Thread: Keori quest, Chiconis - interpretation issue ? Might contain spoilers

Default Keori quest, Chiconis - interpretation issue ? Might contain spoilers

Greetings - MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS

The quest gives u a shipment, and directs you to Kion, where it suggest you go southward and look for Barradin.
    There is 1 path that leaves kion directly south, another that goes west, then south.
    I represented both paths on picture - Red being the path that goes directly south, Blue being the path that goes west, then south.
    Upon doing said quest, I followed the quest description to the letter, as I always do. So, I followed the Red path.
    Upon reaching my destination, I noticed the entrance to a mine, which is also suggested in the quest, and went straight inside the mine, looking for the quest npc.
    Ofcourse, he/she was not there - inquired a bit around, found out there is a trigger point somewhere, and I went out to find said trigger point.
    Went back to Kion, followed the entire Red path on foot - no trigger point.
    Went back to Kion, followed the Blue path out of Kion, then the path turned south, I followed, found trigger point, and I was able to continue my quest.
    So, this is a long text to say this: Is it not better if the quest tells u to follow the blue path, by suggestion you leave kion westward, then turn south ? And by doing so, you will almost never fail the trigger pointOr was it intended to be inaccurate, open to interpretation as to make the player spent time exploration ?

PS: actually there are 2 paths that leads south out of kion, but they converge into 1 not long after

Thank u for your time,
    Yggddrassil
    Last edited by Dyoniccus; December 15th, 2016 at 07:44 PM. Reason: adding info, spelling

Default Re: Keori quest, Chiconis - interpretation issue ? Might contain spoilers

True, the quest doesn't spell out the exact path you should take to get there, but it is correct that Barradin IS south of Kion. Almost directly south in fact. There are many quests out there that do not tell you the exact path to take and I wouldn't expect them all to. Exploration is always rewarded.

I'm not sure the exact directions for the trigger point but if the quest tells you to walk past the trigger point in some way (from the screenshot of the quest it looks that way), there's nothing wrong here.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Default Re: Keori quest, Chiconis - interpretation issue ? Might contain spoilers

When you speak to Keori when picking up the quest, he tells you this:
    "I recommend starting your journey in Kion and following the southwestern path along the edge of the mountain."
    This would put you on the correct one of the two paths. The quest step itself a little more vague because the dialogue already told you where to go; it's more to serve as a reminder than actual outright directions.

I feel if the step itself says "southwestward" from Kion, people would walk straight for the ocean and get even more confused.
    Last edited by Sarsilas; December 15th, 2016 at 08:07 PM.

It's easy to miss the specific southwest directions. I missed it myself the first time I tried it, and I went the west route also.

A more emphatic message, such as "Please go west from here, follow the road around to the mine. If you take the east road, the skeletons there may break the shipment" Of course, instead of saying shipment, describe the quest item. (trying to not to be too spoily) But in addition, put a second trigger point on the West road, i.e. trigger something if they go the wrong way, that does something like "You were frightened by that skeleton and dropped the package! It's ruined!" and it deletes the quest item, and has a new step that sends you back to Chiconis to pick up a new package, and then allows you to go back to the prior steps.

If you can figure out how to do that, might do the same for a Dragon taking flight. And have the quest giver say something like "Be very careful with these, walk them to the teleporter, please don't try flying with these" And then if the game can detect them flying for more than say 2 seconds (small buffer for walking off edges of things that could inadvertently trigger the broken shipment), then they get a similar message about the shipment is damaged now, item deletes, and it sends them back to Chiconis to pick up another shipment.

Since a specific route is needed to get to the quest trigger, might have to get creative
    Last edited by Guaran; December 15th, 2016 at 09:25 PM.

I'm not getting the quest for some reason. Help?

you would have to be a bit more specific. what lvl are you. are you ancient, adult, hatchling. .... you might not be the right level for the quest. we don't have any info on you

Ok here is my experience. I picked up the quest, red the instructions and knew where to go. Good so far. I made a break. 1 week later i continued and the quest log sais south. I took that red path too. No trigger point until i found this thread here. I suggest changing the quest log for those who don`t read chats with the npc and those like me who forgot what they said: Keori suggests that you take the road leading west out of Kion since that one is faster. A newbie would get lost here probably not knowing what to look for, constantly poking the npc at the mine not getting anywhere.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

To be fair, chats with the NPC exist for a reason. If someone skips through them and then gets lost, it is not our fault as they didn't read the instructions clearly given to them.

That being said, I understand coming back after a while, forgetting what was said, and taking the wrong path. When I have the ability to edit things again (I'm out and about for the holidays on a laptop), I'll add a repeatable step that lets you speak to Keori again for a refresher on instructions.

Thread Information