Thread: Istaria: The grind, the economy, and me (Part 2 of 2)

Default Istaria: The grind, the economy, and me (Part 2 of 2)

Greetings,

Found an amazing post which offers some interesting reading

http://community.istaria.com/forum/e...-2-of-2)&bt=70

Default Re: Istaria: The grind, the economy, and me (Part 2 of 2)

To clarify, this is a blog entry about the game economy. Dyoniccus, in the future I recommend simply posting the entirety of the blog in the thread. Posting like this makes it seem more like a spam post which is what I thought it was initially.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I will most certainly do so, thank u for the adjustement
    Last edited by Dyoniccus; December 14th, 2016 at 12:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dyoniccus View Post
    Greetings,

Found an amazing post which offers some interesting reading

http://community.istaria.com/forum/e...-2-of-2)&bt=70

Very kind of you and much appreciated. The first part is here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/e...nd-suggestions

@AmonGwareth - My intention was to speak more to product/market fit than the game economy, though that is definitely included.
    Last edited by Beryl; December 14th, 2016 at 10:20 PM. Reason: clarification
    Bherel Auphun (Chaos - main)
    Roasted Sumatra (Chaos)

Sassi Quickwing (Blight)
    [Beryl, house of the Kindred Spirits, Dawn Server, R.I.P.]

Nice! Mmmmph there's so much WANT in here...

"- Create a matrix of achievements that combine social, cooperative, competitive, and crafting so that players can raise the status they want to have (and Virtrium benefits from the added stickiness that these player investments (be they time or money, frankly) deliver."

Tbh i am EXACTLY the kind of person who goes for this- in fact i even made about 3 spreadsheets for a pokemon game just for collectables....

Something which i can "collect" - not neccesarily items, even just achievements - even if it gave me no reward except bragging rights..YES.

Currently in istaria there is nothing which I do collect, since there's...no achievement system, theres no way for others to see what titles you have collected, and well...there's nothing WORTH collecting in terms of items and don't tell me every quest item ever is worth collecting because it isn't.

Achievements is a fantastic solution for this! Currently the only "achievemnt" out there is getting rating 278 adv and/or 234 craft as a biped...this is the ONLY achievement that exists in any form.

"- Get a referral code going for current players. Put some status/vanity/title items into it."
    "- Create regular issue, limited edition (time or style) skins and sell the heck out of them."

PLEASE.

"- Create as many leaderboards as you can imagine and let that data bring you players (as well as provide insight to the difference between what players SAY they want and what they actually USE/DO)."

Alright i LOVE this idea (can you tell i love bragging rights yet?)-
    BUT if leaderbaords were in I want competitive leaderboards- for example another game i played has leaderboards for most time spent playing, that's just...elitism.
    Long time records are out of the question really- for example, most kill count ever? bad leaderboard, most kill count in 1 day? good leaderboard.
    Let records recycle daily/weekly/monthly depending on the leaderboard- make people stay and compete.
    I want people to share screenshots of "I was on this leaderboard once!!!".

As an end game player I welcome to prospect of leaderbaords..for new players aim to get most of the content, lv100 and the basics done, and us old players aim to be the best at SOMETHING in istaria (see: achievements: only two measurable major achievements).

And for new players? That's why records get wiped every so often, to give them a chance to get on there whenever they're able.

Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Very kind of you and much appreciated. The first part is here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/e...nd-suggestions
    I'll be sure to read part I aswell - Thank u

Thread Information