

Somewhere in Istaria chasing butterflies or prowling the deadlands, getting into mischief.

On another note when we log into our accounts with all the information on chars, servers, etc. Why not have a box for Maintenance and an Encyclopedia. Not everyone uses/ has an account with the forums to look at stuff like maintenance and what's being done to the server.
    Such as myself I have to bring forums website up to see if maintenance is on or not on, wouldn't it be better if there was a box stating the time's, date's and how long left till maintenance is over or show's up.

With the encyclopedia i stand with what i posted just adding in another thing with having it as a clickable box on our accounts that pop up like a book with the same information as the in-game one.

~ Alphiner
    ~ Sacoridia & Anakis ~
    Encircled by ancient records, books, and maps, located in light-sensitive rooms that stay cloaked in darkness until you make your presence known, and enveloped by dust that softly tells tales of yesteryears, it presents the ideal ambience...almost too idyllic, perhaps, for a tranquil nap... Zzzzz.

I could not agree with u more, Alphiner.

The "news" section on the launcher window should include scheduled maintenances info.
    I cannot see any logical reason why this should not be

First, thank you for taking the time to submit your suggestions and thoughts. We appreciate it and your enthusiasm for the game. I'll address each in turn along with some from your other thread (its easier to do them all in one place).

Announce maintenance earlier and on launcher
    I have passed this request along.

Quest to defeat cedar treants has incorrect directions
    We'll fix the directions in this quest for Delta 292

Add level requirement indications to every adventure quest
    There is a quest proposal window that is in development already. I've added it to my list to consider displaying the minimum level. However, if you are looking for something that indicates the difficulty of the quest, we have no current way of doing that beyond the minimum requirements of the quest itself.

Gain loyalty tokens for referring friends (who stay for subscribe)
    This is a good suggestion, I've passed it along.

Refurbished dragon scales
    This is on the to-do list, but there is no ETA at this time.

More details on what stats do
    We're discussing the best way to accomplish some of this. No ETA or decision has been made yet.

Acceleration should be usable while in flight
    This is a long-standing issue we started looking at in mid-2015. Our temporary solution was to double the duration of the buff to account for time spent taking off. We realize it doesn't help while in flight though. No ETA on this.

Consigner log (what was listed, when, for how much, did it sell)
    This is an interesting suggestion, I've passed it along.

One massive lair chamber with many machines
    It is easy to build a lair with multiple structures, with workshops off the corridors. As a result, there are no plans to add this.

More lairs/plots
    There are plenty available throughout the world. There are no more to add more or consolidate existing plots/lairs. As stated in other threads, if there are lairs/plots that are not desirable, we would rather work to improve the area surrounding those than to remove them or add more.

Shared vaults
    Due to the current system, this is not workable. Plot/Lair storage can be used for this purpose and controlled with permissions.

Tomb of Vandus is cramped for dragons
    It is not nearly as cramped for hatchlings. The Tomb of Vandus is a level 30 dungeon, not meant for adult/ancient dragons. Please note it is also a human tomb, not built for Dragons. Also, this is the only tomb-like dungeon in the game. Others are more cave-like and have more space (Helian's Tomb and Dralnok's Doom).

Obsolete quest items don't delete. "Lone Wolf Pelt", "Old Heart-shaped Locket", "Promissory Note"
    Many of these quests, by means not all in Istaria, were requested by the community to not clean up after themselves. This was so that players could use these items for RP purposes. We're working on ideas that could allow the quests to clean up after themselves, but still allow players to acquire these items for RP later. There is no ETA on this nor are there any plans at this time to change these quests.

Signs that tell you where and what to go and do
    I don't quite understand this. Roads lead you to towns, NPCs have indicators above their heads telling you they have quests. Many quests lead you from town to town where you can find the next set of quests to obtain.

Skill Reset feature
    There are no plans to add this. In my opinion, the buy-back point system work well.

in-game encyclopedia
    There is an in-game encyclopedia you can access from the Star Menu. You can read more about it here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...t=encyclopedia. Feedback on it has been minimal so providing more would be useful.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 6th, 2016 at 12:38 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There is a quest proposal window that is in development already. I've added it to my list to consider displaying the minimum level. However, if you are looking for something that indicates the difficulty of the quest, we have no current way of doing that beyond the minimum requirements of the quest itself.
    If the quest is a kill quest, would it be possible to at least display the level of the creatures you are supposed to kill? That might help with what is being asked. For eg. "Kill 20 bronze golems (lvl 18)"

Many of these quests, by means not all in Istaria, were requested by the community to not clean up after themselves. This was so that players could use these items for RP purposes. We're working on ideas that could allow the quests to clean up after themselves, but still allow players to acquire these items for RP later. There is no ETA on this nor are there any plans at this time to change these quests.
    Would it be possible to add a note to the tooltip for that item that the quest was completed? or that the item is no longer needed? Then people could dispose of it if they wished, but RPers could keep it?

If the quest is a kill quest, would it be possible to at least display the level of the creatures you are supposed to kill? That might help with what is being asked. For eg. "Kill 20 bronze golems (lvl 18)"

Typically the quest is given around the same level as the monsters who you are asked to kill. This breaks down a bit with Tier 5/6 quests since they tend to look for monsters that are beyond the level 100 limit and with Dragon ability/skill quests. The reason for the problem with dragon quests is that originally they were all received at level 10, 20, 30, etc. We had a significant amount of enthusiastic and loud feedback from players regarding changes to the levels and availability of these quests. We can certainly address them again.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

@AmonGwareth - Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my suggestion. Much appreciated

...It is easy to build a lair with multiple structures, with workshops off the corridors. As a result, there are no plans to add this.
    A couple months ago I made a similar suggestion. Create a few new lair rooms, could even base them off the existing "lair" and "hall" rooms, and just add a few extra attachment points/doors.

Then we could use it as a central chamber, add all the shops, etc, to the attach points, and the lair would be so much easier to navigate.

You are right, we can basically do this now, except that the majority of lairs are not wide enough. My suggestion was to widen all lairs, where possible, by 2 units in the x and y axis. Then we would have the space to better plan out the lair. This would be awesome, and I would even tear out my lair to replan it to do this. Lots of us would.

Just widen the lairs please.

Sorry, no can do on widening lairs. Will ask the artists about the lair chamber idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyoniccus View Post
    - Community needs more plots/lairs - most of the prime estate locations have been seized - this is good news, people have their plots, devs their funding - add new plots, merge existing plots, free up inactive plots which have been owned for years, but are not used, and make then available again - the more plots players bye, the more funding you have for the game - win/win

I thank u for your time
    Yggddrassil
    Plots that are inactive for xx amount of time, are reclaimed automatically. there are no plots in use from long ago, on dead accounts. if someone owns it, it's being paid for. as long as it's being paid for, no one has a right to reclaim it so someone else can have access to it.

Thread Information