Thread: another broken hotkey

Default another broken hotkey

I noticed today there's another broken hotkey. Mrs. Clause's Special Hot Cocoa doesn't not work on the hotkey bar, and stays greyed out.

Update: I was in polymorphed chicken form at that time. I turned it off but hotkey remained unusable. I relogged and it was back.

apparently the poloymorphing affects the hot cocoa key. have not seen any others affected yet though.

Update 2: comfirmed, polymorphing disables hot cocoa hotkey. does not conflict with the actual cocoa, as I can use it while morphed. on ly seems to affect the hotkey
    Last edited by Malicore; December 15th, 2016 at 11:47 AM.

Default Re: another broken hotkey

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    I noticed today there's another broken hotkey. Mrs. Clause's Special Hot Cocoa doesn't not work on the hotkey bar, and stays greyed out.

Update: I was in polymorphed chicken form at that time. I turned it off but hotkey remained unusable. I relogged and it was back.

apparently the poloymorphing affects the hot cocoa key. have not seen any others affected yet though.

Update 2: comfirmed, polymorphing disables hot cocoa hotkey. does not conflict with the actual cocoa, as I can use it while morphed. on ly seems to affect the hotkey
    Polymorphing will affect anything that has a race restriction, as tech wise it tells the server you are an entirely different race, sadly there is no easy way of fixing this.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

I can still use the cocoa, so it's not a racial thing. it only disables the hotkey I have it set on

There are definitely issues with hotkeys, that are unrelated to race-switching or polymorphing.

I have on my GMC biped, I think 22 hotkeys set up solely for swapping entire sets of crafting gear, plus the tool. and each one equips 20 to 22 items.

Some of those key's will go greyed out for no reason. Possibly, if it thinks you do not meet requirement for one of the items on the hotkey (my theory). It's really annoying. This is a recent bug.

Another thing about editing hotkeys, I cannot resize the window anymore, resizing just expands a bottom empty section when editing a hotkey. It needs to work like it used to, and expand the list of actions the hotkey performs. When it is equipping 22 pieces of gear, it's nice to see the whole list. This seems to have broken when NPC's got 2 sections of window when being greeted, where the bottom half lists available quests. Put the available quests at the top? Or maybe just put it back the way it was..

A lot of times, if a key is improperly greyed out, you can roll that hotkey bar up to another bank of keys, and then switch it back, and it will ungrey

I have a lot of my hotkeys greying out as well Guaran. if I recall it fixes them and if I use certain skils or spells, it greys out again. if I cast/use an ability/buff they come back. This hot cocoa hotkey is dead while in polymorphing, but as a polymorphed animal, I can drink cocoa from my pouch (so not a racial thing) no matter if I change the hotkey it's on it stays greyed out until I am back in Sslik form and recall/relog

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Some of those key's will go greyed out for no reason. Possibly, if it thinks you do not meet requirement for one of the items on the hotkey (my theory). It's really annoying. This is a recent bug.
    Yeah I notice this. Whenever I'm in Bloodmage I can't use my hotkey to swap to my healer gear because I can't wear chainmail. When I'm lvl 70 Conjurer, I can't use my Bloodmage gear hotkey even though Conj can wear padded cloth... because my Bloodthorn Staff is linked to it.

But they hotkeys graying out at all is un-necessary. The pieces that I do meet requirement for would equip, the others will not.

There are situations where I'm crafting something and all I need is a few pieces of crafting jwl to be able to craft what I need or hit optimal. I carry those few jwl pieces with me at all times. I'm used to hitting the key, 4 jwl equipping and nothing else (in vault, out of range, wrong school, whatever), and thats fine. I craft whats needed and move on. Now the hotkeys aren't really working as they should. The hotkey shouldn't be telling me " you can't do that" nor does it need to. That restriction is handled elsewhere.

my dimmed hotkeys just say item not found. when I first log in, there's times nearly every hotkey is greyed. I have to find one that will do something, and then they all come back. or else I use the recall.

A short while ago, I left bristugo to test something, and when I ran down the hill, an entire bar dimmed on me, but I had just i used a skill at nearly the same time and they all came back again. It's an odd bug and has been around a few months now

These greyed out hotkeys are a known issue to me but for new players it might be confusing... any way to fix that?

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Thread Information