Thread: Hero's Resolve Major Anchor Quest

Default Hero's Resolve Major Anchor Quest

I had the quest to kill the anchor outside delgarath on my alt. After 2 months of waiting for a group, we killed it today. I was ticked off to say the least, when my alt went back to town to claim the reward and was only handed the quest to kill the anchor yet again. What caused the quest to be removed?? and why??

Default Re: Hero's Resolve Major Anchor Quest

wow seriously? that's a rather huge problem.

Apparently when they changed the NPC and the quest to state Major Anchor, instead of Greater Anchor.. It caused the quest to be removed from those who already had the quest waiting

I did take a look at this quest and I couldn't find anything wrong with it. I'm sorry you had this issue, but unless I can reliably repeat it, there's nothing I can do in ways of a fix. If anyone else has this issue, please do post it so we can try to track it down.

For future reference, though, quests don't cancel themselves if they have a step renamed or changed. I can open a quest, change its name or even step order while logged in, relog, and have the updated quest without having to cancel it.

When the quest was changed to look for the Major Anchor, only two things were changed - quest text, quest step text, and the Anchor's name itself. The first two are within the quest itself and wouldn't cause it to quit. The last is on the monster. Quests identify mobs by their IDs, however, and not their names, so it wouldn't affect anything.

Your quest closing was likely unrelated to any changes that were done in the meantime.

Sounds like anyone who was at that step, should double check it, and greet the npc in Delgarath again before killing the anchor.

Hopefully, only a few, or just Malicore was affected.

Did you get it killed again, and if so did the quest at least complete?

I only know it was there 2 weeks ago, and gone the day we killed it. and I was only offered the quest again. so something deleted it, or something was noticed in the change and it was cancelled. I know when we killed it I received no text, went to the npc for the reward and he told me there was one last task. I already had it and I am 100% certain, I always check the next part of a quest when I finish one. And I can tell you that it said Kill Greater Anchor, as I wasn't sure when I saw this text that it would work, knowing the anchor was now a Major Anchor. I don't know what caused it.. but after the patches we got recently, it seemed to have vanished.

After getting the quest a 2nd time, we managed to still have players online willing to kill it again. so the quest is now complete

Thread Information